Adia

Problems with practicing alone

I'm having problems with things and I need some input. Lately I have been going to sleep and I feel that my health is being drained. I am told that I have mental health problems but I shaved my head and my attachment to my past is decreased and don't have to take my medication. I try meditation and I'm somewhat good at it. It is as if my spirit is taken from me but can't really leave. I just collect it after I wake up. I have to be strong in my life and I am starting to be wary of my parents. It is getting harder to do things. My spirit is out and about. Lately I heard my spirit say I was a slave to my dad. I'm thinking spirit possession of my parents or something. Sometimes I feel possessed too. Any solutions to my problem? I try talking to gods and such. I'm always pushing the envelope as they say. The problem is I can't trust anyone things are dark. I sat next to a young woman yesterday and had to reclaim my mind essence soul what have you. It seems delusional but it really hurts. Things are starting to seem surreal. The professionals would say this is mental illness, but this has something to do with the delusion of others. It is if I am on their roller coaster ride and I'm just along for the ride. How do I stop the influence of others and some sort of spirit magic. It might be tantric in origin. It as if my life has been influence by certain people to lead down a dark path and I said no and a great battle has ensued. That's how I feel.

Amitabha

It definitely can seem like other people are delusional, and that there is some black magick happening to you, when you're open like this. That's because there is some truth to those things...but not as much truth as you think. Yes, people are delusional in general about various things. Yes, the world is made up of magick and not all of it is good...and the way normal people act can basically be influenced by that, or they can create it. For instance, if you are all of a sudden in a bad mood for no reason, which can be a common experience in life...well, there is a reason. Maybe it's not that someone sent a curse intentionally, but there was something in the air. The world is not completely material and sensible as people pretend it is.

Basically what I'm trying to say is...you are just noticing things about the world which aren't right, because the world isn't perfect. But I suggest that you don't take these ideas too far, and think that delusional people are sending tantric black magick your way or something. I'm sure most people that you know are just trying to get by in their lives. And I'm sure that your parents wish the best for you, although they aren't perfect.

The fact that you are feeling potentially possessed, that your spirit is up and about, that things seem surreal...of course this means that all is not right with your own mind. Calling it mental illness has a stigma, and I know from experience it's not easy to call it that. But it's important to recognize when your beliefs about various things are getting out of hand, and when you need to let go of the mind and let go of fantastic experiences (like story lines about black magick affecting you) in order to rest and heal.

To get your spirit back in your body, it's important to walk every day (but not to excess) and to go to sleep by 10pm. These things heal the Liver, and the spirit seeming to be up and out of the body is the ethereal soul not being rooted into the body by the blood...so walking and sleeping early helps with that.

I suggest that you try your best to remember that these erratic storylines are not worth exploring. What's better, and truly more advanced spiritually, is to chill out in the present moment, in the physical world. Then your mind will calm. It's best to let go of all thoughts and just notice details about your surroundings, and to just relax by watching comedies for instance, and losing yourself in the story and in the light hearted humor. Don't read into things, like you're tending to do...take everything at face value.

These things helped me get over this condition. Best of luck.

Edited by Aetherous
  • Like 3

Hi Adia,

May I offer some advice?

I would suggest that you, if you are working, make time for yourself before, when at break at work, and after work to make time and simply watch your mind without following it!

You don't have to follow every thought you have!

Just observe your thoughts and emotions and let them release themselves.

I mean release any negativity.

Insofar as your spirit is concerned, we are all spirits having a bodily experience! No fear.

Any questions please DO NOT HESITATE to post here openly if you want or to post privately to me....I'll be happy to assist.

In the meantime.......Relax and stop worrying because your worry will do nothing for you or anyone else.

Be well! :)

Stefos

I'm having problems with things and I need some input. Lately I have been going to sleep and I feel that my health is being drained. I am told that I have mental health problems but I shaved my head and my attachment to my past is decreased and don't have to take my medication. I try meditation and I'm somewhat good at it. It is as if my spirit is taken from me but can't really leave. I just collect it after I wake up. I have to be strong in my life and I am starting to be wary of my parents. It is getting harder to do things. My spirit is out and about. Lately I heard my spirit say I was a slave to my dad. I'm thinking spirit possession of my parents or something. Sometimes I feel possessed too. Any solutions to my problem? I try talking to gods and such. I'm always pushing the envelope as they say. The problem is I can't trust anyone things are dark. I sat next to a young woman yesterday and had to reclaim my mind essence soul what have you. It seems delusional but it really hurts. Things are starting to seem surreal. The professionals would say this is mental illness, but this has something to do with the delusion of others. It is if I am on their roller coaster ride and I'm just along for the ride. How do I stop the influence of others and some sort of spirit magic. It might be tantric in origin. It as if my life has been influence by certain people to lead down a dark path and I said no and a great battle has ensued. That's how I feel.

