Audiohealing

Healing trauma

Sorry for all the threads but I decided to make a new one in case someone else might benefit from it, since it does, I suppose, apply to many of us. If this is one too many or in the wrong section, mods please feel free to move/delete at your discretion. It is not my intention to spam or annoy.

My question is how does one heal from a trauma? Say one is able to trace it back to an exact event, and even point out all the emotional/psychological/spiritual repercussions it had on one's life in the wake of it. Say one is also able to consciously relive that trauma, though fairly unpleasant, visualize it, feel what it felt like and what happened.

Well then, how do you then let go of the consequences of it? The guilt, shame, regret, sadness, fear, anxiety in the years following? The consequences of which, printed into your personality. How do you heal that?

In other words, if you don't really have a major problem reliving it consciously, how can you get rid of the subconscious aversion and fear mechanisms that are associated with it? :wacko:

• Like 1

Experiencing some massive revelations today, moving forward in healing. Reading about the role of the Large Intestine in letting things go... definitely spot on.

• Like 1

Trauma changes us - permanently.

Some of it is negative and in that negativity there is enormous potential for growth.

I'll paraphrase Anthony DeMello - pleasant experiences make life delightful, painful experiences are opportunities for growth.

There is no short or easy answer for how we recover from trauma.

It is extremely complex and I doubt anyone understands it fully.

Certainly there are many interventions and supports that can help -

- Psychotherapy - I have experience with Acceptance Commitment Therapy (ACT), elegant and simple methods that fit perfectly with an Eastern philosophical foundation. Cognitive Behavioral Therapy (CBT) and Cognitive Processing Therapy (CPT) are both proven methods for dealing with trauma and PTSD

- Meditation - I highly recommend professional guidance as meditation can lead to some very powerful and painful experiences in those with a history of serious trauma. There are predictable stages - at first there is benefit form a superficial relaxation of tension and stress, then there is a deepening when repressed emotion and memory can come to light, then there is a more profound healing that can occur. It is a long and potentially hazardous path.

- EMDR - Eye Movement Desensitization and Reprocessing is a method that has many supporters and also some critics

- Tension & Trauma Release Exercises (TRE) - Developed by David Bercelli is a very interesting approach that has enormous potential for some people

- Qigong methods can be very effective - again I'd strongly suggest guided practice as mentioned for meditation for similar reasons

- One thing that I think is fundamental is the understanding that healing from trauma is not an elimination of the memories or the damage but rather an integration, such that the trauma no longer rules one's life. Major trauma changes us irrevocably but skillful integration and adaptation of those changes can get us back to a healthy, productive; and possibly even richer anymore meaningful life.

I wish you the best in your journey and healing.

• Like 3

Reading about the role of the Large Intestine in letting things go... definitely spot on.

Yes Lung + Large Intestine. But also Liver as this organ regulates all the emotions + it runs deep and reaches anywhere in the subtle body...therefore trauma is located in every single corner. EVERYWHERE. From eyes to toes and everything in between.

Personally I'd recommend circle walking for an extended amount of time, years of practice, making sure it becomes a habit like brushing your teeth.

Use Chinese herbal medicine to provide extra relief and healing after purging toxic waste.

When I get to the point where I release it, I consider this functional healing.

When I release the self reminders about it, when I release the desire to relive it, I experience healing.

When I release the story that has grown in association with the act, that I retell, to others which perpetuates the energy pattern of the event, I experience relief and increased awareness of the only real thing... now.

How one gets to the point of releasing is not one path, but any...

Anyone who wishes healing from Trauma must eventually go through a physical and energetic retracing on the neurological and energy body level. The only therapies I have seen that do both are the Chinese Taoist Medicine form I teach and Clinical Qigong. If one can find a practitioner of these methodologies and stick with them for a bit it could go a long ways.

• Like 1

A Jyotisa or relativistic temporal study of the event can greatly help; when it becomes apparent that the timing of the event is intricately related to our moment of birth and our consequent flow of time; it then becomes apparent to us that that there are other forces at work, other than those of the moment its self; if we understand the implication of this, we then automatically detach from the event its self, or, we are better able to understand its cause and thus find peace.