Sign in to follow this  
DreamBliss

Please Help Me Figure This Manifestation Thing Out!

I am reading Abraham's, "Ask and It Is Given." This is typical Hay House Manifestation teachings. But there is something else here. The book is doing something, changing something, in my mind. In terms of duality this change is good or positive. It has had an overall positive effect on me and my life. I do not think I have ever encountered this effect in writing before, with the possible exception of Rumi. It is very strange and completely new to me.

But I find myself questioning the teachings. Because I used this sort of teaching once, a few years back, in an attempt to manifest the absolute best place for my parents and I to stay, to have a good Christmas, in preparation for visiting my brother. We had a huge fight a previous year and I did not want to go. But my parents offered to pay for a hotel so I thought I would give it a try.

Long story short everything worked out, but nothing was as good as I wanted. For example, we stayed in a Super8 as I recall, not a nice place where my parents and I each had our own rooms. The main thing was that I did get along with my brother. But I was unable to manifest any of the niceties to make the whole experience better. Also it was exhausting! I had to constantly fight and struggle to keep positive thoughts about what I wanted in my mind, and it was an effort to keep forcing myself to have positive feelings.

That tells me that this is not right. Go ahead, using your physical body act as if you rally wanted something, were really trying to manifest something. It's like straining to go to the bathroom. Your body tenses up. That is the opposite, to my mind, of allowing, openness and receptivity.

Now look outside, go to a park or a forest. Look at a tree. Is the tree straining to get sunlight? Is it tense? No, it is the epitome of allowing, openness and receptivity. It isn't asking for sunlight. It isn't straining towards it. It is just open, sending out branches and leaves to claim what it needs. The tree teaches us how to approach Source, or whatever we call that energy or entity, for something we need or want.

Here is where I need your help. There is truth in the teachings of Abraham, and truth in the teachings of the tree. How do we find the path using these two truths? What is the proper way to manifest something you want in your life?

Abraham speaks of vibration. That implies something strikes you and you vibrate. So to use an example from the book, you have an old car that needs to be replaced, you are struck, vibrating old car the needs to be replaced. You think of a new car, how nice that would be, you are struck, vibrating new car and how nice that would be. But you are still, in this present moment, driving the old car. Perhaps it doesn't start or leaves you stranded on the side of the road. It is awfully hard to think new car and how nice it would be while dealing with old car that needs to be replaced!

Somehow there has to be a way to effortlessly be vibrating the things we need and want in our lives, not the lack thereof. Because I do agree with Abraham that our natural state is abundance. Tree teaches us this. Our society tries to tell us otherwise. Our religions teach us that we can not be wealthy and spiritual. I think that is a big stinking pile of bullshit. I truly believe, at least in this moment, that life is meant to be enjoyed and lived.

I am dubious about any teaching that, for whatever reason, tells us to suffer while we are here, or the need for suffering, or anything like that. I think Ryokan was a fool for living as he did with only a tattered robe, a walking staff and his begging bowl. I think humanity has it ingrained in them that they must come groveling for the things the need or want. That humanity has always collectively believed in ideas like earning and deserving. Humanity has always taught the members of its societies that life is something to be endured, that suffering is necessary, and all the rest of that sort of garbage. Few have stepped up and questioned this. You can count me among those few.

I think, that if who we truly are, beyond our egos, our "I's", is the same energy or force in everything and everyone else, we have a right to claim whatever it is we need or want, because we already are that! We have a right to live prosperously as well as spiritually. We should not be cut off from any good thing. Tree does not ask for sunlight, or water. But tree's requests are simpler than man's.

Still the principle is the same. If all that is physical comes from an energetic Source, that there truly is enough for everyone to live exactly the way they want, as long as we figure out how to teach everyone to manifest the things they need or want! Otherwise only the few who know how to to draw from the energetic to the physical that which the need or want will get that which they need or want.

So there is a two-fold process here. Figuring out how to manifest that which you need or want for yourself, and then teaching others how to do the same. While physical resources are limited, energetic resources ate unlimited. Physically it may not seem there is enough to go around. Our society loves to perpetuate this half-truth. Yes, there is not enough physically. But more can be manifested into the physical from the energetic.

