BaguaKicksAss

100 days of practice (martial arts/qigong) challenge; prizes involved :D

At an all day meeting and typing from phone, but managed to do 5 emotions meditation today from SFQ. Felt happy in liver which became joy in heart, peace in stomach, appreciation in lungs and gratefulness in kidneys.

This is the most powerful meditation I've currently experienced from SfQ. According to the Master every emotion as an energetic signature and can set or reset a body's energetic flow.

Basically pick a story that makes you happy and go from there, turn the wuxing wheel.

Did this today incognito because of many folks around and massaged a few acupuncture points.

• Like 2

hey, how do you accomplish pore breathing? any special techniques or visualization?

8)

Where did everybody go? Today I did 4 30 minute sessions dispersed throughout the day. I just finished a 30 minute minute session of "joining of yin and yang" where you move the energy ball in your hands. I also did "pore breathing"(breathing through the skin) into the lower dantien while moving the energy ball. I exhaled the energy as smoke. Chunyi Lin said on an interview that the "pore breathing" is a Taoist secret that will make your face look younger. It's true. People will say you look 10 years younger and the dark bags under the eyes from drinking alcohol in your 20's go away.

i've been adding chanting to my practice...something master lin recommends..he is fond of 6 words chant...it is easy to add 'om mani pad me hum' to the usual SFQ exercises, especially the level 2 forms like '10 000 hands'; i like the Tara mantras too..green or white! eventually i will try the full Tara meditation; it sounds similar to SFQs sun or moon meditation

today minimal Tristar standing post, 10min; impressed with the practices postd--keep it up!!

Edited by Astral Monk
  • Like 1

Hey Astral Monk,

Pore breathing is decribed in the level 1 book, for the breathing of the universe move.

There isnt much to it though. You do just that. So you inhale and see energy entering every pore of the body and going to Dantian and accumulating there. Then when you breathe out, again all the energy shoots out from every pore of the body, except this time it's black smoke.

As chi said this excercise will take 10 years off from you, so remember, and this is a key point, you need to be older than 10 to try this. Otherwise you risk living with negative age, and other uncharted dangers. Jk.

Edited by Sebastian
  • Like 1

Practiced MCO in airplane today, then 5 emotions then fell asleep. Woke up to visit Japan all day and just did bouncing in hotel room, spinal rotations and holding the taichi, also refered to as rotating the ball for 30 minutes. This form is common to a lot of lineages. I like it, it's easy and makes you feel good.

Edited by Sebastian
  • Like 1

ah ok, np, yes i try this with breathing of the universe :)

thnx

Hey Astral Monk,

Pore breathing is decribed in the level 1 book, for the breathing of the universe move.

There isnt much to it though. You do just that. So you inhale and see energy entering every pore of the body and going to Dantian and accumulating there. Then when you breathe out, again all the energy shoots out from every pore of the body, except this time it's black smoke.

im not sure how much i am practicing, proper, since i keep walking with my weight sunk. walked a whole mile with consistent sinking, but only about a quarter of it was done slow, last night.

But it was cold, and i wanted to get in bed ASAP!!! :lol:

havent done Fan Zhang in about 2 days though :( and i am itching to do circle walking, but havent overcome the need for solitude...

i lost count of my days :(

im not sure how much i am practicing, proper, since i keep walking with my weight sunk. walked a whole mile with consistent sinking, but only about a quarter of it was done slow, last night.

But it was cold, and i wanted to get in bed ASAP!!! :lol:

havent done Fan Zhang in about 2 days though :( and i am itching to do circle walking, but havent overcome the need for solitude...

i lost count of my days :(

More circle walking! :D

Lots of empty places at night for circle waking...

• Like 1

I've gotten my 30 minutes in the past couple days since my last post. I realized that in the past two months or so, I've been coming to think of qigong more as a chore or something I'm doing to reach a goal so I'm trying to shift my thinking to view it more as something I do for me, as a treat, rather than as another thing I *have* to do. I'll let you guys know how that goes.

