Sign in to follow this  
Mal

Weird Stuff at Work

Hi All,

I'm bored & stuck here at work, but they are paying me to do nothing so perhaps I work for a Taoist organisation :) Everyone here at work already thinks I'm strange as I have been doing Tai Chi rather than eating lunch this year. I find it breaks the day into 2 nice parts.

I have always had a bad lower back and shoulder that doesn't like me sitting down in the office all day. I have tried various exercises on and off over the years. For the last 2 weeks I have been doing 10 hindu squats and 10 hindu push ups every 2 hours (started at 8 and worked up) and my back and shoulder feel good at the end of the day. I do more when I'm training, but I like to stop before I start to breath too hard and get sweaty, especially since I sneak of to the toilet to practice, panting and sweaty is not a good look :)

I occasionally meditate, but staring off into space attracts more attention than surfing the ' bums and I've read all the new posts :) So I'm wondering what sort of things people do to keep themselves amused during working hours.

I occasionally meditate, but staring off into space attracts more attention than surfing the ' bums and I've read all the new posts :) So I'm wondering what sort of things people do to keep themselves amused during working hours.

I find myself on the opposite end of the spectrum - I have been unemployed for the past year. I do a lot of the same stuff - surf the web, do yoga, walk, read a lot.

I've never been a good one for filling up time at work. At my last job, I was able to work at home in the morning and go into the office in the afternoon - so there was very little time spent staring at the walls. I wish I could say the same now! <_<

Edited by VeeCee

And another "end of the spectrum"- I work in a VERY busy restaurant and find little time to do anything much else than work.

I too sneak off to the toilet to do some chi kung. I find the handicrapper stall perfect to do a few movements. Try doing the six healing sounds and take note of your coworker's faces when you exit the stall!

for me it's far too much of in-one-ear-out-the-other reading of random daoist info online. And far far too many thoughts of 'I should be working' and not getting distracted swimming around in the 10,000 things! :)

the question is, is the energy in the toilet good for your health.... :P .

I'm lucky to have badge access to plenty of areas most other people dont at work, so doing some chi gung or meditation is no big deal :)

I did get my balls busted by the fellas at the nascar race back in july, I just laughed with them all. It was pretty funny listening to them. uh! there he goes again doing that yoga! while I'm there doing chigung. :lol: I've got a bad back, so I dont skip my exercies for nuttin!

occasionally I'll sneak off to the men's room handicapped stall for a little qigong action. I used to do that a lot more at previous jobs.

I practice pelvic contractions all the time while I'm working. My semen is noticeably whiter since I've started doing that, a sign that it is less stagnant. I also have pretty awesome orgasms from the pelvic lifts. I have like 15 orgasms a day, and 1-2 really powerful ones a day, just from pelvic contractions.

I work in a big room at a computer all alone. You guys have inspired me to take tai chi breaks. I dont know why I didn't think of it before.

When I was first learning tai chi I would practice on my breaks and lunch in the isles in the wharehouse I worked in. All the guys would make fun of me but after a while they kind of respected me for doing what I wanted and not caring what others thought. Now I have the perfect environment to practice at work. I better get practicing.

I have always had a bad lower back and shoulder that doesn't like me sitting down in the office all day. I have tried various exercises on and off over the years.
I'm not a doctor, but one thing I figured out for this was stretching my lower back out by bending over in front and placing my hands as high up on the front of my femurs as I can (right under the hip) and pushing back. You can wiggle your hips some while you're at it too. Basically, this helps to elongate and loosen up your spine, especially near the base.

I push pretty hard, because I don't think I'm strong enough to dislocate my femurs or anything...but I'm not saying that's not possible either...so use due caution, of course.

I practice pelvic contractions all the time while I'm working. My semen is noticeably whiter since I've started doing that, a sign that it is less stagnant. I also have pretty awesome orgasms from the pelvic lifts. I have like 15 orgasms a day, and 1-2 really powerful ones a day, just from pelvic contractions.
Can you elaborate on all this? How exactly do you do a pelvic lift...and you can O from that alone? With or without "squirting?"

Nice work on discovering the neutralizing poses of the sunsalutation. Long chain muscle groups for sure. Who thought stretching the electrical cords would make them work better.

I usually only stretch and do some form work inside, i save chi gung for outside, as the building seems to have a harmonic that is more in tune with 60hz then what's going on when the wind is blowing outside in the trees.

It's much simpler to find a good place to practice outside than inside. Inside it's more about the people around you it seems. Positive people who don't drag their muck around with them.

Heart,

Spectrum

I'm not a doctor, but one thing I figured out for this was stretching my lower back out by bending over in front and placing my hands as high up on the front of my femurs as I can (right under the hip) and pushing back. You can wiggle your hips some while you're at it too. Basically, this helps to elongate and loosen up your spine, especially near the base.

If you bend over slowly pidgeon toed - toes a few inches apart - you will feel yor hips and lower back open.