What I am asking for help here is figuring this damn thing out! I would like some different viewpoints on this subject. Your experiences, feelings and thoughts. Maybe with enough pieces we can put this puzzle together. Because manifesting all the good things we need or want in our lives should be as effortless as a tree receiving the sunlight it needs to grow. We just have to figure out how to place ourselves in relation to Source, like a tree. The physical aspect of this is very easy. Stand relaxed, lift your arms up and out. Now how to we do this at a feeling and mental level? How do we live in a present moment with broken down old car that needs to be replaced yet still have this openness inside for new car and how nice it is?

I want a minimum one week stay in a luxury hotel, as detailed or better than detailed in my writing for this. I want a beautiful, naturally born female to exchange an increasingly rare gift with. I want money to flow to me easily. I believe and feel I have a right to these things, and I claim them, just the same as the tree claims sunlight and water.

I am open to earning and working. But if there is no fulfilling and meaningful work for me to earn with, that does not mean I should not receive money. It is a fallacy of society to think, "You don't work, you don't eat." I say fuck that! If I want to be lazy and have things served to me on a silver platter, that is my right, and you can't prove 100% that this is not the way things work. You are just regurgitating what your parents, religion and society have spewed onto you.

I refuse to invest my energy into those belief systems anymore. I think anyone getting everything they wanted served to them on a silver platter would eventually, of their own accord, get restless and seek some sort of work that appeals to them. That having their needs and wants met in this way would empower them, not disempower them. I honestly do not feel that people are naturally lazy. I think they just don't want to do the crappy work offered to them by society, but offer them work that is fulfilling and meaningful to them and they will jump right in!

Edited by DreamBliss
  • Like 1

There isn't anything to figure out - manifestation is new-age bullshit. If you have to play mind games to get something to 'work', it doesn't actually work. It just seems to because of confirmation bias and such. Maybe manifestation does work for advanced cultivators, and they would laugh at the idea of someone 'trying' to 'figure it out'.

Cultivate, and maybe you'll find yourself developing abilities or something. But you'll definitely be able to flow through life with a lot less tension, and understand things more clearly.

Let yourself and the way you live change harmoniously through cultivation, don't suppress negative thoughts or any of that forceful nonsense! Do some relaxed meditation/qigong/whatever and see what happens. Enjoy it.

You say you don't want to invest in [restrictive] belief systems, but what you're doing is throwing yourself into other [permissive?] belief systems with just as much faith and stress.

Maybe what you need to do is go somewhere on your own and blaspheme and denounce god and holiness and spirituality and morality and virtue and compassion, absolutely everything you can think of, until you've got your rage and confusion at Christianity all worked out. Hell, do a black mass or something if you want to. Psychodrama. Let it all go.

Otherwise, you will always be running in the opposite direction from it, which is a different way of being trapped by it. I feel you're not really doing what's right for you, you're just trying to push yourself away from what's wrong for you. And that is not the same thing.

Yeah, so I say do some psychodrama, and then come back to society and do your cultivation.

I sincerely hope you find the clarity you're seeking. :D

• Like 1

Hello DreamBliss,

It appears to me that you are very agitated about something; though I can not quite place my finger upon what that might be, It appears to me that there is another underlying current under this post, as if you are justifying something a deed perhaps. Just a feeling, no malice intended.

... I think, that if who we truly are, beyond our egos, our "I's", is the same energy or force in everything and everyone else, we have a right to claim whatever it is we need or want, because we already are that! We have a right to live prosperously as well as spiritually. We should not be cut off from any good thing. Tree does not ask for sunlight, or water. But tree's requests are simpler than man's.

The energy or force beneath ego has shape which is more often than not tied up in knots (gandanta) I'ness has many facets, it is this which hides the knots and consequently our true selves from our selves; it is only when the ego is subdued that the real work begins, thus it is not the goal but the path. Diminishing attachment to objects might help as a vehicle, but is not obligatory.

If you love a sport fine, but don't let it ruin your life, or worse, the life of those aground you; because your favourite team lost, don't be so attached. That does not mean don't follow the sport.

I hope this helps in some way.

Edited by iain

If a particular path/method doesn't work very well for you, try another. Even the most legit paths, aren't the right one for all people, and work better for some than others.

Manifestation newage bullshit? Wha?! I think you might mean visualization....

• Like 2

Vibrate the state you want - let go of objects.

