Sign in to follow this  
clearclouds

LaoZi Academy

Hi, this post is to introduce the Taobum members to Master Dong Yang.

I am happy to let everyone know that my Daoist Teacher has agreed to start teaching on a larger scale. His name is Master Dong Yang.His direct lineage is from ZhongNan and HuaShan. Until now his teachings have been kept pretty low profile but as a genuine lineage holder in authentic Daoist knowledge he has decided that true Dao should now be taught to the greater public.

His teachings cover: Internal Martial arts, Neidan(specifically concrete methods for cultivating the elixir) and teachings from the numerous classics that he himself has had handed to him within his lineage and also translated himself. As well as an achieved Daoist he is a exceptional calligrapher,artist and poet. He has a refreshing angle on many concepts of Daoism and its methods of practice.

If you have any questions about Master Dong Yang you could write here or visit and send a message at the website www.LaoZiacademy.com, there's also more info on the site. There will be seminars in Australia over the coming months and Master Dong yang is looking at visiting other countries in 2008.

hope this is interesting info for some people interested in Dao.

--CC

Edited by clearclouds

I seem to keep crashing Iexplorer on that link, but that's not unusual for micro$oft

I'm intrested, I think :) aAy chance you are going anywhere near Townsville North Queensland? Or doing anything in Brisbane between the 1st & 4th of October.

hmmm is IE crashing completely with the browser closing or just acting like a dead link? sorry about that i'll look into it. Try again later on.

Unfortunately there aren't any plans to go to QLD in October but there has been some previous interest from Brisbane so there may be a Seminar organised there in the new year. When you can get on the site you can register for the newsletter which will keep you updated.

--CC

hmmm is IE crashing completely with the browser closing

Yes that's it, it tries to load the front page and it sort of all comes up o.k. with pics and things but then

IE brings up its error box and closes all sessions. It does give me a huge text file of the error if you're really interested, but if nobody else is having problems don't bother as I can just check it out with firefox from home.

(this work computer does strange things sometimes)

Brisbane in the new year could work for me, I'll get onto your mailing list.

Cheers

I would like to come up and meet him and ask him some questions on Dao would he be ok with that?

I'm sure he will be happy to answer your questions

If you would like to ask any specific questions on Dao you could post them here or through the questions form on the site, otherwise if you would like to contact him personally you could come to a class session or give him a call on the landline number on the 'contact us' page of the site.

He realises that not everyone is commited to a seminar situation right away so these other options could help to answer any queries.

-CC

Thanks i will come up to say g'day!

Can you tell me what type of chi cultivation methods he is teaching?

regards

WYG

great, i'm sure you'll be very pleased.

Specific natural circular movements to refine the body and cultivate jing qi shen to make what daoists call the Internal Elixir. This is also refered to as internal alchemy. So cultivating qi is only one small part of the process. There is no sitting meditation invloved, Master Dong Yang opinion is that many such exercises are misinterpretations of the classics. Specifically lines such as 'dong jing zhi ji' movement, stillness is trigger he says relate to stillness within movement.

The focus is upon the common movements at the root of the internal martial/internal cultivation arts. These are the exact unmodified methods from his zhongnan and huashan lineages. Other schools may teach sitting - but Master Dong Yang achieved a high level of elixir cultivation without such practices.

Initially the exercises refine the whole body to open up all major and minor channels. The movements help to stimulate and lubricate the joints and also restrengthen the bones. Also it trains the body to shift its balance which gives you fine control over your balance. After time it also makes you feel extremely light because energy is able to flow evenly over the whole body.

So a condition of natural flexibility(PIC) without tension results without stretching exercises.

Also coupled with this intial stage of cultivating JingQi but specifically as the student progresses further into the training one begins to cultivate shen. This is like a persons mental energy, but also relates to natural creative energy that exists everywhere (this is not qi). Cultivating the shen is what allows people to naturally stabilise their emotions and handle stressful situations.

Masters who reach a high level of shen cultivation are able to do many things.

hope this helps.

:)

I appreciate this description of the stillness in motion, stimulations of joints, the fine balance, cultivation of jing chi and the shen. If he does not advocate the sitting meditation in cultivating shen, what specific exercise would he advice the student to apply to be able to intergrate the shen descending into the working with Jing?

The body is the house for the shen. The more refine the jing qi, the more shen is attracted to the body. Of course to properly refine jing qi, you need natural movement and a peaceful mind. When the mind is peaceful and body is moving according to the natural laws of movement, the shen can combine with jing qi so as to form the internal elixir.