Go only to where you feel a stretch. The idea is not to bend as far as you can but just to the stretch.

This is helpful in releasing pain in the back.

Couple more thoughts, Tai Chi and Chi Gung offer a series of circulation perscriptions as well. I mean Yoga is like this as well, you can take care of whatever hurts or feels stuck, it's all body medicine.

I'll often take a few moments to feel my body out in wuji, say a 10-30 second intuitive slice, and then start maybe a 3 move section of three moves that FEEL good, regardless of their place in the form, or even the direction in which my stance adopts (functionally speaking, not geometrically, alignment is always important and starts in the feet)... anyways, sometimes just the flow of the practice (moving continually and slowly) dropping into wu ji, and the mental aspect of putting 2-3 moves together that maybe I hadn't thought of before, usually gives a quick zone out / tune in or was it zone in / tune out? Maybe both. You can get A LOT done in 15 minutes.

Spectrum

the question is, is the energy in the toilet good for your health.... :P .

I work in an old morgue. Lots of yin energy here underground with the dead. I should try some standing practice along with my moving tai chi.

A good practice for work while sitting at your desk:

Practice sitting in a good posture elongating your spine as you sit.

Make sure your knees are higher than your qua so you can really feel the crease.

Head floating each vertabrae open.

You may have to sit forward in your chair. Don't rest against the back of the chair.

Be relaxed don't hold a stiff posture. Let your breathe sink to your tan tien by placing your attention there.

Check out pictures of the masters seated to really get the idea.

A good practice for work while sitting at your desk:

Practice sitting in a good posture elongating your spine as you sit.

Make sure your knees are higher than your qua so you can really feel the crease.

Head floating each vertabrae open.

You may have to sit forward in your chair. Don't rest against the back of the chair.

Be relaxed don't hold a stiff posture. Let your breathe sink to your tan tien by placing your attention there.

Check out pictures of the masters seated to really get the idea.

I sit in full-lotus at work as much as possible. Elsewhere as well. I was in a heated meeting with one of my bosses and she asked if something was wrong with my neck. I was in full-lotus so my right-brain vagus nerve was pulsating! haha. I was shooting energy out of the 3rd Eye! haha. I just "oh that's nothing!"

I rarely have time to do anything at work but work. Sometimes I have a short break to read a little or check out a forum online. Two days ago I got to read a chapter in "The Sex Lives of Cannibals" - pretty good book so far but I'm only to chapter 4.

If you're having back and shoulder issues, you may want to consider standing meditation. Moving around and stretching are important but I think standing can help both areas as well. I'd start with the basic wuji posture - feet shoulder width or so and hands in front of kua with shoulders very slightly internally rotated so that the tiger's mouths (1st web) face eachother. Suspend crown of head, slightly tuck chin, sink chest, relax shoulders and elbows, slightly tuck pelvis to elongate and loosen lower spine, slightly bend knees, and balance over bubbling wells. If this is all well known to you, forgive me...

normally i just walk with my tongue on my palette and every now and then take a deep breath and "tune in" into the moment. i usually do this while walking which makes the world look especially bright.

Can you elaborate on all this? How exactly do you do a pelvic lift...and you can O from that alone? With or without "squirting?"

Start by learning to move your tailbone independently, as if tucking it under. Put the tip of your finger on the tip of your tailbone, and squeeze the muscles in the butt area until you feel the tail bone move. Practice that for a few months, and add in perineum lifts. Also add in the anus lifts, as if you are drawing upwards with the anus rather than pushing out/down. Finally, cultivate the strength of the urinary sphincter area by practicing often the ability to start and stop the flow of urine. Add all four together.

Start by learning to move your tailbone independently, as if tucking it under. Put the tip of your finger on the tip of your tailbone, and squeeze the muscles in the butt area until you feel the tail bone move. Practice that for a few months, and add in perineum lifts. Also add in the anus lifts, as if you are drawing upwards with the anus rather than pushing out/down. Finally, cultivate the strength of the urinary sphincter area by practicing often the ability to start and stop the flow of urine. Add all four together.

Childs Play

I rarely have time to do anything at work but work. Sometimes I have a short break to read a little or check out a forum online. Two days ago I got to read a chapter in "The Sex Lives of Cannibals" - pretty good book so far but I'm only to chapter 4.

If you're having back and shoulder issues, you may want to consider standing meditation. Moving around and stretching are important but I think standing can help both areas as well. I'd start with the basic wuji posture - feet shoulder width or so and hands in front of kua with shoulders very slightly internally rotated so that the tiger's mouths (1st web) face eachother. Suspend crown of head, slightly tuck chin, sink chest, relax shoulders and elbows, slightly tuck pelvis to elongate and loosen lower spine, slightly bend knees, and balance over bubbling wells. If this is all well known to you, forgive me...

Gungness.

Sign in to follow this