Sign in to follow this  
BaguaKicksAss

mysql pw help? :(

In cpanel I changed the mysql pw. I figure I either got it wrong (diff than what the folks who installed a template for me set), or it was supposed to have no pw). Well I tried the pw that was there before, didn't work. Tried to have it with no pw... and well that isn't an option. Now my newly installed shopping cart doesn't work :(. Help? I would just take it all out and re-install, but I paid someone to install it to save me a day of figuring it out in the first place, arg.

Password is stored in config file in the cart folder. With PHP scripts it's often config.php, or similarly named file, but best to look into installlation instructions for that particular script.

Once you get it, you can either change the Mysql password to what is in the configuration file, or change the configuration file to your current mysql password.

• Like 1

I could do it for you for free, if you don't have any other takers, just going to sleep right now so next day, if you don't have any takers in the meantime. However you'd have to entrust me with ftp access and mysql password.

Or let me know the name of the script and I can check it for you and send instructions. That's, in case you are yourself comfortable with accessing the files somehow - you don't need to have FTP software installed for that I believe it might also be possible from cpanel.

Edited by Leif

Thank you! :) The folks who installed the template didn't think it was necessary to you know, email me the pw they used. I found it, and changed the cpanel configuration to reflect it.

While I was at it, I thought I would look in WHM, and, oh hey, might as well upgrade mysql while I'm there, since I get nag screens to do it... there went the server! LOL Found out later was supposed to upgrade something else too to go along with mysql; fortunately the nice folks at my hosting company did that part for me lol.

Now I have to figure out which files to replace to make my shopping cart the latest version, but not screw up the nice fancy template that was just installed (jerks used an old version of the software and didn't update it for me).

Next up, downloading and changing the products database files, then re-uploading them :D. All seems good to go accept things like "name of product" isn't anywhere to be found.... I could swear there was something better I could have been doing today... like posting on TTBS :D.

Zen cart.

They said it would be an extra $350 if I want their pretty template to work with the newest version of Zen. They can go fuck themselves. (the template cost $150 to begin with).

I have it half upgraded, just need to figure out which files I can replace and which I cannot. The template uses different sized tables, and also different graphics of course. It's worth figuring it out to save $350.

Zen cart.

They said it would be an extra $350 if I want their pretty template to work with the newest version of Zen. They can go fuck themselves. (the template cost $150 to begin with).

I have it half upgraded, just need to figure out which files I can replace and which I cannot. The template uses different sized tables, and also different graphics of course. It's worth figuring it out to save $350.

$350 isn't that much for an update. With Prestashop it wasn't even possible, totally different tables. Zencart is too long ago to for me, alas.

But, if you can find the table with the accounts, you can try to replace the password, which is probably encrypted using MD5. There are tools available online which can encrypt normal strings to MD5.

• Like 1

$350 for an update? If I could do it in cpanel with fantastico, it would have only taken 30 seconds :P. I'm definitely not paying someone $350 for something that doesn't require coding. Most especially since people shouldn't be selling out of date templates without warning folks.

I have both the template files, as well as the newest zen cart update files. I'll have to look through them... it tells me that my database needs patching to a higher level.

What would I need a pw for? I'm hoping there isn't another passworded section. If you mean the original question, found it :).

Have it 90% figured out.... on my other site.... how to upgrade the template myself. Good thing, not like I have a spare $350 (and if I did, I would pay it to anyone but the people who sold and charged me extra to install, a very out of date template).

Guess I should have just installed it myself, wouldn't have had this try to upgrade things problem *grumble*. Have installed it and the newest zen cart on 2 of my other sites for figuring things out purposes.

• Like 1

I got a new version zen cart, installed it, then installed the theme/template overtop of it myself. Voila, the newest updated version of zencart, and pretty template. Only took an hour. Why did I just not do this in the first place?

Anyways, does anyone on here use zencart? When I tried another shopping cart ages back I was able to download the csv file, add a whole bunch of products using open office, then re-upload it via ftp. Instead of adding things one by one using the front end. I see that there are databases sitting there in phpmyadmin.... zencart seems much more confusing than the other shopping cart though with so many databases. Also I tried once and it didn't re-upload in a way which didn't break the whole site lol (I tried on a spare install, not my main one fortunately).

I have over 1000 products to add if one includes all of the different options for some of them.... so don't want to do this one by one.

Sign in to follow this