Here's my story:

I moved to Portland, Oregon in 2012 and decided firmly that I would do absolutely nothing in regards to receiving what I need. I kept this state of being up for 10 months and automatically received everything I needed, often in extraordinary ways. You cannot predict what the Universe will give you. Your manifestation will look nothing like billionaire Joe Bob Shmo, or Esther Hicks, or anyone else's manifestation. Your wanting particulars and rejecting universals binds you to cause-effect thinking. The Law of Attraction is not a cause-effect effort.

I not only ran out of money, I encouraged my money to run out by spending a large portion of it on a cello (I wanted to learn to play). I did not work, I did not sell anything or scheme for money. I needed a new living arrangement and a woman showed up on my porch, sat down next to me, started talking to me, we became fast friends, and she told me she needed a new roommate in her community household. When I ran out of money I got a phone call from my father asking me if I'd like to go to Iran, as my grandmother had just died. I said yes, and was taken care of through that trip, and met some of the most incredible people I've ever met. I learned about Sufism, deep dreamwork, how Sufis communicate with God in a manner no Westerner I'd ever met was capable of, and energy.

At the end of my stay in Iran (it was my first time there, and is my country of hereditary origin), I realized that I had not had a chance to properly say goodbye to everyone I had met. I decided not to get ready to leave, despite my flight leaving in three days. I did nothing, and when questioned, I told people the Universe would take care of everything for me. The day before my flight, Lufthansa, the German airline I was taking out of Iran, went on strike. I was called and notified that I could reschedule my flight for anytime in the next three months. I chose 11 days, as I like the number 11, and left merrily.

Friend, in order to manifest you must let go completely. Then you recognize that the manifestation is always happening. Your interference in the process comes from the conditioned belief in cause-effect systems. Effectively, the thinking on this planet is that each individual is stationed behind a steering wheel and is guiding their unique, individual, personal, private life through this complicated terrain of society/earth. Look at our actual experience on this planet, DB... where is the steering wheel? What power do you have over the whole? None. There is no control center in all of the grand earth and beyond. Every point is the center. There is no joystick, no controller, no magic object or thought-structure that will give you any power to influence anything. If you see the whole this will be terribly obvious to you. If you divide the whole into units of time... if you divide the whole into units of desire and utility, you will keep encountering obstacles. Be THAT which has no obstacles in its path and you will be delightfully surprised... over and over and over and over and over again.

Edited by Yasjua
  • Like 7

The mind as you speak of it is a mind bound to externals, to objects, to particulars. Unbind the mind. Concern yourself with what is truly yours: that light, that bliss, that vibration of pure existence. The only thing I aim to manifest anymore is total illumination. I do this by expecting it, aligning myself with that expectation (meaning, I KNOW it's coming), and I receive it. I do not worry when it will come or how or whether I will be a guru or have any power or influence. I simply vibrate that highest state and receive it spontaneously. I also forget and I dream and I worry like anyone else.

This is also important, Dream: I never have more than I need. The Universe is not wasteful like that. It does not allocate millions of dollars to me, or thousands of apples, or new cars, because all of those are wasteful. I have what I need and nothing more. The exchange is always going on. Some of what is expounded in the teachings I have read plays on a major character flaw of the ego: greed. Some of the best animes I've ever seen use sex appeal to draw an audience in. Commercials do the same. That doesn't mean the product is not valuable, it means it's being marketed at you effectively. It's good because it has drawn you to a truth of our world. It's bad because you think you need things you don't.

The deeper your meditation, the deeper your detachment, the higher your wisdom, and the greater your knowledge about the charade of control and oppression in this world, the more you can laugh whole heartedly at all apparent opposition to you. When I receive bills in the mail, I laugh, I feel blissful... because I see where the money is going, how I was apparently "indebted" during my time of sleep, and I see what it's funding (war, etc.), and I do nothing about it. All is taken care of ultimately - your case will be totally different than mine, but the source is the same if you trust it. I experience myself floating in outer space, manifested as outer space, experiencing outer space, through a peephole in outerspace, and nothing "stressful" that happens in consciousness is even remotely important - or rather, it doesn't merit worry. Such is my faith. All is well.

Edited by Yasjua
  • Like 1

While i disagree with you on various points Yasjua......mainly being that you have no power over your life. Thanks for sharing.

