Pietro

A strange PM exchange

Every now and then I receive PM. I hardly use PM, mostly I think the discussion is and should be kept in the discussion forum so that we all can participate. Strangely enough I don't get much email from the people who write many posts. We know who we are. But then from time to time I get PM's from externals. People who wrote one, two or twenty-2 posts and then start pm-ing like crazy. Am I the only one to receive them. It gets worse, when I receive them, they usually contain some questions, and once I answer them to rise the question with the community I invariably get a "no", since they don't want to raise to much spam. I mostly ignored this behaviour until today when after I clarifed that I was NOT going to pass on the famous info from David (as if they had anything remotely interesting! Wtf!), and as a response I received:

ok. i understand. then, please do not tell anybody about this conversation.

When I clarified that I was going to speak about this conversation because I actually was thinking of doing it before, and he should have asked me to keep it confidential BEFORE it started, what I received was:

muhahahaha. then i create a new account. fuck you.

I am actually quite perplexed. :o

But it does give some ground to why some practices were kept confidential.

In any case I am now testing the message ban system. Considering how little I use PM I might actually just take off the possibility for everybody to PM me. Am I the only having this troubles? Because if I am not, then maybe a little exchange of opinions might help the community.

Hi Pietro,

I received funny questions in the past and I know of at least another person who had a similar experience. And it really can get annoying. But what is it you are asking for?

I have no clue how one can go on about weirdos...

:)

Harry

I've not gotten any odd questions from our Taobums site -only from my Tenants' Rights cyber-connections...

I hope this crap is not too distracting or disconcerting for ya !-

I received funny questions in the past and I know of at least another person who had a similar experience. And it really can get annoying. But what is it you are asking for?

Hello Harry, just to understand if it was just me. or it was a general phenomena. I could have PM all the people I am in touch with, but it felt a bit weird to send a PM saying: hey, did you got any strange PM lately :lol:

You see if we are all chatting in a room, and you tell me something privately, everybody knows that there is this discussion going on. But here, as we don't know who is PM'ing who, you can have someone PM'ing everybody and everybody thinking they were the only one. Looking at it from an evolutionary perspective it feels like there is some space for cheaters (no offence meant, it is the scientific technical term for people/agents/programs asking and not giving) which is missing in real life. If someone is speaking in the ear of everybody at a party we all would notice. But here?

Hello Harry, just to understand if it was just me. or it was a general phenomena. I could have PM all the people I am in touch with, but it felt a bit weird to send a PM saying: hey, did you got any strange PM lately :lol:

LMAO!!! Maybe it felt weird, but it would be funny as hell. :D:lol:

I get what you mean Pietro :) Just be assured it wasn't me under a pseudo-name :D

What I do in these cases is to stop communication with those people and I pray that they know nothing about planting virusses on my system :huh:

:)

Harry