Sign in to follow this  
Katastral

Premature Kundalini. How to tread careful?

Been on my Kundalini due to meditation and spiritual search since about 3 weeks back now.

I have felt something changing in me since about 2 years back but it was not until the moment I decided to stop smoking weed and doing acid (changed my diet and other parts of my lifestyle previously) that my prana started running wild.

Had come across information on Kundalini about a month before and haven't had much problem to stay calm but due to bad advice both online and IRL I have gone through a real intense time the past week.

Snake biting my ass and rising through pingala followed by loads of energy stealing nights, hours full of severe headaches and intense grounding all days long.

What I want to know that I found no or conflicted answers to is: Wich meditations and practices can I do without my energy running absolutely wild?

When it does run wild, Is it supposed to go out of my crown or am I supposed to bring it back down through my feet?

And since I am pretty much a beginner (been meditating for about 6 months in total) does that mean I will require more intense practice than someone who had their kundalini awakened more natureally no to get alot of Kundalini symptoms?

I appreciate any answer to anyone of these questions and if you have a personal experience in the matter I would be really happy to know.

Thank you very much! /K

Make certain your sleep stays regular; do physical exercise to insure that this is so.
Kundalini is never premature, it happens when it should; the practise is a preparation, it does not it's self provoke the awakening; It is to keep you from boiling over.

This sounds like prana kundalini which is no big deal, you need to learn to harness the energy by doing something creative. If you can remain aware of your self and others and whilst this occurs, be humble; you will be all right. lose that and it could go very wrong.

You might also like to ask your self why it is that you are doing this? It can be a very long and very painful path to be avoided if not really necessary. Best not experienced alone, for obvious health reasons. It is true that sometimes we have no choice.

Be prepared for a very hard bump when you come down, perhaps even a crash.

Edited by iain

My understanding is that Kundalini cannot be awakened spontaneously, accidentally or by obscure, non-specific methods. There is a specific science behind awakening the Kundalini, so if those are not being met, then there is no way for the Kundalini to rise.

It seems that many people who enter the spiritual world and experience some energetic, nervous, psychosomatic or psychological phenomena for which they have no explanation, are quick to classify it as some form of Kundalini awakening symptom. This is like a doctor diagnosing a problem in a pseudo-scientific manner.

The Kundalini actually heals the body and transforms it into a properly working organism, it does not cause all sorts of disabling psychic, energetic or physical problems. This is why Moses (of the old testament) said to raise the bronze/brass serpent upon a pole and we shall be healed. He was speaking of the Kundalini, now within that statement he also made it clear what one of the primary requirements were to actually raising the serpent.

• Like 2

My understanding is that Kundalini cannot be awakened spontaneously, accidentally or by obscure, non-specific methods. There is a specific science behind awakening the Kundalini, so if those are not being met, then there is no way for the Kundalini to rise.

It seems that many people who enter the spiritual world and experience some energetic, nervous, psychosomatic or psychological phenomena for which they have no explanation, are quick to classify it as some form of Kundalini awakening symptom. This is like a doctor diagnosing a problem in a pseudo-scientific manner.

The Kundalini actually heals the body and transforms it into a properly working organism, it does not cause all sorts of disabling psychic, energetic or physical problems. This is why Moses (of the old testament) said to raise the bronze/brass serpent upon a pole and we shall be healed. He was speaking of the Kundalini, now within that statement he also made it clear what one of the primary requirements were to actually raising the serpent.

There is a post on saktipata here some where, let me see if I can't find it, this demonstrates how another society treads carefully about this occurrence ...

http://thetaobums.com/topic/36257-kashmir-shaivism-the-nine-types-of-grace-of-siva/

Prana kundalini is surprisingly common in today's badly balanced Occidental worlds, I can't speak for other places that I know less of.

The piercing of the 3rd chakra can be messy; most bounce around here never reaching the 4th; It must ideally be done gradually; Then paradoxically we barely know of Her existence, we have to trust.

