BaguaKicksAss

100 days of practice (martial arts/qigong) challenge; prizes involved :D

Some folks give away free books just for guessing the right number :D (fortunately for me lol). I have a bunch of books, so I'm going to make this way more difficult hehe.

I'm going to make this sort of interesting... us slackers sometimes need outside motivation to practice every single day. So basically post once each day that you practice. If you practice twice per day, you can post twice, but it will only count if you are tied with someone else for actual practice days. In other words, you can't skip monday, then practice 2X on tues, and have it count for both days. But if you and someone else ended up with 90 days at the end, and you did some 2x per day sessions, then you would win.

By practice I mean qigong, neigong or martial arts. For at least 15 minutes per day. Be honest though, depending on what your usual practice amount is, compared with your health, compared with if you have 3 kids, 2 jobs, go to school and are married and thus are a little short on practice time....

Now I understand sometimes we all get sick. I find that slow qigong is awesome when you are sick, or Zhang Zhuang :). Neither will kill you (done them in the hospital a lot lol), but don't overdo it if you have the flu, perhaps 3-5 minutes at a time a few times in the day.

So what books you ask? Well it all depends. If the person who wins has only done 30 days, well I have some qigong paperbacks laying around here. If someone gets up to 100 days, they may get to choose the book (withing reason) from amazon. There might also be a few runner up prizes.

A note for teachers... teaching class does not count. I say this to make it more fair for others, but also it is the all alone practice by yourself which is the most beneficial anyways ;). Going to classes can count, as long as it's only a couple of days per week (though you can't get classes 7 days per week, even with 2 teachers, I have tried lol). Do try a bit of practice all by yourself on your own on those days as well though if you can. Some classes are the can't even sit up long enough to eat dinner after them types!

So this is starting on Wednesday November 19th, and ending on February 27th.

Yes, yes I know Christmas holidays are in there ;). This will give those who are creative a chance to get a few more sessions in than others.....

If you end up in the hospital, and the staff feels that light qigong would do more harm than good, then you can still count those days, as long as you have kept up your practice regularly the other days before and after.

If you are going on an international flight of 8 hours or more, I strongly recommend airport qigong, it really helps (and will make sure you don't skip a day).

I will also post my practice just to motivate others (and myself for that matter), but I obviously don't count in the prizes.

Edited by BaguaKicksAss
  • Like 5

practised in the morn and this eve.

right now i'm focussing on Spring Forest qigong with supporting exercises in Tristar Taiji and the occassional mud-step.

i watched an elderly lady practice circle walking in Richmond there othr day, going thru the standard Bagua palms; very inspiring!

8)

+1

• Like 1

did two 5 min. fan zhang sessions on tuesday, and one 10 min session last night, and nothing yet today... :\ still no circle walking.

Awesome! :)

Well fortunately it is still pretty early. I haven't practiced yet today either.

• Like 1

10 min of fan zhang on thursday and a bit of limbering up lazily. no timeframe on that, just a general all-day stretching lightly. not even a real effort :\ but i can touch my toes again today :lol:

Nothing doing friday, totally took the day off :( shame on me :( lol but excuses and reasons. :lol:

Today, i had to see if i could still touch my toes, so that's initiating more fanzhang later this evening n_n maybe i'll even find a spot to walk the circle! i have to get over my "witnessesses phobia" and just practice transparently in the park.

.... not gonna happen, i need my secluded spot!!! :ph34r:

I skipped fri too, 14 hours of travel that day was enough :P.

Don't like practicing in public? But, martial arts is sexy, and some attractive folks might notice you practicing :D.

Or just go practice in an underground parking lot, either way. lol

Or at night when no one is out.

Edited by BaguaKicksAss
  • Like 1

Can I get in on this? I woke up this morning and started my day with 30 minutes of Flying Phoenix Qigong.

Of course you can, open to all TTBs members :).

hurray ... nice to discover this forum ..

i practice flying phoenix almost daily ... yesterday we drove from tucson to calif ... 9 hours no practice the first time in several weeks i have not oh also today was a recovery day so no practice except for a little cloud hands ... chen and yang style maybe 15 min

i practice FP nearly daily 20 min, Ba duan jin 15 min TCC 1 hour (teaching) and some other Fp forms finally 2 -3 times a week i do some standing Zhan Zhuang up to 45 min per session.

I am trying to keep a diary and will post here when I can

thanks for starting this forum

Edited by ridingtheox
  • Like 1

hurray ... nice to discover this forum ..

i practice flying phoenix almost daily ... yesterday we drove from tucson to calif ... 9 hours no practice the first time in several weeks i have not oh also today was a recovery day so no practice except for a little cloud hands ... chen and yang style maybe 15 min

i practice FP nearly daily 20 min, Ba duan jin 15 min TCC 1 hour (teaching) and some other Fp forms finally 2 -3 times a week i do some standing Zhan Zhuang up to 45 min per session.

I am trying to keep a diary and will post here when I can

thanks for starting this forum

Many of us are nearly daily, so please just post which days you do practice (or have practiced so far since the start date as well) :).

Hey I traveled 14 hours yesterday... yeah I didn't practice either lolol. Still recooping today, going to have some nice before dinner practice (because we all know what happens if one plans for after dinner practice *smirk*)

yesterday was pathetic, and barely made it up to 5 minutes :\ im calling it 5 anyways :lol: but i made up for it with walking today. made sure to stay low and sunk and keep my roots down; every time i caught myself not feeling sunk, i'd sink lower, but i cant say if i was catching myself floating up or jsut getting too comfortable and not sunk low enough :lol:

Plus 10 minutes of standing waiting for the library to open, i did a light and gentle horse stance :P so basically, not good enough, but still doing, and that's what's important, right? :D

• Like 1

yesterday was pathetic, and barely made it up to 5 minutes :\ im calling it 5 anyways :lol: but i made up for it with walking today. made sure to stay low and sunk and keep my roots down; every time i caught myself not feeling sunk, i'd sink lower, but i cant say if i was catching myself floating up or jsut getting too comfortable and not sunk low enough :lol:

Plus 10 minutes of standing waiting for the library to open, i did a light and gentle horse stance :P so basically, not good enough, but still doing, and that's what's important, right? :D

Hey a light and gentle horse stance (is there such a thing? lol) is much better than no horse stance at all! Also 5 minutes is way better than no minutes :).

• Like 1

I got some circle walking in today. I did some standing last night (but may have already mentioned it).

I'm always amazed how the simple standing causes such leg muscle pain! lol

• Like 1