Owledge

Someone attained Golden Dragon Body

Is this described in Taoist texts?

It's a Kunlun Nei Gung thing. Possibly derived from Mao Shan - I don't remember.

The moment I saw the golden dwarf statue unveiled, I knew what would be going to happen, and immediately this popped into my mind.

It was the second most enjoyable moment for me in that movie, out of two. (The most enjoyable was seeing the fat dwarf do a dual axe whirl in a barrel.)

Edited by Owledge
  • Like 1

Ahaha! cool

I really liked the opening scenes of the 1st Hobbit too

20130611-12511992-hobbitposter.jpg

I was born in the year of the dragon, does that help?

Edited by eye_of_the_storm
  • Like 1

Kunlun Kunlun and Gold dragon body

One of the highest achievements of doing Kunlun and Red Phoenix meditation is achieving GOLDEN DRAGON BODY.

Dragon body is in kunlun what Rainbow body is in Tibetan meditation traditions. Its where so much energy has been attained/collected and at will one can shift from body to emptyness and back from emptyness to body. Like it says in buddhist heart sutra - Form is emptyness and emptyness is form.

You may have heard / read in books of tibetan lamas and Indian asetics/gurus who when they passed away at will left the body and what was left was only hair and nails. I have heard that in Rainbow body, the space in atoms of body begins to contract and you shrink to nothing and disappear into light. But in dragon body instead one shifts due to energy and is able to come back.

One has so much energy that it may even start to happen itself. Few of high students of Max have attained Gold dragon body. One of his students Kan was in a coffee shop and people saw coffee cup fall down and his arm disappear. There are practices to stop it from happening.

http://meetandgrow.com/blogs/kunlun/archive/2009/03/08/kunlun-and-gold-dragon-body.aspx

Hm Pretty cooooooll..

Pretty funny though... why is a student of high degree in a coffee shop?

If his energy is "so much, etc" ... why the need for a stimulant... seems like a contradiction...

salt, spices, coffee, alcohol etc all stimulants that suppress and destabilize natural energy rise and flow

I'd question peoples attainment who can't resist stimulants.

Any "master" on these things I'd walk away from personally.

Hm Pretty cooooooll..

Pretty funny though... why is a student of high degree in a coffee shop?

If his energy is "so much, etc" ... why the need for a stimulant... seems like a contradiction...

salt, spices, coffee, alcohol etc all stimulants that suppress and destabilize natural energy rise and flow

I'd question peoples attainment who can't resist stimulants.

Any "master" on these things I'd walk away from personally.

Your rigid preconceptions are quite funny from my perspective, because it is applying conventionalism to something metaphysical.

That being said, one should also keep in mind that Max himself said that he's a trickster, so you shouldn't take everything at face value.

what rigid preconceptions do you mean?

I wouldn't mix convention and meta ... I think they are the same

If this was a joke of his then ok.

And trickster = being deceptive

there may or may not be value in that

So he either drinks coffee and doesn't have "so much energy"

or he was pretending to drink coffee... to? have a laugh? because people of such ability can only find amusement in tormenting people in a coffee shop.

supernatural trolls

I wonder if its true though.

Being lost in the formless, the physical body dissolves into pure light.

The pristine purity of the mind being like space.

what rigid preconceptions do you mean?

I wouldn't mix convention and meta ... I think they are the same

If this was a joke of his then ok.

And trickster = being deceptive

there may or may not be value in that

So he either drinks coffee and doesn't have "so much energy"

or he was pretending to drink coffee... to? have a laugh? because people of such ability can only find amusement in tormenting people in a coffee shop.

Wow, not meaning to be rude, but your line of reasoning is pretty messed up and confused.

Look, just because someone attained stuff with internal alchemy doesn't mean they're a levitating smiling buddha. Life goes on; that's one of the big lessons to learn after having made a big breakthrough.

It reminds me of this video:

where the local Christians couldn't believe that Buddhists eat pizza.

Those Buddhists look and talk like death, the pizza part isn't surprising

So many "masters" who look like death, overweight, smoke etc

I don't go to doctors... but if I did I wouldn't go to one that looked like death for health advise.

For me physical health. robustness/. strength, youthfulness are all part of attainment ...

"Masters" having heart failure... something is missing... in my reasoning... haha... they arn't even intune with their own bodies... how can I expect them to be intune with greater aspects of consciousness.

You'll have to demonstrate my errors otherwise how I am to learn through simple accusations.

I am enjoying this discussion too, I don't find your thoughts rude at all.

What you are kinda saying is that immature people have attained some level of super-natural ability and waste it in coffee shops pulling pranks? and that's "one of the big lessons" ?

Those Buddhists look and talk like death, the pizza part isn't surprising

For me physical health. robustness/. strength, youthfulness are all part of attainment ...

Oh my!

Your standards are more out-there than any DMT trip.

First, try to shed your subjectivity. Those buddhists look and talk healthy in my perception.