Spontaneous piercing of the 3rd does happen but then there is still a very long way to go; it can get very cold in your own perspective if you can't keep that lamp alight and have no doctrine upon which to lean, many don't make it or stay rather stuck in this state; bouncing back and forth or worse permanently stuck in another tala rather than loka (lower realm) down not up ...

Spontaneous k awakenings do occur. Mine was also awakened, but I did have some initiation of sorts. I do not know by who (it's still a mystery to me also). Fear will surely unbalance you, so don't let scary stories upset you.

Others who have made it to a full awakening can help to keep the energy in balance when you feel you've lost control. Ask here, some browse this forum now and then and will help you when asked. Also the kundalini energy (or Shakti) is an intelligent force, you can ask her to be careful when she's doing her business, or even to stay quiet for a short while. But always be very respectful of her.

Also, when it gets to rough, keep your attention on something other than this energy. Gardening, cleaning, walking, watching a movie can help, laughing also. Attention will multiply the energy. But never fight it, it will cause pain and you won't win.

Edited by Anoesjka

Can I ask, what does this energy feel like?

It feels like bliss sometimes, or love, or joy, it can also feel like energy rushes and vortexes. The energy is always running on the background, now it's reaching all through my body but it started in my lower back. It feels like water running through a pipe (or at least I think it must be something like that), and often it makes my muscles contract and relax. It can also feel very sexual but it's not really sexual. In my head it feels like worms crawling under my skin and in my back and belly it feels like snakes gliding there.

On top of my head it feels like cold water alongside a vesica pisces shape. My 3rd eye sometimes feels pressure, sometimes a cool breeze blowing on it.

When it's very strong it can contract all my muscles along my spine, stopping my breath and making it feel as though my feet are right under my chin.

Sometimes I'm very cold on the outside and very hot in my bones, and my sacrum may hurt, it often awakes me at night and I get to see all kind of abstract shapes and other things, some beautiful, some not so. I sometimes have a strange sound in my ear, or wake up by a screeching sound like a train doing an emergency stop, or wake up by lights within my head.

I must have left a ton out of what I experience, but this is the kind of everyday stuff. And it's contagious.

sounds like it would be quite unmistakeable if someone were to experience this. I find it pretty fascinating from the litte research ive done its seems some think its an actual biological mechanism that for whatever reason lay untapped in 99 % of the population. Do I have this correct? interesting stuff.

sounds like it would be quite unmistakeable if someone were to experience this. I find it pretty fascinating from the litte research ive done its seems some think its an actual biological mechanism that for whatever reason lay untapped in 99 % of the population. Do I have this correct? interesting stuff.

It took years for me to recognize this as kundalini. I thought I was ill for quite some time. It is possible that a lot of people suffering from fibromyalgia are actually experiencing an awakening.

Wow Anoesjka, thats some very physical manifestations, thank you for sharing that with us; a facinating link you draw with fibromyalgia. Have you found that it has brought posative aspects other than the sensations that are bliss full?
I have been taught that how it manifests depends upon the inner desire of the native.
What are your thoughts on the this, I would be interested to know?

itd be awesome if science could study this phenomenon. I think its been reported widely enough and long enough that it warrants investigation. thatd be pretty cool I think.

• Like 1

I viewed it as a means to union with my inner lover and guide.This awakening has something of a really divine love affair. Once you surrender it engulfs you with its bliss and love. That's a very positive thing, I've never come across something that powerful in my life.

Other than that, I feel that all my needs are met by the universe. There's really not much I yearn for in terms of ambition or material stuff. I have lost a lot of fears along the way, but there are still plenty left. Sometimes I have bouts where I know stuff in advance. And I am able to see chi, but not always.

It would be interesting if some research would be done into this, since it's been so important in our history. It's all about consciousness and that's a very tricky thing in science.

