BaguaKicksAss

100 days of practice (martial arts/qigong) challenge; prizes involved :D

having a great challenge to get to this page and document my practice ...

have not missed a day although some days have been somewhat light since I have had a sinus thing

now if only all this practice stopped the rhinitis susceptibility i have had all my life :))

my last few days have included Adv Seated FP 1, 2, 3, and 4 disk 7. Zhan Zhuang of 1 hour duration plus two shorter 35 and 45 min sessions. TCC teaching class 2 50 min sessions. Ba Duan Chin daily practice including one session of 8 reps each at slow speed (28 min duration) otherwise normally 12 minute. The long form FPCH disk 4 has suddenly moved from about 20 min to >26 min almost always first thing in the morning.

Practice of some healing after Master Yun Xiang Tseng seated ...

Today I completed one 15 min route of Daoyin Yangsheng gong

progressively breath length has expanded to 20-25 sec cycle, flow in both TCC and FPCH has also jumped intensity level if that says anything ..

thanks again for this forum

• Like 2

does moving 25 bales of hay while breathing consciously count?

not bad for 74 yr old dude ..

Edited by ridingtheox
  • Like 2

no real practice yestrday, just play with Tristar post; today MCO meditation.

Any SFQ'rs doing the MCO/Small universe try doing it with the healing chant? If you follow the audio you follow Chunyi's ennunciations, breathing in when he says 'ohm' or 'muah'; but, if you do it yourself, you, of course, have to breath out on the sound and breath in in the silence. Breath in the empyness? So the breathing is adjusted; just wondering what experience ppl have with that. There is power in the healing sound..right up and down the torso.

8)

counts for something!

Every Second Qigong!

8)

workin' my way up! n_n All the sunk walking is really adding up, since i am always trying to walk with my weight sunk when i am out and about. usually just between the house and library, but it's almost a mile walk, give or take :)

Last night i got a decent 30 minutes of fanzhang and this morning i had an epiphany for how to improve the teacup coordination in fanzhang! :D

Yup, yup, even if my practice sucks, it just keeps gettin better :D

• Like 2

For this particular contest... well since you have some catching up to do to get into one of the first few places, sure ;). Probably no more or less than my carrying around boxes of rocks a lot lately...

• Like 1

Did some circle walking and some standing today.

Carried around some boxes of lodestones on Fri and today lol.

Also did some practice not related to this thread, a lot this weekend ;).

Mon. FPCH long form 28 min (5:50 am)

TCC long form teaching 50 min (9:15 am)

FPCH seated 60 70 40 5 25 min 10:30 & 5:30 pm

Daoyin yang sheng gong 15 min 8 pm

I am planning to do FPCH seated 50 20 10 before sleep

• Like 1

5:30 am long form FPCH 27 min

today I had MOHs surgery for a basal cell carcinoma on my forehead very small last one I had removed 7 years ago ..

my BP went ballistic altho i tried meditation and qi gong in the office finally doc suggested a valium ... wonder drug successful operation no pain no 'felt anxiety' wtf??

tonight Adv seated 50 20 10 38 min

now a cup of tea and off to bed ... will I sleep???

lol

Edited by ridingtheox
  • Like 1

morning sfq today--moving yin-yang, breathing of the universe; this eve a few rounds of the first Tristar taiji form, which i hadnt done start to finish for a while--felt great; followed with some sfq 10000 hands to focus the energy or bettr yet to distribute; about an hour all together; lol felt bad for sleeping in monday and missing my morning practice window ;) will do some MCO meditation b4 bed

8)

• Like 1

2:am woke up repeated ASMSW 50 20 10 at least 30 min slept the rest of the night

5:30 am two standing short disc 5 meds 70 40 30 20 90 50 40 20

10:30 am long form 24 min 90 60 05 50 40

1:30 ASMSW 80 70 50 30 30 min

2:15 ASMSW 70 50 20 10 30 min

'back to back'

3:45 Ba duan jin 13 min

I expect to do the Big Sleep (which doesn't seem to work for me) around 9 pm

Edited by ridingtheox
  • Like 1

mostly the same as yesterday--morning qigong, evening Tristar post with the addition of gasho palm (prayer position). A bit of crossovr from SFQ and othr sources.

8)

• Like 1

Did standing on Monday, my poor poor innocent shoulders. It's rather intense standing (and walking) I'm doing. The sort of practice where if you can make it past 15 minutes you are doing it very wrong.

Sorry I haven't been posting lately. Things have been pretty busy, but I've been keeping up with my practice. I've gotten the two advanced flying phoenix standing meditations, wind through the trees and moonbeam splashes on water, down pretty well and been working on those.

I've also added a stretching for flexibility routine to the end of my practice, which has been a huge help. My legs have been falling asleep very quickly in half-lotus doing the FPQG sitting medtiations, and getting some of my old flexibility back has helped me be more comfortable sitting for long stretches of time. Maybe eventually I'll even more to full lotus.

I've also managed to dramatically reduce my caffeine consumption. Just sitting at a desk all day, I didn't realize how much coffee I was going through. Now I'm down to one small cup and after that, I'm only drinking tea and some b-12 for energy. Hopefully I'll be able to cut it out all together soon, but I think the drastic drop in caffeine is what triggered my migraine a couple weeks ago, so I'm trying to be careful.

• Like 1

By your inspiration, I attempted to perform the Yang Style 24 and 40 Tai Ji movements once every hour or every chance I can.

Edited by ChiDragon
  • Like 2

today was almost replica of yesterday, but with more pore breathing and six words chant during the course of the day. I started MCO but fell asleep, lol, oops.

8)

• Like 1

I did complete the Big sleep night of the 10th

11th Dec

5:30 am long form 24 min 90 60 ....

9 am TCC long form teaching

5 pm Daoyin yang sheng gong 15 min

( i also did some cloud hands practice and a 30 min of Hearfield's Tibetan fire? palm )

12th

5:30 am FPCH long form 90 60 ... not timed ..

9:00 TCC long form teaching

I will have a long day's drive to Redlands 450 mi on Monday which will mean a light day re: practice lv Tucson 5 am ...

trying to imagine getting in practice that day

Please re-read the original post; a couple of teachers on here including their teaching time as practice. Not counting that towards the who wins the book stuff (though love to hear about it), since it is a bit of an unfair advantage. Also, you don't go as deep when you are with others....

Also Taoist practices please, not just meditation nor mundane exercise :).

Btw, I'm recooping from a shoulder injury from practice *grumble*, which hurts enough ZZ (or walking down the street) isn't even possible *grumble*. At least you guys will get more days in than I do :D.

• Like 1

Apparently it's a pinched nerve I have, damn those hurt! Pinched nerve from ZZ ROFL. It's a really torqued intense sort of ZZ though!

good day practice 13th Sat

early morning Long Form

standing Dao yin yangsheng gong evening

in addtion late night 12th i did 45 min standing Zhan Zhong ... rotating thru 5 postures and finally some single finger standing 5 individual and the one triple warmer total 53 min

not so good today busy packing and hosting quaker meeting

now i will try long form at easy rhythm speed hopefully right side and left side practice

it has been a month since i did two R and L

• Like 1

fri squeezed in usual morn practice SFQ fundamentals; Sunday MCO meditation, adding the healing sounds ohm and muah as per SFQ, which was great..a nice added dimension; today morning practice Sfq level 1active exercises..a good way to start monday!

8)

• Like 1