Sign in to follow this  
eye_of_the_storm

Nikola Tesla

A thread dedicated to Nikola Tesla.

“If you want to find the secrets of the universe, think in terms of energy, frequency and vibration.”

Tesla_colorado_adjusted.jpg

Edited by eye_of_the_storm
  • Like 6

Nikola Tesla wrote in "Man's Greatest Achievement"

There manifests itself in the fully developed being - MAN - a desire mysterious, inscrutable and irresistible: to imitate nature, to create, to work himself the wonders he perceives. Inspired to this task he searches, discovers and invents, designs and constructs, and covers with monuments of beauty, grandeur and awe, the star of his birth. He descends into the bowels of the globe to bring forth its hidden treasures and to unlock its immense imprisoned energies for his use. He invades the dark depths of the ocean and the azure regions of the sky. He peers in the innermost nooks and recesses of molecular structure and lays bare to his gaze worlds infinitely remote. He subdues and puts to his service the fierce, devastating spark of Prometheus, the titanic forces of the waterfall, the wind and the tide. He tames the thundering bolt of Jove and annihilates time and space. He makes the great Sun itself his obedient toiling slave. Such is his power and might that the heavens reverberate and the whole earth trembles by the mere sound of his voice.

What has the future in store for this strange being, born of a breath, of perishable tissue, yet Immortal, with his powers fearful and Divine? What magic will be wrought by him in the end? What is to be his greatest deed, his crowning achievement?

Long ago he recognized that all perceptible matter comes from a primary substance, or a tenuity beyond conception, filling all space, the Akasha or luminiferous ether, which is acted upon by the life-giving Prana or Creative Force, calling into existence, in never ending cycles, all things and phenomena. The primary substance, thrown into infinitesimal whirls of prodigious velocity, becomes gross matter; the force subsiding, the motion ceases and matter disappears, reverting to the primary substance.

Can man control this grandest, most awe-inspiring of all processes in nature? Can he harness her inexhaustible energies to perform all their functions at his bidding? More still - cause them to operate simply by the force of his will?

If he could do this, he would have powers almost unlimited and supernatural. At his command, with but a slight effort on his part, old worlds would disappear and new ones of his planning would spring into being. He could fix, solidify and preserve the ethereal shapes of his imagining, the fleeting visions of his dreams. He could express all the creations of his mind on any scale, in forms concrete and imperishable. He could alter the size of this planet, control its seasons, guide it along any path he might choose through the depths of the Universe. He could cause planets to collide and produce his suns and stars, his heat and light. He could originate and develop life in all its infinite forms.

To create and to annihilate material substance, cause it to aggregate in forms according to his desire, would be the supreme manifestation of the power of Man's mind, his most complete triumph over the physical world, his crowning achievement, which would place him beside his Creator, make him fulfill his Ultimate Destiny.

The references to Akasha and Prana are interesting, especially if we consider that Tesla met Swami Vivekananda in the 1890s and apparently was influenced by him in his "natural philosophy". Here's more:

http://www.quora.com/Did-Nikola-Tesla-really-meet-Swami-Vivekananda

• Like 3

Many were influenced by Swami vivikinanda, he spoke of the manifold nature of space and time in one of his talks in either America or Europe, before Einstein wrote his paper on relativity ... No proof that Einstein read it, but then that is not how the mind and knowledge work.

Tesla was pure genius, it is unfortunate that thinkers such as he are so very often misunderstood by the more dominant yet less intuitive economical minded folk. I am amazed still by the clarity and precision of the mans vision; He has truly shaped the 20th century and is still shaping the 21st.

Edited by iain
  • Like 3

Genius of his time. It's not like we don't have plenty of geniuses right now, though. Tesla made a lot of discoveries...he's a forefather of many fields...but people hype him up way too much. He's now somewhat of an anti establishment icon. Someone to side with when you want to escape from the system. Conspiracies galore, that spoil his image.

• Like 3

How many people today are fathers of many fields...?

"Hype" - You said it yourself "he's a father* of many fields"

Seems a contradiction to me.

Maybe you would like to address some of these theories in more detail?

"Conspiracies" as a dismissive tends to get thrown around a lot without supporting evidence.

collusion, intrigue, connivance, machination, collaboration

Are you saying these things do not exist? hahahahah

It's difficult to have forefathers of things that are happening now ;)

But anyway, this isn't a personal thing, so let's not head down that road.

There really is a whole lot going on in science these days...much more so than in Telsa's day. The difference is, that those early discoveries were the foundations on which we now stand.

Sadly yes, a lot of people see Tesla as this magical figure. He was way ahead of his time, but he did have a lot of useless ideas, too. He didn't get a lot of credit for his discoveries because of that fact. When you make new discoveries, it's wise to take caution, else you might blow yourself and the planet up. Tesla wasn't the most cautious of people ;)

Just to be clear about this...I think he was a great man that did a lot for the world we live in...but there's no need to make a fuss about him more so than any other brilliant scientist. These days we've got plasma science smashing down doors and changing the way we see the cosmos. :)

Genius of his time. It's not like we don't have plenty of geniuses right now, though. Tesla made a lot of discoveries...he's a forefather of many fields...but people hype him up way too much. He's now somewhat of an anti establishment icon. Someone to side with when you want to escape from the system. Conspiracies galore, that spoil his image.