• Like 2

ANyone ever heard of stuff like this being triggered by meeting someone? Im not saying I have awakened kundalini per se however thinking back over the last yr and a half a lot of stuff thats happened to me has all began after I met someone (only a few times) and for reasons I cant really explain left an indelible impact on me in fact it led me to getting into meditation etc, and when Im thinking clearly I can almost "feel" that this was the event that set these types of changes in motion for me.It was in a dating scenario where we didnt end up being together however something about this person resonated with me so strongly it shook me up and precipitated major shifts in my awareness and life etc.and certain things thatare being described as "kundalini" have for sure been occuring for me.It has a sweet yet haunting feeling about it its kind of strange but it feels connected to what I have been going through this past time. sounds bizarre I know but I had never had any interest in anything spiritual in my whole life and it just sort of " happened" after meeting them. sorry if I derailed the thread!

ANyone ever heard of stuff like this being triggered by meeting someone? Im not saying I have awakened kundalini per se however thinking back over the last yr and a half a lot of stuff thats happened to me has all began after I met someone (only a few times) and for reasons I cant really explain left an indelible impact on me in fact it led me to getting into meditation etc, and when Im thinking clearly I can almost "feel" that this was the event that set these types of changes in motion for me.It was in a dating scenario where we didnt end up being together however something about this person resonated with me so strongly it shook me up and precipitated major shifts in my awareness and life etc.and certain things thatare being described as "kundalini" have for sure been occuring for me.It has a sweet yet haunting feeling about it its kind of strange but it feels connected to what I have been going through this past time. sounds bizarre I know but I had never had any interest in anything spiritual in my whole life and it just sort of " happened" after meeting them. sorry if I derailed the thread!

Yes it can; Would require ther initiating the second partie; That the second partie be ready to recieve initiation.

It has already been studied and fully described.

Edited by iain

@bax44: It's very possible somebody sparked your kundalini into awakening. When my kundalini is very active it's affecting other people also, usually males. That's kind of embarrassing. And my husband also has signs of a k activation, so it's not that unlikely.

I had this happen to me about 3,5 years back. Can relate to the headaches and sleepless nights. It can be really disruptive. Today I would say that 95% of my physical side effects are gone. This is my advice:

• For general information and advice you might want to seek out Michael Winn who is a qigong master. He had a kundalini awakening himself and can tell you lots of helpful things. The guys at kundalinisupportnetwork.com are great too.
  • In terms of energy exercises, I can recommend the following: Stay away from meditation until you have things under control. Meditation only increases your energy levels, which is something you don't want if you're too unbalanced. In general, the exercises that have helped me (and really helped me a lot), are the exercises that focus on grounding the energy into the earth, making the energy cycle in the body more smooth and integrating opposite energy cycles. The three exercises I can recommend are: Microcosmic Orbit (do it slowly), Standing in Stillness and Pan-Gu. All can be found on Michael Winn's DVDs. I can also teach you them via Skype if you want to.
  • In terms of food then most people will want to avoid things that give your body a "shock" such as large amounts of sugar, energy drinks, large amounts of white bread/pasta/rice or junk food. Most people say that a more complex diet with meat is more helpful.
  • Finally, one of the most important things: Don't obsess about it. Don't go on an anxiety rampage and think "oh no, it shouldn't be like this". What happens, happens. Observe it and accept everything that is. This is important also when the emotional changes start coming. Believe me. Accepting all of this crazy stuff is the path to greatness. Whatever you experience, accept it.

Best of luck!

• Like 2

The idea that Kundalini cannot be prematurely turned on or forcefully turned on is incredibly naive.

Certainly it can be forcefully turned on and cautions against this sort of practice are spread far and wide across the Internet and many written testimonials right here.

Ram Das forced his and it took the better part of a year to recover - he has heavily recommended not doing what he did.

I am currently working with someone who has great difficulties because of kundalini related problems - this is a person with tremendous capabilities but who requires great personal effort to work through the difficulties created by kundalini.

He is unable to work and get on with his life at this time - luckily he has a fair amount of money to concentrate on rehab and not worry about supporting himself.