Maybe you have been blessed with a pampering start into life, but usually it's a challenge and not at all fair or a walk in the park. You gotta work with what you got, and the most profound insights often seem contradictory to the unexperienced mind. There's so much richness in life that doesn't follow fairy tale guidelines.

The best spiritual guide for you might be a fitness studio owner.

Well didn't the Buddha get food poisoning and die?

I know, right?! How can you claim to be a master and then manage to just die?

BTW I encountered a guy who I have no doubt has impressive and very advanced energy healing abilities, but he also clearly got massive career issues.

You can still learn the technique from him. Doesn't mean you have to become him, you know.

Smaug!

Hahahahahaha ppyaay.png

Frau Mahlzahn! :-)

Someone_attained_Golden_Dragon_Body.jpg

Not sure why you thought of Jim Button.

Edited by Owledge
  • Like 1

Frau Mahlzahn became the Goldener Drache der Weisheit! It's quite profound, in fact. It happened after she was towed down the river behind the boat that Jim and Lukas used in order save the children she had imprisoned. It was a kind of cleansing through water, perhaps a baptism? In any event, it's what all the dragons in Drachenstadt are hoping for, and Frau Mahlzahn is eternally grateful to her saviors:

In der Stadt der Drachen, hihi haha hoho,
da gibt es nichts zu lachen
hihi haha hoho,
wir müssen nämlich böse sein, hihi haha hoho,
bis jemand kommt uns zu befrein,
vom hi haha hoho,
vom hi haha hoho.

We have to be cruel and evil

till someone comes to free us

There's more to that book than meets the eye. True of all Michael Ende's works.

102_21.jpg

It was the first full-length book I read in German, and remains one of the best :-)

Edit -- something else about the dragons in the Drachenstadt. They're also clearly Fascists, and the pathetic little half-breed dragon Nepomuk is a refugee.

Buddha messed up hahah

For all the claims you'd think he would have picked that up... has 10s of millions of people bowing at plastic statues.

If you are happy with half ok people guiding you through life that is your choice

Bruce Lee may be a good example of body + mind

If you want to eat pizza, eat pizza... etc I am just saying it isn't ideal/ optimal

Would you water a plant with coke or rain water?

Would the plant who chooses rain water be making a better choice than a plant who chooses coke.

Based on that alone would you choose to learn from the plant who chooses to drink rain water (ideal to its nature) or the plant that drinks coke (destructive to its nature)

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bruce_Lee

Tao of Jeet Kune Do, he wrote

Training is one of the most neglected phases of athletics. Too much time is given to the development of skill and too little to the development of the individual for participation. ... JKD, ultimately is not a matter of petty techniques but of highly developed spirituality and physique.

According to Linda Lee Cadwell, soon after he moved to the United States, Lee started to take nutrition seriously and developed an interest in health foods, high-protein drinks and vitamin and mineral supplements. He later concluded that in order to achieve a high-performance body, one could not fuel it with a diet of junk food, and with "the wrong fuel" one's body would perform sluggishly or sloppily.[49]

I don't advocate "high-protein drinks and vitamin and mineral supplements"

But the general idea is good

high performance vehicle requires high performance fuels :D

Maybe there are better examples

Frau Mahlzahn became the Goldener Drache der Weisheit! It's quite profound, in fact. It happened after she was towed down the river behind the boat that Jim and Lukas used in order save the children she had imprisoned. It was a kind of cleansing through water, perhaps a baptism? In any event, it's what all the dragons in Drachenstadt are hoping for, and Frau Mahlzahn is eternally grateful to her saviors:

In der Stadt der Drachen, hihi haha hoho,

da gibt es nichts zu lachen

hihi haha hoho,

wir müssen nämlich böse sein, hihi haha hoho,

vom hi haha hoho,

vom hi haha hoho.

We have to be cruel and evil

till someone comes to free us

There's more to that book than meets the eye. True of all Michael Ende's works.

102_21.jpg

It was the first full-length book I read in German, and remains one of the best :-)

Edit -- something else about the dragons in the Drachenstadt. They're also clearly Fascists, and the pathetic little half-breed dragon Nepomuk is a refugee.

Pretty sure I used to watch this as a child, but I only remember the names.

So this was Michael Ende, too. Hm, Interestingly he seems to have preferred Asian style dragons, if I look at that picture and also considering the white dragon Fuchur (or some such) from Die Unendliche Geschichte.

What I do remember well from him though, and did rewatch, is Momo. Mandatory material for any wannabe anti-capitalist, haha. Really obvious but valuable processing of moral values and troubles of modern and adult-shaped society.

Now I'm wondering how many golden dragons there are in pop culture. I don't know whether the gold-coated Smaug was something they added for the movies, but here's another one with interestingly close relations to the Taoist version of golden dragon body - could also be seen as a fiery dragon, but kinda reminded me of the ... Taoist meme? LOL:

Edited by Owledge