As someone whom does a bit of divination (in an amateur capacity)I can say from experience that I've been in situations where things were suppose to happen and didn't as a result of personal effort of the individual. Life and how we experience it is a great deal more malleable than most people think....IMO. Do we have NO control.....do we wave ALL control.....I think its somewhere in the middle. :)

Edited by OldChi
  • Like 3

Thank you for your replies.

I am not, to my knowledge, trying to justify anything.

I am also not attached to any of my beliefs or thoughts about any of this. I can not honestly say I am 100% perfectly unattached, only that I am practicing non-attachment. Just part of my spiritual practices.

What that means is that if the manifestation teachings are wrong, I will throw them out. But I feel, I sense, somewhere inside, that there is truth here. There may be new age bullshit to wade through, but there are golden nuggets of truth as well. Outside of my feelings I know there is something here because if Abraham's words were completely false, they would have no power, and would not affect me in any way. They wouldn't be charged up like they are. It seems to me that something dead, i.e. false, has no such power.

All I am trying to do here is what Abraham, Tolle and about every other spiritual teacher instructs, that is to become one with Being (Tolle) or Source (My adoption, Hay House.) The closer I am to Being, to who I truly am, to that energy or entity inside, the closer I am to the things I need or want to manifest. Tree has it easy, because it is a tree, it is already as close to its true nature, in physical form, as it can be. This is another lesson tree teaches us.

I feel like I am so close here to figuring out how to be, in what state to be, that allows the things I need or want to flow right into my life. I truly feel that we all have a right to enjoy our lives, to live them fully, to experience all good things. That pain and suffering come from belief in them more than attachment. That we are in the circumstances we are in now because of where we have invested our belief energy.

Somehow inside me somewhere I set up circuits, due to my family, how I was raised, my religion, that bypass the Source. The original connection to Source is still there, just bypassed. I am unable to tap into that until I get inside there and so some re-wiring or something. I am just lost as to how to do that. It ha something to do with how I try to manifest things in my life. I adopted this way of being wired since I was a child, and now I wish to change that. I feel that it is a returning to some default, natural state we were in when we were born. Just can't put my finger on it.

That's all this thread is about. How to go beyond and outside of what religion and society say, to look at this differently, see if we can figure this thing out. If we can't, so be it. But maybe someone will say something, and that will be the key, taken with what I have already learned, to unlocking this. It should be laughably easy, simple. It should not be a process.

Edited by DreamBliss
  • Like 1

While i disagree with you on various points Yasjua......mainly being that you have no power over your life. Thanks for sharing.

As someone whom does a bit of divination (in an amateur capacity)I can say from experience that I've been in situations where things were suppose to happen and didn't as a result of personal effort of the individual. Life and how we experience it is a great deal more malleable than most people think....IMO. Do we have NO control.....do we wave ALL control.....I think its somewhere in the middle. :)

I am malleable in my views when it comes to meeting and relating to other persons and their thinking. My consciousness, apparently separate and autonomous, is not myself, so I don't identify with it. When it encounters another consciousness, we meet as friends, brothers, sisters. It is a deep relationship that I cannot explain. What you experience, I also experience. What you say is true, is true also for me, for I see the truth in you and respect it with my absolute and total being. I know that nothing in my own consciousness is absolute, so I am without attachment to it. Without attachment does not mean I am ambiguous or uncertain about anything in my mind, only that I am not some particular thing that is opposable by another.

I know nothing of the lives of others, only that in my own life the single most enduring commandment has been to do nothing. Nobody I have ever said this to understands, as I still go about my daily activities - walking, talking, negotiating, learning, researching, making appointments, attending to relationships on a deeply personal level, etc. But in regards to the real, I am utterly passive, and this is the way I experience existence and all interactions with other beings as blessings. In my view, I appear to do things, but the reality is that my hands have been stripped off of the steering wheel for quite some time now.