Edited by Spotless
  • Like 1

Some interesting insights and opinions you might find helpful on this site:

http://biologyofkundalini.com/

She makes a lot of interesting connections between modern science and kundalini phenomena. There is a lot of info here, I hope it helps.

Edited by futuredaze

The Kundalini actually heals the body and transforms it into a properly working organism.

My own experience physically healed me and made me stronger.

That ain't no delusion.

Psychically and emotionally and intellectually very disorientating though.

But anything that can be done on purpose can be done by accident.

Yet maybe there are no accidents.

Mostly these days I don't want to talk about it.

Thank you so much for all the answers! Every piece of new information is helpful and I am slowly being able to craft a routine that works for me :)

No sleepless nights since about a week ago so at the moment all is good!

• Like 1

I saw someone linker to Biology of kundalini, by Jana dixon. Please bear in mind that she lists zero evidence for all of her claims, which probably means they're all based on her assumptions or personal experience. That does not make them wrong per se, but it does not make them right either.

I had this happen to me about 3,5 years back. Can relate to the headaches and sleepless nights. It can be really disruptive. Today I would say that 95% of my physical side effects are gone. This is my advice:

• For general information and advice you might want to seek out Michael Winn who is a qigong master. He had a kundalini awakening himself and can tell you lots of helpful things. The guys at kundalinisupportnetwork.com are great too.
  • In terms of energy exercises, I can recommend the following: Stay away from meditation until you have things under control. Meditation only increases your energy levels, which is something you don't want if you're too unbalanced. In general, the exercises that have helped me (and really helped me a lot), are the exercises that focus on grounding the energy into the earth, making the energy cycle in the body more smooth and integrating opposite energy cycles. The three exercises I can recommend are: Microcosmic Orbit (do it slowly), Standing in Stillness and Pan-Gu. All can be found on Michael Winn's DVDs. I can also teach you them via Skype if you want to.
  • In terms of food then most people will want to avoid things that give your body a "shock" such as large amounts of sugar, energy drinks, large amounts of white bread/pasta/rice or junk food. Most people say that a more complex diet with meat is more helpful.
  • Finally, one of the most important things: Don't obsess about it. Don't go on an anxiety rampage and think "oh no, it shouldn't be like this". What happens, happens. Observe it and accept everything that is. This is important also when the emotional changes start coming. Believe me. Accepting all of this crazy stuff is the path to greatness. Whatever you experience, accept it.

Best of luck!

I have not been following all of this conversation so perhaps this is out of context but regarding the above posting I would advise almost the polar opposite of the following or at the very least it needs to be dis-entangled and understood correctly:

"*]In terms of energy exercises, I can recommend the following: Stay away from meditation until you have things under control. Meditation only increases your energy levels, which is something you don't want if you're too unbalanced. In general, the exercises that have helped me (and really helped me a lot), are the exercises that focus on grounding the energy into the earth, making the energy cycle in the body more smooth and integrating opposite energy cycles. The three exercises I can recommend are: Microcosmic Orbit (do it slowly), Standing in Stillness and Pan-Gu."

The statement about meditation is very misleading and the author appears not to realize that "standing in stillness" and most exercises of "micro cosmic orbit" are in fact meditation exercises. They are highly energetic forms by comparison to typical sitting meditation (with slowed breathing and out of trance). Pan-Gu is not a label I am familiar with so I am not commenting on it.

The statement about meditation is very misleading and the author appears not to realize that "standing in stillness" and most exercises of "micro cosmic orbit" are in fact meditation exercises. They are highly energetic forms by comparison to typical sitting meditation (with slowed breathing and out of trance). Pan-Gu is not a label I am familiar with so I am not commenting on it.

I guess it's just a matter of definition and the extent to which you want to obsess about it. What I mean is that doing the one-pointed breath/mantra meditations can generally make things worse if you haven't smoothed out the energy flow yet. However once you have things under control, and ensured that you can ground energy and corrected any serious imbalances, you can resume meditation, which I do today, after having implemented the above exercises.

Sign in to follow this