Hey,

I have been reading and learning for years now with out any real practice. Recently that changed and as I begin to explore the vastly different world of trying these tequniques and not just reading about them I would love people who have accomplished more than me to post how/what they found to be helpful and hurtful. If you feel you can help me out as a teacher I would love to hear from you, PM me :)

Thanks,

SlippySlim

• Like 1

Hey,

I have been reading and learning for years now with out any real practice. Recently that changed and as I begin to explore the vastly different world of trying these tequniques and not just reading about them I would love people who have accomplished more than me to post how/what they found to be helpful and hurtful. If you feel you can help me out as a teacher I would love to hear from you, PM me :)

Thanks,

SlippySlim

When the student is ready, the teacher appears.

• Like 3

When the student is ready, the teacher appears.

:),

and Magicians help those

who help themselves.

Sometimes you gotta network too.

and demonstrate intelligence and integrity.

• Like 2

And some teachers have new people asking them daily to please teach them.... so obviously they would want to see some extra initiative, a good deal or raw talent, or etc.

Fortunately though, magick teachers are a dime a dozen on the internet, so it shouldn't be too difficult to find some who would teach you and that you like. Though looking for them on a forum which is based on other paths primarily might not get the best results ;).

There are many online courses abound, here's a few of them and I'm sure people will list more. One thing I'd recommend is doing a divination to see what each course offers you and consider for yourself what your actually looking for. Saves you time and money.

Also IMO, there's nothing wrong with books, they are quite complimentary to practice and expanding ones horizons of whats out there. But if all you do is read and no practice.....then that's a problem, don't get stuck in Hod.

http://www.inominandum.com/blog/

http://www.quareia.com/#main

http://www.magicalexperiments.com

http://headforred.blogspot.com

Edited by OldChi
  • Like 1

I am more than ready to show my earnst interest in being taught to a teacher, I am not looking for an easy way out but simply a better way in. I am not looking for an online teacher (well not entirely) as I would never know who is influencing me or what their motives are. Either way the reason I posted on here too was that I am interested heavily in meditation due to some experience I had with it that turned me onto the whole thing and being an eastern site I thought some people on here would have experience in what I want to study.

Thanks for the responses everyone and the sites 'Old Chi'

Seek (your hardest with all of your might everywhere for what you're looking for) and you will find. It's a purification process to put forth effort. Then when you do find, obey instructions. This is so much easier said than done.

I am always bemused by suchlike vague inquiries 'I am looking for a teacher', ' I am looking for a true practitioner'. A teacher of what? A true practitioner of what exactly?

if you keep practicing everyday eventually a teacher will appear, especially when you reach a certain stage.

Practice practices that lead you to enlightenmnet or awakening, any practices for powers or anything related to that, will throw you off course. focus all of your practice towards Reaching awakening

Although this is the occult discussion section, as your core practice i would highly recommend some kind of inter-alchemical practice(Chi-Kung, Inner Heat,....etc), raising your vibration and purification are of most importance....IMO. These are practices that IME, are sorely lacking in the Western Tradition.

I practiced eastern inner alchemical exercises for many years and found that they contributed nothing from a spiritual perspective (though there are mental and physical health benefits, of course). It did seem to me at the time that they did... but now I know better.

I'm not sure why you believe that the western tradition is lacking in vibratory attunement or purification exercises either. My experience has been that the west is far in advance of the east in this regard.

Best,

Fr UFA

Hmmm....when I referred to alchemical systems I made references to actual practices like chi kung and inner heat (tummo). The idea behind internal alchemy is refining the energies of the body from the gross to the subtle as well as circulating energy through the actual body and dissolving energetic blockages.

You say there are similar methodologies in western systems. Not only similar, but superior. Could you please give some mention of these methodologies so that I could do my own research? I would be most interested to look into them. Aside from work by Christopher Bradford I've yet to hear of any mention of internal alchemical traditions that are specifically Western systems.

My experience of the Western Tradition has been a heavy emphasis on spellwork, talismans, working with spirits, elemental Magick, trance/visionary work and ritualistic practice. All of which has its place, but is not specifically inter-alchemical its approach.

Edited by OldChi

I practiced eastern inner alchemical exercises for many years and found that they contributed nothing from a spiritual perspective (though there are mental and physical health benefits, of course). It did seem to me at the time that they did... but now I know better.

I'm not sure why you believe that the western tradition is lacking in vibratory attunement or purification exercises either. My experience has been that the west is far in advance of the east in this regard.

Best,

Fr UFA

Perhaps it depends on which eastern inner alchemical exercises one does.

Now personally I wouldn't say the western system is lacking necessarily, but I have seen far more eastern practitioners get somewhere than western ones, for whatever reason. (I mean people practicing each system, irrelevant to birthplace or geographical location).

I am more than ready to show my earnst interest in being taught to a teacher, I am not looking for an easy way out but simply a better way in. I am not looking for an online teacher (well not entirely) as I would never know who is influencing me or what their motives are. Either way the reason I posted on here too was that I am interested heavily in meditation due to some experience I had with it that turned me onto the whole thing and being an eastern site I thought some people on here would have experience in what I want to study.

Thanks for the responses everyone and the sites 'Old Chi'

You posted in the western esoteric section, so the replies you have been receiving are based on someone wanting to learn those particular traditions. I recommend asking on the more eastern sections, as they are far superior for meditation in particular (IMO).

• Like 1

Hey,

Thanks,

SlippySlim

Hey slippy, aside from my other recommendations, the only thing I'd say is to start developing a relationship with your HGA. You can do this with simple daily prayer. It will guide you to where you need to go and the methods best for you......if you ask. :P

There is a thread on it in this section. Best of luck.

Edited by OldChi

Can't help but love these guys. I think they exemplify a lot of characteristics that you should look for in True Practitioners: Sense of Humor, Unpretentious, and Knowing they don't know everything.

Enjoy :)

Edited by OldChi
  • Like 2

Sign in to follow this