Sign in to follow this  
3bob

evil has no inherent root

evil has no inherent root, it only last as long as it steals, twists, etc. thus take away the theft, twisting, fear, etc. and then all that is left is the real root. (in other words untwist spiritual darkness and fear then all that is left is fearless spiritual light)

• Like 2

Perhaps evil is inherited, rather than inherent; If so then we would most likely perceive our evil to be good ...

Edited by iain
  • Like 1

Perhaps evil is inherited, rather than inherent; If so then we would most likely perceive our evil to be good ...

Hehehe. Yes, you too have said something.

Good doesn't have an inherent root either ;).

I mean aside from these being man made concepts.

Exactly. We are born beyond dualities. Instinct causes us to be selfish. We have to learn to share.

• Like 2

evil has no inherent root, it only last as long as it steals, twists, etc.

It's pretty damned persistent then. When not active couldn't it be lurking and waiting for opportunities to manifest?

"Good" as the first manifested and unbreakable connection to non-dual Source of all -has its root to Source through said connection - along with good at that first universal matrix being giving, supporting, of first light-of first purity-of first heaven which is without theft, stealing, twisting or corruption of itself in fear or malice to lord it over on others - her golden white-light child who is all grown up stands resolute in that Sun of all myriad suns as friend to all beings.

Om

Edited by 3bob
  • Like 1

My take: the eternal, deathless and unchanging is the inherent root otherwise it would be corruptible and change-able, for instance the great Tao would then be corruptible and rootless. Also the connection between Tao and the One is unbreakable, thus the One is rooted to the inherent root.

• Like 1

It sounds to me as though we are squaring the circle here and might become all pi arsed looking for its root.

That said, 2 has a magic root and it is square ...

Edited by iain

My take: the eternal, deathless and unchanging is the inherent root otherwise it would be corruptible and change-able, for instance the great Tao would then be corruptible and rootless. Also the connection between Tao and the One is unbreakable, thus the One is rooted to the inherent root.

Yes, 3bob, but what you are speaking to is beyond good and evil. It is what it is. That is all. But I do agree with you, the Tao, the One, is incorruptible. We humans, on the other hand, ...

It sounds to me as though we are squaring the circle here and might become all pi arsed looking for its root.

That said, 2 has a magic root and it is square ...

No, actually, we are rounding the corners of the square. It then becomes a circle. Circles are good. So are cycles. Yes, two is special because it comes after one and before three.

"Evil" is merely manifested actions as a result of fear-thoughts.

The duality illusion is created by the two types of thoughts humans are capable of having, those of fear and those of Love.

All human thought origins are from Love or fear.

When one thinks fearful thoughts, one is living in evil. If you act upon your fearful thoughts, you are doing evil.

If you wish to cease doing evil, manifest mindfulness and choose loving thoughts.

Edited by Bud Jetsun

Well, I liked your post except for this statement.

All human thought origins are from Love or fear.

There is much more to life than that. And more complex as well.

• Like 1

Good doesn't have an inherent root either ;).

I mean aside from these being man made concepts.

Yeee eee ss .... but , in another way we can pretend it does have an inherit root ( eg; in the concept of Ma'at ) , the value is not in the image, but in what maintains the image ... the 'offerings unto it ' ... the outline of behaviour , the desired 'mind sets', the 'psychological exercises ' ... and actions that lead one to 'good' or 'bad' behavior.

One could consider the root of evil Angra Mainyu ( angry mind or spirit ) * - not his mythological actions or social politics, but an idea against 'tyranny' 'caste', cruelty to animals, polluting the elements, disrespecting the dog, animal sacrifice, taking drugs ( like speed - soma) in ritual ,,, to become enraged with Soma for battle ,,, to sweep all, before thee ... to be the thousand testicled one !

(ooops ... I even got a little carried away there just writing about it :wacko: )

* http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Angra_Mainyu

Edited by Nungali

No, actually, we are rounding the corners of the square. It then becomes a circle. Circles are good. So are cycles. Yes, two is special because it comes after one and before three.

Squaring the circle is still impossible, it currently involves a leap of faith that is π.

The square root of 2 is also an irrational number.

The square root of i is -1; giving the cartisian plane of imaginary numbers depending entirely upon this value.

All fantastical belief systems which are all very useful, non of them have any inherent evil.

Yet those of Cartesian linear thought, might well correlate irrationals to something frightening such as one who wields a trident ... When it is quite simply the case that some numbers live upon the planes and others in the mountains.

If you do not see a similarity between math (मथ्), good and evil; keep studying, there is geometry in everything; Including the Tao.

Edited by iain

Good, Evil, the 5 forces, and further splits, etc, are always there, they're always in the roots depending on how you percieve it. The one can exist without the 5 forces, and the 5 forces can exist without the one. Depending on where you begin, it's always going from 10 thousand back give or take a few million, to one... of from one back to the 10 thousand or so.

Which came first the chicken or the egg, either is just as likely as being the root of the cycle of chickenism.

Edited by z00se

Which came first the chicken or the egg, either is just as likely as being the root of the cycle of chickenism.

If you look closely you will observe that fish make eggs, to my mind though perhaps erroneously; They have been doing so since long before humans engineered chickens or rather domesticated them. Come on seriously; do you think chickens would survive in the wild?

The egg came first; brahmanda.

Edited by iain
  • Like 1

Sign in to follow this