Sign in to follow this  
Adam West

A Long Time Fan.

Hi guys,

I just wanted to say hi and introduce myself. I have been a long time fan of the TaoBums and the internal arts for many years. However, I haven't really started to get into Taoism and the Chinese internal arts until recently, having spent many years in various kundalini yoga traditions of India and sitting meditations of Dzogchen and Zen etc. So, to that end, I have fervourently been carrying out research on the Taoists take on the internal arts and taking a very close look at the discussions here at TaoBums; which I have found very enlightening and entertaining, while also quite sobering at times. :-)

I bought Max's book, and am very interested in that. I am also very interested in David Shen's stuff, but the price is way out of my league at the moment. Perhaps I will take a look at it in a couple of years. However, I have reservations and I think it's interesting two other students of his, of late, have gone through the initial training and seem not to be terribly enthusiastic about it any longer - seems to be revealing, as do other factors. The truth will all come out of the hype sooner or later, so in a couple of years, when the fire sale dies down, we should be able to see more clearly through all the smoke and mirrors. :-) I've seen the same kind of fervour, tall tales and secrecy in the kundalini yoga communities with Kriya yoga - it all makes its way into public scrutiny eventually - balance is the nature of things. ;-)

In kind regards,

Adam.

I am also very interested in David Shen's stuff, but the price is way out of my league at the moment. Perhaps I will take a look at it in a couple of years. However, I have reservations and I think it's interesting two other students of his, of late, have gone through the initial training and seem not to be terribly enthusiastic about it any longer - seems to be revealing, as do other factors.

hey, i'm interested in shen's stuff as well- who dropped out of the training and what reasons did they give?

what other factors do you speak of?

thx

Edited by dunbar

Sign in to follow this