Owledge

Caffeine experiences (mood alteration, motivation)

I don't drink coffee, tea (anmore), coke or energy drinks. I've only recently started again drinking frappé every now and then, maybe once every two days, and since it's mostly sugar, there should be little caffeine in it. So I wouldn't say I have developed a caffeine tolerance.

So I noticed that frappé gave me a nice motivational boost, and since I don't have many means easily available to combat the blues, I decided to explore this a bit more.

It seems there's something about the combined intake of caffeine and sugar, or maybe it's a psychological effect, who knows. But I started taking a 200 mg caffeine tablet whenever I get the kind of tiredness that I can identify as mood-induced. 200 mg should be quite a lot, but the effect it has on me is surprisingly moderate. While I do notice that it makes me somewhat more active and motivated, it's subtle. I'm definitely not worried about side effects, especially since it's said that one develops a bit of a tolerance after a while anyway, and neither about addiction, since there's nothing about its effect that excites me, haha.

Maybe the frappé effect really is connected to past memories or something, but since I started taking caffeine tablets, the frappé effect has become very little, too. Because frappé had such a massive positive effect, I started with 50 mg (quarter tablets), believing that micro dosage is the key, but that wasn't it. And even then, taking just 50 mg a day, the frappé lost most of its effect.

This might be one of the depressing chain of things I try that work at first, but once I try to emphasize more on it, it loses its effect. But as long as it makes even a little difference, it's definitely something I welcome.

What are your experiences in connection to dosage and mood alteration?

it's like a magnifying glass

Hm.

P.S.: Two objections about your signature. 1) When you are dead, you know you are dead. 2) Stupid people actually do know they're stupid. They're getting plenty of feedback. If they entertain mental convenience and/or lack of courage, they might deny it, but they will still know it beneath that suppression. The only exception would be if they didn't get proper feedback due to being in an environment of other stupid people, but then it probably won't pain others, or at least they have to moral highground to be pained by it.

I used to drink a ton of caffeine mainly in coffee. I occasionally drink green tea now but rarely coffee anymore. Stuff just started to burn me out and with my already fragile system I can barely tolerate it anymore. But when I was real healthy I loved the stuff. I think if your in good shape physically it can be a nice performance enhancer as long as you dont become hooked.(easier said than done) and if you dont think its addicting try having a starbucks everyday for 6 months then suddenly quit.....

Thing is though that while I enjoy sugar intake, the frappé effect was a wholly different thing. It made me feel ALIVE, you know.

and if you dont think its addicting try having a starbucks everyday for 6 months then suddenly quit.....

I'd say this depends on a person's addiction tendency and on what you take the caffeine for. I don't take it in order to function longer so that I can fulfill obligations. I merely take it to chase some 'moodiness' away.

Also, even if I developed a dependency on some substance. As long as it's as easy to acquire as caffeine and the results justify it, I don't really care (anymore). Life is too short to put extra difficulty on oneself just so that one can boast with their achievements.

Thing is though that while I enjoy sugar intake, the frappé effect was a wholly different thing. It made me feel ALIVE, you know.

I'd say this depends on a person's addiction tendency and on what you take the caffeine for. I don't take it in order to function longer so that I can fulfill obligations. I merely take it to chase some 'moodiness' away.

Also, even if I developed a dependency on some substance. As long as it's as easy to acquire as caffeine and the results justify it, I don't really care (anymore). Life is too short to put extra difficulty on oneself just so that one can boast with their achievements.

I agree I was just saying that If you did start having slight averse reactions to it, it really is a bitch to get off of. Lol the headaches alone are almost unbearable the first few days after quitting caffeine. But I agree the stuff is pretty harmless as long as its not overdone although there are plenty of people who think it does eventually put a pretty heavy strain on the adrenals, it does take a long time to clear out of ones system.