Amitabha

Hi Adia,

If you read my posts here you will come to know that i am somewhat familiar with buddhism.

In the SUPREME PATH OF BUDDHISM we keep our spirit close, whenever we meditate.

We meditate paying attention to ourselves never letting our thoughts STEAL our SPIRIT and LEAD us into domains unknown.

This is the way we control our spirit from wondering wildly into UNKNOWN TERRITORIES.

KEEP your SPIRIT CLOSE

I Feel better in some ways. I'm a very sensetive person.

To answer the last question. I live in Metropolis, illinois. USA.

I realize that "mental illness" is a term used to describe a problem no one can fix. Only the individual can.

I am finding new confidence due to your support.

I feel like an island in the ocean sometimes. But the island is never alone it always has the sea.

I do feel that the taboos of tantric magic are involved. I have experience in such matters.

It involves taboo women.

I have reacted too drasticly in dealing with this due to the fact I feel unable to get away and worry about heath concerns when I should be facing these problems. Amitabha shows me the path of kindness in myself and the knowledge and healing I need. Paducah seems far from the truth I know and love. Filled with taboo and trouble. People talk about Satan openly and do not believe in absolute evil.

I believe that taboos govern my situation and denial of taboos will help me heal. Faith in the indescribable truth.

Adia

I Feel better in some ways. I'm a very sensetive person.

To answer the last question. I live in Metropolis, illinois. USA.

I realize that "mental illness" is a term used to describe a problem no one can fix. Only the individual can.

I am finding new confidence due to your support.

I feel like an island in the ocean sometimes. But the island is never alone it always has the sea.

I do feel that the taboos of tantric magic are involved. I have experience in such matters.

It involves taboo women.

I have reacted too drasticly in dealing with this due to the fact I feel unable to get away and worry about heath concerns when I should be facing these problems. Amitabha shows me the path of kindness in myself and the knowledge and healing I need. Paducah seems far from the truth I know and love. Filled with taboo and trouble. People talk about Satan openly and do not believe in absolute evil.

I believe that taboos govern my situation and denial of taboos will help me heal. Faith in the indescribable truth.

Adia

Hello,

Mental illness runs in my family so I understand your plight sir/miss/ma'am.

I'm sorry to hear that HOWEVER:

The good news is that you don't need to be "driven" shall we say by your mind.

No...There is a higher way: To be led by the Spirit!

Which Spirit? The Spirit of Jesus the Christ

You see, the mind is the mind......But that which is "behind" the mind is it's essence.

This essence was given by God. I'm not speaking about the "blank state" of mind.

No, I refer to your spirit.....It's this that has access to God.

Seek God by talking with God in a real way.

Jesus said "I will by no means cast you out" and as the Prophet Isaiah said "A bruised reed he will not break and a smouldering wick, he will not put out."

The demonic is very real....Only a fool would deny it hence possesion and things of this ilk.

Demonic oppression & possession can cause mental illness actually.

I'm not saying that this is the case for you.

I myself have been through demonic oppression...I speak from direct contact, not theory.

You see, the religion of Christianity is bent....The person of Jesus the Christ is not.

Be well and I'll be in prayer for you,

Stefos

"In your light, we see light"

Recognize you always had perfect mindfulness, as nobody else could be thinking your thoughts for you.

Once you recognize mindfulness was always and exclusively in your domain (as it would be impossible not to have been), choose to cease fear-based thoughts.

It seems impossibly hard until the moment you realize the alternative is simply choosing to live in always self-imposed cruelty.

Being in the moment helps in many ways. Your thoughts lead your mind. Was Ill with the flu yesterday. Making a quick recovery. Still troubled by certain people. Need time to my self. Smoking is a get concern of mine. Need to stop it is hard to understand that my intuition is true and yet live calmly. At times all I have is my intuition and denial of delusion. Smoking seems to be an emotional situation about love and my life.

Peace be with you

Adia

Amitabha

Look at who is dreaming and why.
  • Like 1

Having a daily practice is one of your best tools available.

Meditate daily, find your inner silence. Bring that into your everyday life.

Nothing but love awaits.