When people speak of "wanting a particular kind of life" or "achieving such and such state," these are the existential desires that can be answered through surrender. The conditioned, wanting, conceptual mind cannot comprehend the order or organization of the events that will answer to these needs. The Universe is its own purpose and fulfillment. Reality is not a simulation or computer program or video game or machine. You can't push a button and make the Universe do as you please (although you actually can, but that presupposes a tremendous connection on an energetic and mental level to the whole). This again gets at the non-linear non-causal state of affairs. Regarding cause-effect, I am not sure. I never experienced one thing leading to another. I see thousands (infinite thousands) of factors contributing at all times to all events. Perhaps in this manner the OP can access more of the personal abundance he/she is seeking.

I have met only one person who has comprehended this. The single most common complaint I hear from young people is "I don't know what I'm doing with my life." There is a profundity to this confusion.

Edited by Yasjua
  • Like 1

Yasjua

I have done something like this. I call it going with the flow. I was practicing this as well when I was trying so hard to manifest the absolute best Christmas for myself and my family, as detailed in my example. It is easy, very easy, to forget sometimes. To ask or claim then let it go. Let it flow. I need to figure out where this aspect of the process comes in.

I have no experience with which to say this, but I don't feel we are not in control, or should not be in control. That said we should not seek control, be attached to controlling anything. But we have some control, some power, to choose our path, the life we want to live. Our choices may not be what is best for us, but the point is that it is our choice.

Those who teach reincarnation say that we came into this life to do something or learn something. That is why we are here. if this is true, then we designed our initial life circumstances and set the vehicle on motion in the first place. Heck we even chose the car to drive in!

There is merit to letting go, there is nothing wrong with taking control. We can have the universe provide for us exactly what we we ask for or claim, or we can let the universe provide for us just what we need. In that case we make our claim or request then let it go and let it flow. Maybe we are supposed to do a little of both. Take control a little, and give control over a little. Walk some sort of balance here.

But yeah, I think you have just presented us with another piece. Thank you!

Edited by DreamBliss
  • Like 1

DreamBliss,

I am only bring this up as you have requested help in you OP, my intention is your awareness, nothing more or less; My aim is not to cause your offence.

... I have done something like this. I call it going with the flow. I was practicing this as well when I was trying so hard to manifest the absolute best Christmas for myself and my family, as detailed in my example. It is easy, very easy, to forget sometimes. To ask or claim then let it go. Let it flow. I need to figure out where this aspect of the process comes in.

Just an observation; I notice that you have put your self before your family, purely grammatically speaking; this is considered bad form by some. Perhaps this form is not rooted in a rule, but something a little deeper?

I have done something like this. I call it going with the flow. I was practicing this as well when I was trying so hard to manifest the absolute best Christmas for myself and my family, as detailed in my example. It is easy, very easy, to forget sometimes. To ask or claim then let it go. Let it flow. I need to figure out where this aspect of the process comes in.

Pain is born in expectation and it's underlying desire, it really is as simple as that.

Control is an illusion, why wast time even considering it, more often than not the desire for control is a subconscious manifestation of fear. How so?

I like to use the analogy of a sailing ship here, some prefer that of a chariot and horses; You are navigating in a ship but are not controlling it, the environment is doing more than you to effect your direction if you don't learn that the environment will beat you. So how to get where you want to be? You must first relax and learn to navigate, know the tidal currents, then to predict the weather and then finally the stars.

If you do head straight for a great Christmas; but that Christmas happens to be up wind, well you will never get their by pointing straight at it.

The Occidental spiritual message is very confused to date, a lot of crap, vibrational wishing or preying will work for some people but will not work for all; that depends upon where you are sailing from.

Regards.

Edited by iain

I have to choose to take offense, and I have made no such choice. I welcome your feedback.

You may have me on the whole my parents and I VS I and my parents thing. Never really thought about it. I guess an outside observer would have to watch me, see what the truth is. I always thought I did right by my parents, took good care of everyone. But I have felt the need to put myself first more than I used to.

I can't have the things my parents or my grandmother want me to do get in the way of my spiritual practice or my writing. I also feel I am at a sort of contest of wills here, as they are all Christians, and I am not. They all want to "save" me and I am trying to have the mindset that I am not a sinner, not imperfect, and I certainly don't need saving.

Of course there's also the mental tension between the way they think, and have taught me to think, and the new way I am choosing to think. I do my best not to force the way I am choosing to be on others, but at the same time they, consciously or not, are trying to force the way they choose to live, as well as the way they want me to live, on me, so it's a never ending round of tug-o-war.