• Like 1

I'm a wee bit on the proud side :D even if it wasnt squat (which i did a few yesterday :D) i squeezed in a few minutes in the living room the day before and did some circle walking. even if it wasnt more than maybe 5 minutes, i did it, and i feel good about that.

Yesterday i tried to get back into a routine and pulled off about 10 minutes of slow deep squats before another 10 minutes of fanzhang :)

Also, what Monk Drinks Wine said there, i need to stop thinking of it as a chore! :lol: and since i noticed im not meditating anymore, i gotta get back into that too!

But at least the momentum is building back up!!! :D

• Like 1

Tuesday and today--morning practice SFQ, evening play with Tristar standing post, variations.

+11

In the morning i'm working on the body breathing, with the SFQ breathing of the universe exercise, following that with Chunyi's cloud hands and 10000 hands. In Shouyu Liang's book 'Qigong Empowerment' it says that we open our pores when we exhale, and close them when we inhale. In SFQ a prime visualisation is to release excess energy (from blockages) as steam or smoke, as Sebastian suggested. This we do on exhaling. Liang said that when we achieve this, it will feel like when the sun hits your face on a winter day. Cool.

Also, Chunyi's cloud hands exercise, which goes out to the front (rather than side to side as conventional taiji cloud hands) pairs well with the Tristar standing post--mid to deep sit with legs, knees, ankles, and feet together. I'm going to explore this.

8)

• Like 2

Well, I missed another practice day since my last post due to a severe migraine, but otherwise, I've kept up my practice. I started working on "Moonbeam Splashes on the Water" which has been fun to learn and a nice change of pace since I've been concentrating on the standing post meditations.

• Like 1

Well, I missed another practice day since my last post due to a severe migraine, but otherwise, I've kept up my practice. I started working on "Moonbeam Splashes on the Water" which has been fun to learn and a nice change of pace since I've been concentrating on the standing post meditations.

In case this helps, I have found that either focusing the energy into the feet, or breathing every single breath into the ldt, helps to get rid of migraines. I used to get them a lot, nasty things. Of course also 100% relaxation your entire body, helps heaps too.

My first (and probably last) post in this thread but just wanted to say that I am currently at, oh, somewhere over 600 days and counting. I quite honestly practice my qigong every day. I don't visit TTB that often, though... ;)

• Like 2

My first (and probably last) post in this thread but just wanted to say that I am currently at, oh, somewhere over 600 days and counting. I quite honestly practice my qigong every day. I don't visit TTB that often, though... ;)

Seems to be a correlation there ;).

well the last 3 days have been productive. did horse stance for 15 minutes straight last night!!!! :D:lol: my record, so far :D

Night before, i found the school on S st. empty, so i did some circle walking for about 10 minutes on my way home from the library, and this morning, i did 50 pushups all at once, though that hardly counts as DOING bagua :lol: but it's auxiliary, right? :P

• Like 2

well the last 3 days have been productive. did horse stance for 15 minutes straight last night!!!! :D:lol: my record, so far :D

Night before, i found the school on S st. empty, so i did some circle walking for about 10 minutes on my way home from the library, and this morning, i did 50 pushups all at once, though that hardly counts as DOING bagua :lol: but it's auxiliary, right? :P

Awesome you found a good circle walking location :). Yeah schools are handy for that.

• Like 1

today some light exploration of Tristar post and Sfq cloud hands with continuing focus on pore breathing

8)

Edited by Astral Monk
  • Like 2

2 h 15 of SFQ today after landing back home. Mostly rotating the ball, but I did it with three variations:

1) Imagined the 5 emotions, while turning the ball (happy,joy,peace,appreciation and thankful)

2) Performed 6 healing sounds as per SFQ lineage, while turning the ball

3) Sang Om Mani Padme Om, while turning the ball

All the while doing pore reverse breathing, which came naturally during the session.

Finished that up with a big closing session, rotational movements, tailbone and kidneys tapping, etc..

Feel awesome.

• Like 2

Today

One and half hour of Moving of Ying and Yang

One and half hour of Small Universe

5 minutes of trying to levitate, but failed yet again ;-)

Thanks,

Sebby

Edited by Sebastian
  • Like 2