Sign in to follow this  
nova_b

Questions about my core; personal results of iron crotch qi gong, and practice to master the lower tan dien.

Check it out guys, I recently resumed more daily practice a couple months ago, I basically took a year off because mid last year was when I subsided for one reason or another. All my energetic doorways were closed and it took a couple weeks to even be able to meditate down to a depth that I know I'm capable of. Because of some personal problems in a relationship iron crotch qi gong was one of the things that lead me back to practice, when I was meditating daily last year I felt my LTD (Lower tan dien) was essentially a "hot stove" functioning very well, It made my mostly life long constipation problems dissipate, in fact these only returned within about a month or 2 after when I stopped meditation. But when I was meditating then I could for example enter horse stance and focus on expanding the energy in my core so much so that in no time my whole body would be covered in a dripping sweat and it would look like I just got through running a whole mile in under 8 minutes though I hadn't made a move at all(stillness).

Now after resuming practice, I feel My core is more open then ever I do not know the specific difference between your sacral/naval chakra and your tan dein and LTD but what I can say about iron crotch qi gong is some of the moves are very specifically core refining and conditioning. From general hand on stomach moves all the way up to even the slight ball pounding which shouldn't hurt but only help you to bring that awareness back to your core. None the less, now my core is back where it use to be or better, and I can focus down and expand my core energy to the point where I'm 'REALLY' dripping with sweat and hot, I take cold showers daily and so repeatedly put it to the test (especially during seated meditation on the shower floor.) It feels great to be able to breath this deep and properly again.

But please someone answer THIS QUESTION for me, even b4 when I was meditating daily last year I would awake in the morning with my stomach so bloated trying to breath down to my core too quickly would start to put stress my shoulders. It would stop eventually, I just would have to deep breath as much as I could to gradually belch it all up. My morning meditation would take care of this, and now its the same situation since I have resumed. Can someone tell me why my stomach is so bloated upon me waking up in the morning it really makes my core feel blocked off breath wise until I can burp it all up, it just takes time to send the breath to it but afterwards my core feels just fine again.

any answer is great

thanks all,

Edited by nova_b

In general it sounds like great progress. When I did Kaishan Golden Bell qigong (years ago), where there much time spent hitting various spots around the stomach, the physical aspect of the training gradually strengthens most of the internal organs, making them work better and more efficiently.

The stomach bloating, I don't know.. Hopefully there's a teacher in your art you can talk to about it. These very physical 'hitting' qigongs are best done with a live teachers guidance.

yea maybe thats it and i am eating too late into the night. Causing gas to build up in my stomach by the morning becauseof overnight digestion. Ill experiment and see what happens

• Like 1

yea maybe thats it and i am eating too late into the night. Causing gas to build up in my stomach by the morning becauseof overnight digestion. Ill experiment and see what happens

Good idea. Especially beware sugars and starches.

Sign in to follow this