I like your sailing ship analogy. That may be yet another piece. Thank you.

Here is what I have so far...

You make a request and take some sort of action towards it. You can ask or claim it. If you ask there are implications by what asking implies - how we all view it. There is this idea of groveling, the question of whether or not we deserve it, the question of whether or not it is God's (or the Universe's) will. If you can ask without these subtle currents in your asking go for it. If not you probably should claim whatever it is you need or want.

How you take action and proceed next should be flowing. There should be no force. You should not be trying to make anything happen. So if you were to ask for or claim a new car, perhaps you will clean out some extra space in your garage, or park your old car on the street, preparing to sell it. If you ask for or claim a mate maybe you join a dating site.

You should flow through this, and you should be listing to that voice inside you, call it the Holy Spirit or whatever you like. Maybe you can't hear that voice yet and that is OK, But you should at least make a conscious attempt to be open to hearing it. Maybe through a few minutes meditation every day.

Oh and you don't dwell on what it is you want, nor do you dwell on what it is you don't want. You make your claim or request then forget about it. You flow, you listen to your intuition. Using the sailing analogy you are tacking with the wind. You have set your course, checked your sextant, and now are tacking with the wind in the general direction you wish to go. Your feelings and intuition are the sextant. Your intention is the course you set. The thing you want to manifest is your destination.

Now you just sit back and relax, keeping an eye on the currents and the wind. You could think of your vibrational level to the thing you have claimed or requested, the strength of how badly you want it, or don't want it, as the wind. Contrary winds may come and you will have to adjust accordingly. But you should never fight the waves and the winds. You should be a perfect martial artist, using the energy of the waves and wind against themselves.

So this is as far as I have the process figured out. Any insights or thoughts?

Edited by DreamBliss
  • Like 1

No reason to resist Christianity.

Exoteric Christianity is for the masses. Esoteric Christianity is for the select few who have a burning desire to go deeper. Christian monks still practice these secret practices as they always have. It is far more than just going to church, reading a few lines in the Bible and then singing some songs.

My question is, are you trying to gain material things with spiritual practices?

You will gain spiritual things with spiritual practices, which are far more precious than any worldly thing.

To give you another perspective on original sin. You're not inherently sinful at your core. Original sin is just a story of pointing to the reason why you're suffering now. Because YOU, (not Adam and Eve), judge things to be good and evil.

DreamBliss,

Ahh, there it is; had to be something behind all that.

You may have me on the whole my parents and I VS I and my parents thing. Never really thought about it. I guess an outside observer would have to watch me, see what the truth is. I always thought I did right by my parents, took good care of everyone. But I have felt the need to put myself first more than I used to.

I can assure you Dreambliss that I don't have you; there is no competition here. Though I expect you are quite familiar with a competitive environment.

You are at a stage in your path and you are making self inquiry; which is good.

It sounds as though you are attempting to create a spiritual distance between your own self and your family, who are perhaps them selves a little domineering?

I think you are on the right path; keep up the self enquiry.

I cant help but wonder: are the desires for the manifestation of objects that you have, for you or perhaps some other reason?

Edited by iain

No reason to resist Christianity.

Original sin is just a story of pointing to the reason why you're suffering now. Because YOU, (not Adam and Eve), judge things to be good and evil.

Oh, that's a rather easy one:

Honey holding my hand = GOOD

My hand touching glowing hotplate = BAD

:D

That being said, I know what you are talking about: The mind dwelling in dualities of all kinds and not seeing the unity underlying it.

Hi DreamBliss,

Interesting thread...

I think there is a lot of truth to both attitudes: the one of the Magus and the one of the Mystic; they complement each other. To find the right balance here seems to be part of your inner alchemical process. It's a question to me, as well...

As Yasuja (btw, welcome to the forum, I read your posts with interest :) ) admits, you can tell the Universe what you wish - but then you shouldn't keep clinging to it. A. Bailey somewhere wrote something to the effect that Magicians would be much more powerful in their manifestations if they knew how to let go of their thoughts.

As I understand from several of your posts, you tend to try to force certain things in your mind. Maybe some Christian-inspired self-castigation thingie happening in the subconscious mind? :ph34r:

What is helping me with requests to the Universe is to make a little rite out of them, using Tarot cards, crystals, candles of different colours, incense, stuff like that. The Universe and/or subconscious mind likes that. It's actually a kind of taking action yourself on the physical level, beyond purely mental effort. Even symbolical action will signal to the Universe that you mean it.

