Sign in to follow this  
Grigory

Giving away my new Kindle book! "50 shades of yay: great thinkers on happiness"

The giveaway is over - thanks!

Goooood morning, everyone! :)

I've recently finished working on my latest book, 50 shades of yay: great thinkers on happiness, and I thought I'd share it with my favorite bums, who can surely appreciate the importance of the topic. (Well, you guys and the rest of the Internet.) It's free to download today and tomorrow - and no, you don't need a Kindle to read it. As long as you have a device with a screen and Internet connection, you can read it on the Kindle app.

Give it a shot, see what happens! If you like it, I'd very much appreciate some feedback - or a quick 5-star review. ;) If you don't like it - well, it was free, wasn't it? :P Thanks in advance!

"Happiness - what exactly is it and where I can get some? These two simple questions have remained unanswered despite all our efforts. Poets bicker about the definition of happiness, scientists try to determine how happiness works, and politicians promise all the happiness you can handle if you vote for them. The Declaration of Independence calls the pursuit of happiness one of the three unalienable rights, but how exactly do you go about pursuing it?

This book collects 50 essays, poems, philosophical discourses, aphorisms and snarky comments from great thinkers of our past. They include famous names (Mark Twain, Socrates, Emily Dickinson, Abraham Lincoln, Helen Keller and others), as well as some that you've probably never heard of. (Christina, Queen of Sweden, just might have been the wittiest 17th-century monarch.)

The 50 perspectives on happiness collected in this volume range from goofy to serious, from optimistic to morbid. No matter what your philosophical disposition, this book is guaranteed to help you with your own, personal pursuit of happiness. It'll make you laugh, it'll make you think, it might even make you cry. The "50 shades of yay" can do all of that - and much, much more."

Download link

Edited by Grigory

But wait a minute. Did you actually write anything? Or is it just a collection of other people's work? I don't get it. Why not just make a blog post or something like that?

so wait....is this bdsm related or did you just like the name? :huh: your answer to this question will dictate whether or not i read it

LOL - the title is a pun. Other potential future books: "50 shades of neigh" (about horses) and "50 shades of whey" (recipe book). :P

But wait a minute. Did you actually write anything? Or is it just a collection of other people's work? I don't get it. Why not just make a blog post or something like that?

I've spent months going over the most obscure sources you can think of to find material so well forgotten it was almost lost. Then I dusted it off and rescued it from oblivion by putting it into this anthology. (Anthology editors need love too!)

Edited to add: why not a blog post? Because unfortunately that wouldn't reach as many people... My e-books get downloaded by thousands of people who have Kindles and want something interesting to read. The same people may not necessarily go to blogs for their reading material. It's all about the greater, better outreach. :)

Edited by Grigory
  • Like 1

so wait....is this bdsm related or did you just like the name? :huh: your answer to this question will dictate whether or not i read it

50 shades of poor grammar and terrible writing (the original book you are referring to), isn't about BDSM. Nothing safe, sane nor consensual in that one.

• Like 2

I've spent months going over the most obscure sources you can think of to find material so well forgotten it was almost lost. Then I dusted it off and rescued it from oblivion by putting it into this anthology. (Anthology editors need love too!)

well, that sounds like a pursuit worth supporting :)

• Like 1

50 shades of poor grammar and terrible writing (the original book you are referring to), isn't about BDSM. Nothing safe, sane nor consensual in that one.

The only thing anyone needs to know about "50 Shades of Grey" is that it started out as Twilight fanfiction. 'Nuff said...

• Like 1

As you now know well - being an author is simple easy and fun - don't let it go to your head as an identification of who you are.

Thanks for the compilation! (I will give you 5 stars)

Gregory, like your bio :D.

No I haven't read your book yet.... I have quite a stack here to go through, first.

Edited by BaguaKicksAss

As you now know well - being an author is simple easy and fun - don't let it go to your head as an identification of who you are. Thanks for the compilation! (I will give you 5 stars)

Thanks in advance! ^_^ And no, writing won't go to my head anytime soon - it's only one of my many, many projects.

Gregory, like your bio :D.

Thanks! What about my author picture? ;)

As you now know well - being an author is simple easy and fun - don't let it go to your head as an identification of who you are. Thanks for the compilation! (I will give you 5 stars)

That's a good piece of advice,...but one that is likely misunderstood. People generally like their head,...it's what they like best about themselves. For most (99.9%),...happy is as the DiCaprio character in the film Inception,...where, at the end, he disregards the spinning top, and just wants to go to his kids, whether it's a dream or not.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UdV9E9Xcb10

• Like 1

Sign in to follow this