Update: Went to my cabin up in the hills for about a week. Cold nights, no electricity and a wood stove. I faced my self and realized how much of my problems were caused by my past opinions and not the people involved. I've realized how my addiction to cigarettes enraged the situation and now I plan to go cold turkey. Experience a lot of healing and feel better...sort of...best wishes

Adia

• Like 3

Delusions of this world wear down the practice. Keeping to ones self is not really an option. You have to emerse your self in the life of others to be brave and strong in the dharma. If I am to exist here this is what I have to do. As for magic as the cause of my problem. It seems to be more than superstition. There is more to life than just this realm that is the earth. This gives me hope that life is not sinister and there is more to this than meets the eye. Hope is a great tool in life. Not hope in the past, future or the present, but the hope in the moment. That life is truly like the freedom one can possibly ever have in the moment. That healing and health are ours for being. That compassion felt in the moment is true for all time and that even after suffering it is true. Death is but an illusion caused by suffering and that after death compassion lives on.

Amitabha

This thread is more than a month old. I am not sure what you state is now, but here are some tools to use :

1. Everyone knows that body and mind are connected. But, we grossly underestimate the influence of one on the other. So, step #1 is purification - that is .... detox of body, in order to purify the mind from ground up. Read up on detox on internet, and start a detox program that lasts atleast 7 days - juice fast OR fruits/veg only diet OR detox kits would help. Toxins in body build up through years of normal operation (just like a car engine that gets oil leaks into the engine, over age) - or toxins could result from bad diet or habits. Toxin build up is the main cause of physical or mental discomfort. Toxins could also come from prescription medications - read ( using the internet) all warnings and side effects for each medicine you are taking. There will be strong reaction to the detox program, like head aches and such. Read about detox side effect, and u can take care of it too, using the omni potent internet :D
  2. Next step is to stimulate the body into well being - like someone suggested earlier, go out in the sun (or snow) for a good walk. If you work, this can be done during lunch and in evening/night. Adjust exercise based on age/ability. Do as much as you can, so that you get tired and sleep well for 8 to 10 hrs a day.
  3. Take very hot showers every morning and night. This stimulates blood circulation inside as well as in the capillary tubes that run just below the skin. Toxins are eliminated when blood circulation in body is increased. Hot water on the head at night, will also initiate good rest at night. Sound sleep is critical part of recovery, since both body and mind need it to function well. This is the reason why most of the mental prescription meds simply put you to deep sleep.
  4. During the 7 day detox program, initiate purification of the mind simultaneously. To do this, spend as many hours as possible in reading words of a spiritual leader - take your pick based on your belief - Jesus, Buddha or Mohammed. Then, upon waking up & before sleep, do meditation or prayer (based on your beliefs). The goal is to totally focus on your prayer/meditation and nothing else for 15 to 60 mins each time (depending on time availability). More the better. Ask for protection, ask for forgiveness and give forgiveness to those who hurt you. Finish the prayer/meditation with Love/Compassion to all those you will encounter in your life, friend or enemy.
  5. Remove Unwholesome actions/thoughts : This means going cold turkey on all intoxicants, sex, lying and such. Once this is done, you are walking the path of purity. Evil will not touch purity. Have faith.

Spiritual leaders (like Buddha, Jesus) cured clinically insane people with simple instructions. So, you will feel great after sometime, if you follow all their instructions, to the letter. Modern medicine knows nothing about the depths of the mind.

Metta to you - S.

Modern lifestyle seems to lead to impurity. In a pure state all things are impure. One can purify oneself into a corner and starve to death. Acceptance and trying to be pure, sincerity is the best idea. As for intoxicants smoking cigarettes is my choice and acceptance seems the best way to quit. I overall think those kits and natural detox kits can't compare to pure water. Water pure and simple bathing and drinking water is the best system. Smoking is a problem when past trauma seems to come to life and I start again. Compassion to all things is who we are. Even impurities in us. Which is who we are. Take care.

Adia

I've been working on my problems. I've discoved that it is due to hyptnotism done at childhood. It was done for bed wetting and an agreement was done with respect to honour and if I'm not perfect I'm not honourable. This is driving my life out of control. How do I get rid of this. I need help.

Adia

This person needs professional help, I am not being callus in suggesting this, many people have this problem within my family and friends. They have an imbalance. Sometimes they need only minimal help, some need more. Denying this is enabling mental instability. Enabling ensures this mental difference in balance will hurt this person and the people this person comes in contact with. It is unfortunate but true that we actually do need to be socially responsible and socially acceptable for harmony as a group of humans within our culture.

Other cultures have different views and levels of acceptable behavior for mentally different people. Either live with this culture in harmony ie. get help or move to a different culture. You asked for folks opinions, this is mine.