Anything else? Not right now... I may stop in again later. ^_^

• Like 1

Dreambliss what if asking for something brings more suffering compared to before?

Is it worth getting what you want when it just increases your problems?

Dreambliss, some people win a lot of money and say they wish it never happened.

• Like 1

Let go of what you want (your attachment) and get totally right with never ever getting it.

You'll know your on the right track if it doesn't matter so much if you get it or not.

Then what you put effort into has results. What you need to learn or unlearn will come up. The challenges you need to face will occur.

And then you might get it. Might. The will of heaven.. etc.

John

Edited by JohnC
  • Like 2

This whirlwind of angst you find yourself immersed in has more to do with hormones and the animal you inhabit than you think.

Cultivate on this aspect and it will have an immense effect on overview.

You can't squeeze out manifestation from want - it's like trying to hammer a square peg into a round hole.

Manifestation is not "new age bullshit" - and for that matter the New Age is not bullshit.

Their is no more "New Age" bullshit than their is "Traditional" bullshit.

Manifestation requires that "no effort" is used. Understanding this is perhaps a bit of an art.

You speak of trees as though you understand them like Christians often speak for God - you know very little about trees.

You are energized by your judgements and look down upon quite a bit - like the poor old guy in tattered clothes with a cain and a beggars bowl - was he unhappy and unwise? Perhaps he was wearing this look and teaching people something - a God could wear any look it likes.

One thing is for certain in your original post - you want "things" - possibly things served on a silver platter. Much of this craving is hormone based - we tend to think it is so culturally based in society and belief structures but for the most part it is pack animal related and the puffery of pecking order. Most of society is little more than Human animals largely impulsed by hormones and pecking order with a greater regard for safety and fear creating the complicated webbing than high spiritual attainment or a grander scheme of things.

We are robots to a degree you cannot imagine. The books you read are written largely by the same.

Read between the lines.

You are currently manifesting exactly what angst manifests.

Edited by Spotless
  • Like 2

Before I start in...

Spotless

I have a sudden feeling of what I think is love for you. I am smiling, after reading what you have said. I think, if memory serves, I have always found you, more than anyone else, challenging. You are the bed of coals one must walk on, or the bed of nails one must lay on. Thank you for that!

@all

I have read the rest of your responses and I thank you. Now I have something to share with you. I am not sure I have mentioned it here previously, but recently, just a few months ago, when working with my dreams I found I could hear a voice inside. I have tested this voice, consulting it to translate a dream for another. I have an account at DreamViews for the subject of dreaming. They told me it was spot on. So as far as I am concerned this voice is not me. If it were to emanate from anywhere, have a location, it would be in the center of my chest. I sort of focus there to "tune in."

Now I bring this up because my first response,whenever I have a problem, is to come here with it. Spiritually based matters primarily. It never occurred to me to consult this voice until last night. I struggled with resistance all day doing it, but I came to this voice with a number of questions, and I will share some of these, and its answers. When I am doing this sort of thing brackets [] symbolize stuff coming from me, parentheses () stuff that come from it which I did not feel the need to write down or simply decided to add later. A lot of forward slashes / to combine things. Hyphens - as a pause, break in thought or for emphases.

Here:

Why am I unable to manifest the things I need or want?

You do not have faith. I keep telling you to have faith. Be faith. But you won't listen/are unable to hear. You must have faith in order for these things to be provided. You must know that you are receiving whatever it is you ask for. There can be no doubt, doubt = resistance. If there is doubt, throw it out! You must have faith, must believe, must know, that whatever you ask for is provided. But you are covered in fear, and doubt. You base this on your previous lack of manifesting an asked for thing. But they are built on one another. Those attempts did not work either because you did not have faith. When you received the coffee beans you had enough faith. Find a way to have faith, carry that faith with you. Like Indiana Jones stepping into the chasm, having faith there is a walkway there. You must have faith! Things will be much easier for you once you do.

(That is all.)

How do I manifest the things I need or want?

