woodcarver

If you stop practicing, will you slowly become reconditioned?

practicing the good practice will nudge one closer to tao, but one will not fall from their progress when they quit.

practicing okay practice will slowly nidge one closer to tao, but that progress can be lost if practice is cut.

practicing poor practice will make no impact, but create the illusion that you are successful. you've moved nowhere, on a lot of effort.

practicing bad practice will get you bitches and hoes, and lots of drugs, but your perception will be totally fuckered up and you wont know which way is Tao and which way is lies.

Conditioning can be cleared but its very difficult for us to do it ourselves because our minds spend most of our energy trying to reinforce our delusions and create our false reality, so when it comes down to it we don't really want to clear our conditioning because we become identified with it.

Yet spiritual practice can be just another way we try to prop up our false identity so paradoxically stopping doing it could be a faster way to let it go, stop and be still and let everything be as it is and things return to their natural place and function. Doing something ourselves to get rid of conditioning can put you in a position of resistsnce against it which is the surest way to keep it alive.

• Like 2

Yet spiritual practice can be just another way we try to prop up our false identity so paradoxically stopping doing it could be a faster way to let it go, stop and be still and let everything be as it is and things return to their natural place and function.

Yes, it's all too easy to fall in love with your medicine.

I try to think of it as soap I'm applying to dirt. At the end of the process I'd like to be washed clean of both of them. :ph34r: