Sign in to follow this  
GrandTrinity

Looking for a Buddah book

What is the best book on buddhism? If it covers esoteric energy meditations, perhaps that one would be the best? Give me one short book and one long, if you please.

Thank You

Which one?

Readings on the Six Yogas of Naropa -- by Glenn Mullin, Glenn H. Mullin (Translator); Paperback (Rate it)

Buy new: $11.53 -- Used & new from: $8.75

2. Tsongkhapa's Six Yogas of Naropa -- by Tson-Kha-Pa Blo-Bzan-Grags-Pa, Glenn H. Mullin (Translator); Paperback (Rate it)

Buy new: $18.95 -- Used & new from: $11.13

3. The Bliss of Inner Fire: Heart Practice of the Six Yogas of Naropa -- by Thubten Yeshe, et al; Paperback (Rate it)

Buy new: $11.53 -- Used & new from: $9.79

There's also Clear Light of Bliss.

Depends on whether you're just doing background reading or really intend to take the practice up:-

Background reading: Lama Yeshe's The Bliss of Inner Fire.

Taking practice up: All of them. Ignore the advice about the necessary qualifications to practice and preparation at your peril.

Trunk's site has some information on the Six Yogas.

rex

All sounds very esoteric. That's cool but it's a big turn off for me.

As I see it its necessary to have been practising for quite some time for the more esoteric stuff to serve as anything other than a wishy washy Star Wars fantasy. And, if you have been practising for quite some time then you will have found your own esoteric truths in the natural course of your practice.

There are too many books sold that purport to reveal esoteric secrets and not enough people dealing with the everyday realities of practicing effectively in the west.

Piss and moan, piss and moan, etc.

Sign in to follow this