By faith. It really is as simple as that. The universe will give you whatever it is you ask for, whatever you need or want. But you have to believe the universe can and will do this. You must have faith. You must live it, breathe it like air. Your whole being must be infused with it. There can be no room for fear and doubt. Your being must radiate faith, a confidence and a knowing that the universe can, does and will provide. This is the one great and universal Truth. You have been seeking the Truth for so long, well here it is!

Faith, like everything else, must be practiced. It is a combination of confidence, trust and knowing. It is the thought that the universe provides returned to for so long that it becomes a belief. Once you believe the universe provides, and hold that feeling for a long time, it becomes/transforms into faith. Once you have held onto this feeling of faith for a long time, doubt and fear simply can not manifest in your experience. There is no room in which these things can grow.

The tree you so often use as your example has faith. It is not a faith as understood by humans. Faith is independent of intellect. The tree's faith is a feeling, of the sun, wind and rain on its skin – its bark and leaves. It is the feel of dirt between its toes – its roots. When a tree feels these things it demonstrates faith. It grows, puts out branches and leaves. When a tree feels the lack of any of these vital elements it looses faith, and so dies.

Faith is a feeling, one that must be maintained, for life and a connection to All Good Things. Without faith demonstrating in your life you will, like the tree, begin to shrivel up and die on the inside, the most vital part of you. Not in your physical body, not initially. Your physical body will follow suite however, it too will shrivel and die, because whatever happens to you on the inside – energetically – manifests on the outside. The lack of faith inside becomes the cause of the physical symptoms of death on the outside. You must have faith, it is vital! Absolutely necessary in order for you to thrive as an individual and as a person, even as a society.

What is it you are having faith in? What is it you are developing faith in? What is it you are practicing faith in? Quite simply, that the universe provides. You can call the universe whatever name you like. Whatever name you give it, it always provides. Your faith in the provision opens you to that provision. It allows you to receive whatever it is you ask for. Without faith your receiving will be blocked or interfered with. Your manifestation will be incomplete, if its manifests at all. Only tree's faith in the sun, in the wind and the rain, allow it to open, send out branches, send down roots, sprout leaves and thereby grow. The instant tree is not living in faith it begins to die, period, end of story.

How else do you think cactus survives in the desert? What other creature on earth has more faith than a cactus, that water, eventually, will come? So the cactus holds on, and it gets the water it needs. This is the kind of faith you must display, even in the harshest of circumstances, if you want to receive whatever it is you are asking for.

(That is all - there is nothing more to say on this subject.)

Edited by DreamBliss
  • Like 1

Dear DreamBliss,

I can only conclude two possible cause for your erratic shift of tone; either you are experiencing a rapid cycle of birth and deaths of ego, in which case I would humbly recommend that you consider studying some such vehicle as patanjali yoga aphorism's, and know that effects of this happening should be ignored so as to progress further upon your path of understanding.
Or; The mood shift was intentional, for desired effect and premeditated; if this is the case, then I would recommend you reflect seriously upon the nature of "truth".

Should you need to do such here are the 5 limbs of yama, its self one of the eight limbs of ashtanga yoga:
aṣṭāġga means eight parts.

Ashtanga yoga consists of the following limbs: The first five are called external aids to Yoga (bahiranga sadhana)
Yama refers to the five abstentions: how we relate to the external world. (The five vows of Jainism are identical to these).

Ahimsa: non-violence, inflicting no injury or harm to others or even to one's own self, it goes as far as nonviolence in thought, word and deed.
Satya: non-illusion; truth in word and thought.
Asteya: non-covetousness, to the extent that one should not even desire something that is one's own; non-stealing.
Brahmacharya: abstinence, particularly in the case of sexual activity. Also, responsible behavior with respect to our goal of moving toward the truth. It suggests that we should form relationships that foster our understanding of the highest truths. "Practicing brahmacharya means that we use our sexual energy to regenerate our connection to our spiritual self. It also means that we don’t use this energy in any way that might harm others."[11]
Aparigraha: non-possessiveness; non-hoarding

Satya is used to stabilise the rapid cycle of birth and death ... Our translation of these notion are rather sketchy, perhaps due to the nature of our own language, which leaves rather a lot to interpretation.

What did you want to know about manifestation exactly?

I have presented a small part of a larger manifest to you, for your voyage; Have you lost anything?

Edited by iain

Sign in to follow this