Sign in to follow this  
Yasjua

What are some beliefs you hold that hold you back?

It's like a love relationship. Your beliefs like to be on top. You play submissive while they ride you. They fuck you over but you blind yourself because they promise you security. What are some beliefs you hold that hold you back? What makes it difficult to let go?

Edited by Yasjua
  • Like 1

There is nothing to be filled, Krishnamurti was a celebrity acting out his role.

If he would have been truly enlightened, he would have not spent his time in the cave dancing with his back to artificial light and projecting satisfactory forms upon the wall.

Don't tell me he wanted to enlighten people through television? It would be like me trying to enlighten people through the internet or, in other words, trying to enlighten people by breaking their arms, putting a thick black plastic back over their heads and slowly tightening it. (slowly so they don't notice, otherwise they would escape and, having learned my method, steal my clients)

Knowledge is not crippling, it is ignorance that is crippling.

Edited by IntuitiveWanderer

The belief that is crippling for me is the belief that I am weak. In otherwords, fear. Fear is the most cripling belief, this is why it is so widely used.

If people would not fear to engage reality on their own, would not believe that they are too weak to understand, the con-artists, such as Krishnamurti was, would be unemployed.

Edit: Authentic Gurus and Sages are needed indeed, but in order to get to the point at which one can receive guidance, one must trust his ability of doubt and discernment, in other words, one must use critical thinking. Untill one is enlightened, there is darkness and the only source of light, is one's ability to reason, a candle, it is necesary in order to reach the temple.

• Like 1

I know I have many that I have to get rid of. One of them is the belief that my world view is more ethical than that of non spiritual people. Another one is that I always think about what opinion people have about me. It will have to go as well.

Recently I stumbled upon something similar, I discovered that I was afraid of who I really am. The discovery alone meant a huge energetical breakthrough.

• Like 1

I think Its not so much the beliefs , as the emotional association with the beliefs which most often lacks punch.

In other words, its one attitude that is critical.

Edited by Stosh
  • Like 3

I believe that one can choose one's beliefs. Why would you choose to believe something that you know is holding you back? That'd be silly. If you recognize that that belief is detrimental... just stop believing it. Simples.

I also don't know what's meant by "holding you back"... holding me back from what? Enlightenment?

• Like 1

I keep listening to my "rational mind" when it tells me yet again, and with increasing desperation, that this time it really has figured things out, if only I'll let it be in charge just one more time.

I listen less and less but it still tricks me into believing.

EDIT: It's my own personal silver-tongued devil:

Edited by Brian
  • Like 2

I believe that one can choose one's beliefs. Why would you choose to believe something that you know is holding you back? That'd be silly. If you recognize that that belief is detrimental... just stop believing it. Simples.

I also don't know what's meant by "holding you back"... holding me back from what? Enlightenment?

Exactly!

Change your mind , hear something new , ,, big deal , easy peasy , makes no effective change whatsoever.

But go about things with a fresh intended attitude , and the situation will flow differently if it can.

Ideas alone are ethereal , a man can think pretty much anything , but will that change what his life is like?

They bubble up from the subconscious and can be entertained or dismissed , wispy tendrils which dissipate even as they arrive.... attitude , is a more solid thing ,,

Now yes , Ideas do comprise attitude, but on the level of effectiveness, the plan has to be sustained, the better avenues must be sought ,, and so, attitude is where the fat hits the fire.

One can have a thousand ideas an hour-changing nothing , deleted the next moment by some shiny bauble , attitude extends , and makes broader associations taking on life its own..

screw ideas change attitudes that you hold and things WILL change.

So the idea that holds you back is the idea that it is an idea which is what holds you back :)

Edited by Stosh
  • Like 1

It's like a love relationship. Your beliefs like to be on top. You play submissive while they ride you. They fuck you over but you blind yourself because they promise you security. What are some beliefs you hold that hold you back? What makes it difficult to let go?

I don't believe in belief -

In the spiritual and cultivation arena, it's my opinion that all belief holds us back.

Belief is a creation of the conceptual mind.

In spirituality we are looking to embrace that which is beyond the conceptual mind.

• Like 1

One of the main restricting beliefs (which is being eroded more and more each year) is that awakening is only for rare individuals and great masters and not for an average guy like me. In reality awakening is for everyone right now, it is for the average Joe, it is only the belief that it is not that we are somehow inferior or unworthy of it which gets in the way, or that we have to earn it by earning enough brownie points like good boys and girls, or earn it through years of hard spiritual work.

• Like 2

See? ideas dissipate as soon as they arrive.

Not always ,most of the powerful beliefs are held in the unconscious as ultimate truths and thus stay as a force in peoples lives long after they have passed out of conscious awareness.

Personaly I see clearly that the belief in original sin is still deeply embedded in the psyche of most of the Christian based countries, even in people who have never read the bible or been to church, many beliefs are passed down through the generations unconsciously until someone digs them up and examines if they are true or not.

• Like 1

Not always ,most of the powerful beliefs are held in the unconscious as ultimate truths and thus stay as a force in peoples lives long after they have passed out of conscious awareness.

Personaly I see clearly that the belief in original sin is still deeply embedded in the psyche of most of the Christian based countries, even in people who have never read the bible or been to church, many beliefs are passed down through the generations unconsciously until someone digs them up and examines if they are true or not.

