Sign in to follow this  
bindo

Kunlun; try this

when closing down the practice, ( feet flat on the ground, palm covering navel) Tilt your head backwards as if looking skyward. I've felt the energy quite strongly and began rocking side to side and also my upper body moving in a circular fashion, just like when in the "open" position, but there seems to be a different quality to the energy. I feel more surrendered to the energy in this position. Is it just me? :blink:

Cool.

What do you think when Sifu calls it awakening the "Dragon Body" in the book?

Sort of feels like that to me..awaking the inner Dragon inside or something?

When I practice lately, my head has been tilting back but it happens when I am in the practice and not closing down. I also notice my back arching and my arms extending out to the side a bit. I seem to start yawning a lot at this point so my mouth is wide open. Then I focus on the third eye and the energy gets strong for me at that point. Craig

That happened to me too quite a few times, mostly during my microcmic orbit meditation days. Don't know the reason either.

happens to me too during my aimless meditation. my head tilts back and i can feel pleasurable sensations in my third eye chakra.

imagine tilting your head back and saying "awwwww" yeah, exactly like that

Edited by mantis

I often get my head pushed backward, into the position of looking at the ceiling. I'd quite like to know what exactly the movement facilitates.

Interesting. This is also the body's natural urge during orgasm.

Tilt your head backwards as if looking skyward. .. feel more surrendered to the energy in this position. Is it just me? :blink:

It does open to a devotional feeling.

I had a period some while back where I'd be in that position. Looking back, it was a time of increased energy for me, and devotional in a way that emphasized the center and front. Very pleasurable. The gates of the spine crimp a little - and it is somewhat disengaged. I found ... well, it was just the position my body went into.. and effectively helped me initially ride the new energy, but I found that after a while (weeks?, months?: I forget) I found that I needed to deliberately straighten and lengthen my neck in order to connect front & back, up & down, in a more integral way.

Sign in to follow this