Yes, we have geniuses, too - but we don't have "plenty" of researchers of Tesla's calibre! There is not more than one or a few around (at best) at any given time in history; people like Kopernikus, Da Vinci, Bruno, Newton, Faraday, Maxwell, Einstein... Some hype around them is inevitable like with any very popular person - certainly Tesla's mysterious, seclusive life style contributed to this. No, he wasn't an extra-terrestrial, nor did he fake his death in order to fly away to Venus. He is not residing at the Mars Face either. But considering the topics he explored, it is not surprising that he became a part of esoteric culture -, and it's not totally inappropriate, in fact.

• Like 2

Your text initially said forefather, either way your intention was the same despite the error.

I have amended this in my text.

“Every night (and sometimes during the day), when alone, I would start out on my journeys - see new places, cities and countries - live there, meet people and make friendships and acquaintances and, however unbelievable, it is a fact that they were just as dear to me as those in actual life and not a bit less intense in their manifestations. This I did constantly until I was about seventeen when my thoughts turned seriously to invention. Then I observed to my delight that I could visualize with the greatest facility. I needed no models, drawings or experiments. I could picture them all as real in my mind.”

http://books.google.com.au/books?id=ms8Cvid0zR0C&pg=PA117&lpg=PA117&dq=Every+night+%28and+sometimes+during+the+day%29,+when+alone,+I+would+start+out+on+my+journeys+-+see+new+places,+cities+and+countries+-+live+there,+meet+people+and+make+friendships+and+acquaintances+and,+however+unbelievable,+it+is+a+fact+that+they+were+just+as+dear+to+me+as+those+in+actual+life+and+not+a+bit+less+intense+in+their+manifestations.+This+I+did+constantly+until+I+was+about+seventeen+when+my+thoughts+turned+seriously+to+invention.+Then+I+observed+to+my+delight+that+I+could+visualize+with+the+greatest+facility.+I+needed+no+models,+drawings+or+experiments.+I+could+picture+them+all+as+real+in+my+mind.&source=bl&ots=Cc0576pXjk&sig=iA88lFVoF5D_XqULuZvl2qaCBl4&hl=en&sa=X&ei=F1RrVIHSAsS0mwXI5oKYDA&ved=0CCkQ6AEwAg#v=onepage&q=Every%20night%20%28and%20sometimes%20during%20the%20day%29%2C%20when%20alone%2C%20I%20would%20start%20out%20on%20my%20journeys%20-%20see%20new%20places%2C%20cities%20and%20countries%20-%20live%20there%2C%20meet%20people%20and%20make%20friendships%20and%20acquaintances%20and%2C%20however%20unbelievable%2C%20it%20is%20a%20fact%20that%20they%20were%20just%20as%20dear%20to%20me%20as%20those%20in%20actual%20life%20and%20not%20a%20bit%20less%20intense%20in%20their%20manifestations.%20This%20I%20did%20constantly%20until%20I%20was%20about%20seventeen%20when%20my%20thoughts%20turned%20seriously%20to%20invention.%20Then%20I%20observed%20to%20my%20delight%20that%20I%20could%20visualize%20with%20the%20greatest%20facility.%20I%20needed%20no%20models%2C%20drawings%20or%20experiments.%20I%20could%20picture%20them%20all%20as%20real%20in%20my%20mind.&f=false

Your text initially said forefather, either way your intention was the same despite the error.

I have amended this in my text.

I don't know what you're talking about with "initially you said forefather" and needing to edit your post. I was just stating that "fore" means first or before...and that's why there's no current forefathers today. (You can't be both before and now... in terms of language at at least) I was replying the part where you jumped down my throat with demands and about there not being any "forefathers of many fields today".

Anddddd

My intention was to provide an unbiased opinion of Tesla in a Tesla thread. You might have missed that, though. You were too busy defending a man you've never met from a time you never experienced, all because someone else you've never met gave some contrast to your topic....Nice!

its almost like he was talking about chakras

anyways my friend showed me one of his free energy devices, he can build it too. it can power anything within a certain radius without cords.

id like to build one myself but it is fkin expensive

Edited by MooNiNite
  • Like 2

Seers; one very distinguishing characteristic by which they are known other than their vision, is their kindness and their humility. As such they are always walked upon in the West; by blind contriving idiots. Who are arguably the very cause of today's environmental catastrophe.

• Like 2

I know very little about the man, but I suspect he was someone to be admired and respected. That many of the negative things said about him were to discredit him. I think if he had been able to freely continue his work our world would not be as polluted, everyone would have free electricity, and we would be in cars powered by gravity.

I remember well the details of one of his experiments, lighting a field of light bulbs stuck in the ground. That information has been hidden, lost or repressed. It has set back mankind's technological development by at least a century. Plus if we could teach people to think like Tesla did when inventing something, seeing it there in the mind's eye and able to manipulate every part, can you imagine the benefits of this mental training?

I find it interesting that many ideas I have had for things correlate to inventions he had sketched out. I don't know why I have these ideas, how to honor any sort of inventor that may reside in me. But if I was ever able to, I would work very hard to get all of Tesla's writings, even the classified ones, and continue his research. I can not think of anything that would be a greater contribution to our society and our world.

If we master gravity, we master unlimited energy, and the ability to travel between galaxies effortlessly.

Edited by DreamBliss
  • Like 1

The world progresses by the vision and work of genius ... not by the decision and delusion of the masses or those that want to profit from them.

• Like 4

The world progresses by the vision and work of genius ... not by the decision and delusion of the masses or those that want to profit from them.

Most of them so far advanced that they go entirely unnoticed; The inability of human nature to recognise its own nature is paramount to its facility for following ridiculous subconscious directives.

It is time that reveals a few of these masters, and not by their doing.

• Like 3

Sign in to follow this