This is why it is not enough to talk about the Tao (which is not the real Tao). We must meditate and clear our minds of the clouds of ignorance so that the light of truth may shine upon....so to speak.

True morality comes about as a result of personal integrity which is itself resultant from reason coupled with emotions of love and joy.

The idea of original sin coupled with the threats of eternal agony can only result in sorrow and self-mortification. Only a Christian who is joyfuly ignorant of his own dogma can live a live devoid of misery and suffering without fear of divine punishment. If seen from the perspective of an absolutely devout Christian, who truly tries to mold his mind to the Bible and maintain it so, most Christians today would be thought of as damned to burn in the searing fires of Hell for Eternity.

"A hermit saw someone laughing, and said to him, 'We have to render an account of our whole life before heaven and earth, and you can laugh?'" - The Desert Fathers: Sayings of the Early Christian Monks

Well , Ill agree that there are beliefs that persist over time,, in a way, but , should you stub a toe , that original sin idea immediately goes out the window. Which isnt really much of a forceful existance.

Im talking about on a real moment to moment personal experience level. A friend says a harsh word , and all of a sudden.. punching them in the face seems logically justifiable...ones attitude though- may enable one to shrug it off.

Folks get up on a lofty plane- the clouds -and its easy with the great big brains we have ,being able to jump about and even invent stuff..like the original sin thing,

umm I was raised Catholic and IMO , the idea never made sense to me EVER, and I never thought about it , nor do I now other than being familiar with what is a rather stupid idea. So If someone was to generalize that I had this idea as a thing I hold close , or is somehow ingrained in my psyche, they would be incorrect. And since I and others HAVE examined this already , it should be clear that the world has not stopped considering the issue.

But IF

such an idea played a part in my general attitude,

then it may play a part in my life...

Should Brian lay open the bones of the universe for all to peruse, it would make not one whit of difference if it isn't incorporated into the flow of what we DO. Marblehead may set an example of civilized behavior while I am on here, but should I get into some other situation , thats Gone as gone could be, because it was just my response to the situation at hand, and the new situation may not look anything like this one here.

CT might explain how one can trancend reincarnation , but then person X gets a flat tire and then gets bent out of shape over having to change it. The cerebral ideas we entertain are diaphanous.

• Like 1

+1 Stosh.

It's easier to be 'spiritual' and in the zone when everything is secure and going well.

Things like flat tyres or floods , illness or upset can soon shake our spiritual foundations even if only during the time when things aren't going too well.

Edited by GrandmasterP
  • Like 5

+1 Stosh.

It's easier to be 'spiritual' and in the zone when everything is secure and going well.

Things like flat tyres or floods , illness or upset can soon shake our spiritual foundations even if only during the time when things aren't going too well.

Well, it is indeed easy to make fashion statements in such a case. But if you realize the Tao (the true one) then you know that there is no one to be ill or upset.

Of course, in our western fat fashion culture, such selflesness in accordance with the truth is seen as extreme.

Intelligent Design, a Supreme Creator who started the universe. How this fits around the Dao, meditation and qi practices, I've yet to figure out.

Intelligent Design, a Supreme Creator who started the universe. How this fits around the Dao, meditation and qi practices, I've yet to figure out.

A supreme creator, as in, one among many?

If the hypothesis of evolution would not have been so wrong, then I would have personally believed in it. I mean, the Cambrian explosion is a mystery, there are far too few intermediate fossils, the massive increase of informational patterns remains unexplained, then you have the systematic holism of it all....it's quite interesting.

Although I wouldn't go with the idea that Allah or Yahweh designed it because that would not be correct, I would go with the idea of intelligent manifestation, as in not-random manifestation.

Edit: Why would there be randomness anyway. Everything is patterns, patterns have structure.

"The Prajâpati, having in the beginning created mankind together with Yajna, said,—"By this shall ye multiply: this shall be the milch cow of your desires." - The Bhavagadgita

See? Everyone agrees.

One sound, many frequencies.

Never heard of that Tesla guy though...

• Like 1

The work of Stephen C Meyer is fascinating in the world of I.D.

After many hours watching very informative videos, reading lots of scientific journals etc etc, I've come to the conclusion that there is one Supreme Creator/Designer. That Creator lies outside the laws of physics, space and time because the Creator created all that is. Both the seen and the unseen.

Whether that Creator is named Allah, Yahweh, Jehovah, God, Dao or whatever is irrelevant.

Chance has no place in the structured order and extreme fine tuning of the Universe.

The work of Stephen C Meyer is fascinating in the world of I.D.

After many hours watching very informative videos, reading lots of scientific journals etc etc, I've come to the conclusion that there is one Supreme Creator/Designer. That Creator lies outside the laws of physics, space and time because the Creator created all that is. Both the seen and the unseen.

Whether that Creator is named Allah, Yahweh, Jehovah, God, Dao or whatever is irrelevant.

Chance has no place in the structured order and extreme fine tuning of the Universe.

In order for there to be a creator there must be a creation which is separate, if there is a creation then the creator is not absolute. Therefore It is not "a creator".

It is Creativity it self.(the real one)

But yeah, it's great info. I also like Stephen C. Meyer's findings, it's unbelievable that the mainstream ignores him, considering his credentials.

Sign in to follow this