Sign in to follow this  
Tibetan_Ice

Lama stabs and shoots his students

From "the Union of Dzogchen and Bodhicitta by Anyen Rinpoche"

http://www.amazon.com/Union-Dzogchen-Bodhichitta-Anyen-Rinpoche-ebook/dp/B002BA4HRE/ref=tmm_kin_swatch_0?_encoding=UTF8&sr=&qid=

A few days later, Lama Chupur visited Gvage Drubtob again, but this time he asked his Lama to give him the oral instructions. Gvage Drubtob shouted, "What Teachings do you want?," and suddenly unsheathed a long sword. He stabbed the sword into the back of Lama Chupur's thigh. Lama Chupur was terrified. He wanted to cry out, but he could not do so in the presence of his Lama. So instead, he pulled the sword out and covered the wound with his hand. But he soon realized that it did not hurt much. After a moment, he rubbed his fingers over the wound and found that it was gone. Next, he examined his hand and found that there was not even a single drop of blood on it.

Lama Chupur's meditation on the uncontrived view was already quite deep at that time. However, because of his devotion and unfailing pure perception, he received the blessings of his Lama and attained a direct introduction to the nature of mind that is known as a "wrathful introduction." Lama Chupur told me many such stories, in which Gyage Drubtob shot his students with guns or terrified them in other ways in order to heighten their pure perception and directly give them the oral instructions.

Is that what it is all about? Heightened perception?

Have to admit, if someone pulled a gun out on me, he'd have my undivided attention, that's for sure!!

Edited by Tibetan_Ice
  • Like 3

http://www.amazon.com/Union-Dzogchen-Bodhichitta-Anyen-Rinpoche-ebook/dp/B002BA4HRE/ref=tmm_kin_swatch_0?_encoding=UTF8&sr=&qid=

Have to admit, if someone pulled a gun out on me, he'd have my undivided attention, that's for sure!!

sometimes i wonder if dreams work towards waking people up. they can be very similar

• Like 1

Why hello!

What this is about is an extreme form of "direct introduction."

It would seem that Gvage Drubtob was a siddha or Mahasiddha thus the wound closing and disappearing.

Bottom line: If you haven't heard about a particular person, they could just be crazy and not a siddha or Mahasiddha.

Don't believe everything you read or see or hear.

Bye Bye now........

Stefos

Stunned or startled awareness is like a bridge across to the unconditioned mind.

Would you call the "unconditioned mind" the natural state, or what is being introduced by the transmission of Dzogchen gurus?

Once, when I was 16, I got into a motorcycle accident. I broadsided a station wagon and as my body flew over the station wagon and landed on the pavement, I watched the whole event from about 50 feet away. My 'point of view' was just a location in this huge darkish space and the whole scene looked like a movie in slow motion.

Another time, I was meditating at work during a break and suddenly, my point of view shifted to be about 4 feet in back of the body. I got up from the meditation session and walked back to my desk like that. The whole outer world was just a scene that I was watching and somehow controlling (I could still do things) but from a huge open darkish space that didn't have much else in it. The effect finally wore off after about a 1/2 hour.

Another time, I had been meditating in the park and later I walked into a supermarket to buy food. The same sort of event took place. Except, this time, the whole external scene became a small round circle of pictures displaying above the forehead about 10 feet away, while my point of view was in this large darkish space just watching.

These events lead me to believe it is not only through shock that one can reach this state..

That huge darkish space... what else would you call it? The Natural state? Rigpa? Dharmadatu?

Edited by Tibetan_Ice

sometimes i wonder if dreams work towards waking people up. they can be very similar

Absolutely, particularly if they are lucid dreams.

Bridging the gap between the sleeping dream and the waking dream is very helpful, IMO.

• Like 3

Limited bodhicitta practiced in the waking state will be transformed into limitless bodhicitta in the dream state, which is of great benefit to dedicated spiritual aspirants.

So, we practice doing a little good habitually, within the limits of our physical form, accumulating this merit day by day - there will come a time when the altruistic force of the accumulations will pervade our dreams in very apparent ways. Eventually, as the gap between dream and wakeful moments begin to narrow, we can notice that altruistic wishes, whenever activated during waking moments, for example during formal practice sessions, will instantly arouse bliss, clarity and non-thought. A sort of loop will be effected so that dream states can also be imbibed with these three qualities. Gradually, the seemingly dualistic states will fade into the background and one becomes more and more awake.

• Like 2

I recently had three lucid dreams in one night.

In each one, I was faced with a situation and began to react in a very familiar, habitual, and conditioned pattern (one involved sex and two involved violence).

And in each one, as I began to fall into the habitual pattern I became fully lucid of the dream state and my reaction.

I immediately told myself that this was not how I wanted to lead my life and that I did not want to waste such a precious opportunity (lucidity). In each circumstance I completely change my reaction to the situation.

Good stuff!

• Like 2

I recently had three lucid dreams in one night.

In each one, I was faced with a situation and began to react in a very familiar, habitual, and conditioned pattern (one involved sex and two involved violence).

And in each one, as I began to fall into the habitual pattern I became fully lucid of the dream state and my reaction.

I immediately told myself that this was not how I wanted to lead my life and that I did not want to waste such a precious opportunity (lucidity). In each circumstance I completely change my reaction to the situation.

Good stuff!

Dang....I have dreams and I need to gain more control of them.

They are not fully under my control....yet.......Muhahahahahahahhahahah (Extended Halloween laugh)

Stefos

Sign in to follow this