The specific details of this process only master Dong Yang can show. If you really are interested in learning, I can only suggest visiting the class or seminar.

--CC

Interesting my art that i teach uses circles for jing, , hei, sunn we call this dragon body or 3 Circle method.

I would like to see him and possible see these exercises to compare too!

will come up very soon, thanks... :D

The body is the house for the shen. The more refine the jing qi, the more shen is attracted to the body. Of course to properly refine jing qi, you need natural movement and a peaceful mind. When the mind is peaceful and body is moving according to the natural laws of movement, the shen can combine with jing qi so as to form the internal elixir.

The specific details of this process only master Dong Yang can show. If you really are interested in learning, I can only suggest visiting the class or seminar.

--CC

Thank you. I believe I have noticed. :)

Edited by rain

Just to let everyone know that we've just started uploading small free pod casts from Master Dong Yangs formal training classes at http://www.laoziacademy.com/media/audio

He talks about Dao, internal alchemy - and many things from a traditional Dao perspective.

We are looking at uploading on a regular basis. It should give you a better idea of what he is like and what he is teaching. You can also leave feedback, questions or comments if you'd like.

Enjoy.

--CC

Just to let everyone know that we've just started uploading small free pod casts from Master Dong Yangs formal training classes at http://www.laoziacademy.com/media/audio

He talks about Dao, internal alchemy - and many things from a traditional Dao perspective.

We are looking at uploading on a regular basis. It should give you a better idea of what he is like and what he is teaching. You can also leave feedback, questions or comments if you'd like.

Enjoy.

--CC

This is great. Thanks Clearclouds. As an FYI, I am unable to get the links to the podcasts to come up in IE7, however they do work in Firefox.

:nods in agreement: so so true. great explaination.

After time it also makes you feel extremely light because energy is able to flow evenly over the whole body.

So a condition of natural flexibility without tension results without stretching exercises.

Also noteworthy:

1. Alleviate and then cure all ailments and diseases.

2. Recover and Maintain beauty and a youthful appearance.

3. Achieve lasting Happiness and a positive outlook

4. Avoid mistakes by maintaining a calm mind and a heightened intuition.

5. Protect themselves with extraordinary self-defense abilities.

6. Understand the fundamental underlying processes of Nature and the Universe.

"Specific natural circular movements to refine the body and cultivate jing qi shen to make what daoists call the Internal Elixir. This is also refered to as internal alchemy. misinterpretations of the classics. Specifically lines such as 'dong jing zhi ji' movement, stillness is trigger he says relate to stillness within movement.

The focus is upon the common movements at the root of the internal martial/internal cultivation arts.

Initially the exercises refine the whole body to open up all major and minor channels. The movements help to stimulate and lubricate the joints and also restrengthen the bones. Also it trains the body to shift its balance which gives you fine control over your balance. After time it also makes you feel extremely light because energy is able to flow evenly over the whole body.

So a condition of natural flexibility without tension results without stretching exercises.

Also coupled with this intial stage of cultivating JingQi but specifically as the student progresses further into the training one begins to cultivate shen. This is like a persons mental energy, but also relates to natural creative energy that exists everywhere (this is not qi). Cultivating the shen is what allows people to naturally stabilize their emotions and handle stressful situations."

:nods in agreement: so so true. great explaination.

After time it also makes you feel extremely light because energy is able to flow evenly over the whole body.

Also noteworthy:

1. Alleviate and then cure all ailments and diseases.

2. Recover and Maintain beauty and a youthful appearance.

3. Achieve lasting Happiness and a positive outlook

4. Avoid mistakes by maintaining a calm mind and a heightened intuition.

5. Protect themselves with extraordinary self-defense abilities.

6. Understand the fundamental underlying processes of Nature and the Universe.

Sounds like your practice is going well, i'm glad that stuff rang true for you :) TB's are a friendly crowd i've found. A friend of mine got attacked pretty harshly on another forum just for introducing Master Dong Yang.

--CC

I have practiced long enough to know that this is real fruit from sustained practice.

These feelings of lightness translate into everyday life movements and meditation.

To judge any "master" is to have to touch hands with them. The internet is a poor representation of movement outside of video work. What other forum did you post on?

Regardless, the information seems truthful. The effectiveness of wuji for opening, lengthening and balancing the organism as a whole is universal to good gung fu practice. Good taiji teaches the fundamentals for learning all gung fu. Once you learn how taiji connects your body to itself other forms are not foreign languages, just a variety of dialects!

Spectrum

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="

name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="
type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

I like the way he thinks on meditation. What happened with his website? It seems out of business or something.

Sign in to follow this