Sign in to follow this  
Songtsan

Only Beings of Compassion should be born among the ruling classes

The time has come for history to repeat itself again. At the end of this era, we have seen what pollution does to our planet, what the poverty and lust for greed does to our mother Gaia. What this means is that our ruling classes are polluted and they should be replaced. Methinks there is an interesting solution. We who are of immortal body status, having secured our status as Metta providers, knowing how to be reborn into new bodies as we will, should be born into the bodies of the children of the ruling classes. I say this to those who know how to do this, as I do. This is our time to take a chance, so-to-speak, and get off our asses and do something about this mess. This Earth is real and we do not own it, nor does it own us. We are a part of it and it stinks that these amazing feats of technology we are witnessing cost so much as far as pollution is concerned. Let's use our immortal Body powers to keep this place safe and secure, instead of seeking to selfishly seek safe covens of safety in the sky. We can build a better place here too, you know.

Just saying.

• Like 1

Um, what are immortal Body powers?

Sorry, I was in a manic state...still, the intent of the post is good...why don't the enlightened manifest as political leaders? It's a quandary I always wondered. Is suffering a good thing then?

• Like 1

I am not on board with any project to change the "ruling class" by fooling with their breeding program. I would rather see them lose their monopoly on power and the influence that power imparts upon what happens next. That could only happen as a change in our culture, not as a reboot of the theme of Enlightened Depotism.

That is not to say the smart despotism solution is not awfully darn attractive at times.

But the temptation needs to be set aside as a shortcut that leads to nowhere.

If the "empire" as presented in classical texts is a valid idea, I reject the idea it is simply the continuance of one family's fortune over the fortunes of another.

Um, what are immortal Body powers?

I don't really know..I am just guestimating from bits and pieces of knowledge and I assume that once when gets to a certain level of cultivation, they can enter the astral plane at will, or other etheric planes, manifest as deities, see through other eyes, and choose bodies to be born in...

I am not on board with any project to change the "ruling class" by fooling with their breeding program. I would rather see them lose their monopoly on power and the influence that power imparts upon what happens next. That could only happen as a change in our culture, not as a reboot of the theme of Enlightened Depotism.

That is not to say the smart despotism solution is not awfully darn attractive at times.

But the temptation needs to be set aside as a shortcut that leads to nowhere.

If the "empire" as presented in classical texts is a valid idea, I reject the idea it is simply the continuance of one family's fortune over the fortunes of another.

I think that alot of beings who become fully achieved simply choose to leave this plane. I just wonder whether or not they think that it doesn't matter what goes on 'down here.' Who knows, maybe it doesn't and things are exactly fine the way they are. I have entertained and accepted this possibility.

I think that alot of beings who become fully achieved simply choose to leave this plane. I just wonder whether or not they think that it doesn't matter what goes on 'down here.' Who knows, maybe it doesn't and things are exactly fine the way they are. I have entertained and accepted this possibility.

One facet of the classical texts that fascinates me is the way ostensibly purely personal pursuits end up influencing "this plane." The people who wrote these words were obviously very interested in how forms of life connected with each other.

I see it this way: The goal is not to gain entrance to an escape module. It is to stand in the middle of life and take what comes without fear.

• Like 1

We are all beings of compassion, we just get distracted soon after birth.

IMO...

We are all interconnected-beings... often distracted by compassion, love, and every emotion which exists...

We are all interconnected-beings...

• Like 1

I think I lost my way for a while. I forgot that beings of compassion can become too altruistic and begin to try to push an agenda, in which case they are no longer compassionate. As an example, Ghandi once encouraged his followers to destroy temples that were thousands of years old which depicted sexual imagery of the Tantric sort. So I would say that this is overcompensating...or leaving the nest of equanimity. Any act of proselytizing is this too. Trying to change someone to meet your own ideal, even if it seems that they will be better off, is unwarranted, if one wishes to be wise. What one does is offer the 'Change-help' that is requested at the appropriate moment, nothing more. This is a true being of compassion.

whoever those "higher beings" or compassionate "immortals" are follow higher laws and are directed by Spirit already, thus not by purely human standards or motives.

Lets consider saintly people. No powers, just really good, ethical people. Perhaps being involved in politics, its compromises and a bit of the decadence, long enough causes a body to be less saintly.

I ran a business and being a boss you gain perspective that a regular employee doesn't have. There are decisions that look Dickish that you make. Every major decision, will be considered unfair to someone and make some group unhappy. Unless its a compromise in which case, often all the groups are unhappy.

The truth is; most of the time there are not perfect solutions. Getting things done, as well as any changes are met with resistance and suspicion even when motives are clean.

• Like 1

What should or should not, rarely has any basis in reality.

As what really should be happening, is.

• Like 1

whoever those "higher beings" or compassionate "immortals" are follow higher laws and are directed by Spirit already, thus not by purely human standards or motives.

I question this to some degree, because we ourselves are spirit and can direct ourselves through free will. Perhaps this desire of mine is something that I will choose to do some lifetime.

A

Lets consider saintly people. No powers, just really good, ethical people. Perhaps being involved in politics, its compromises and a bit of the decadence, long enough causes a body to be less saintly.

I ran a business and being a boss you gain perspective that a regular employee doesn't have. There are decisions that look Dickish that you make. Every major decision, will be considered unfair to someone and make some group unhappy. Unless its a compromise in which case, often all the groups are unhappy.

The truth is; most of the time there are not perfect solutions. Getting things done, as well as any changes are met with resistance and suspicion even when motives are clean.

Actually, not true!

I aim to be a Mahasiddha. And why not?

A Actually, not true! I aim to be a Mahasiddha. And why not?

I think thats a great aim, but since you ask.. a great holy saintly guy like the Dalai Lama, is exiled and has pretty much lost his country.

• Like 1

But, if they are truly practicing non-attachment, then they should not be concerned that they lost this seat of power. I sympathize with their struggle, but it has happened a thousand thousand times to a thousand thousand cultures. Our very identity is like the Mandala made of sand. One day there will be no Tibetans, no Buddhists, no Muslims, and so forth. Yet we will all remain regardless. In practicing non-attachment, which is the highest seat of power available, I can easily diffuse and destroy my desire in the original post.

My posts are almost always self limiting, like Mandalas....

Of course, in practicing non-attachment, one should also not be attached to doing nothing so we can take steps to create the reality we wish to see, as long as we remain detached from results. This equals bliss.

Edited by Songtsan
  • Like 1

IMO...

We are all interconnected-beings... often distracted by compassion, love, and every emotion which exists...

We are all interconnected-beings...

A few permutations on this theme -

We are all interconnected-being.

A direct experience of this being is a direct experience of profound love and absolute compassion of the earth shattering variety.

These are not emotions but the very ground of being. There are a variety of relative emotions that we refer to as love and compassion and so on, which are different from what I am referring to, but familiarity with these relative emotions may be useful in opening us to and reminding us of the absolute.

Just a few words thrown together for fun.

FWIW

• Like 2

Sign in to follow this