Wells

Forum terms & rules improvement suggestion

In this forum, rules should apply like in the scientific community: Persons who are unable (or unwilling) to formulate coherent theories with all necessary details for others to follow them and in a logical train of thoughts and without the support of good evidence should be suspended and banned eventually, not the guys whose tone becomes rough when confronted with unsufferable BS comments & claims.

• Like 2

Excellent! And I get to be the one who decides which theories and arguments meet TTB's standards and who gets banned, right?

• Like 5

Excellent! And I get to be the one who decides which theories and arguments meet TTB's standards and who gets banned, right?

As you prove unable to process my critique in a constructive manner, no.

• Like 2

As you prove unable to process my critique in a constructive manner, no.

Well, setting aside for the moment the fact that your suggestion is in direct conflict with the forum owner's egalitarian directive, I personally find most of your "logic" to be profoundly lacking and I find your reaction to challenge to be egoistic and hostile. When you say something I consider worthy of being taken seriously, I take you seriously.

This is not one of those times.

BTW, you may want to do a little arithmetic some day on your imagined intellectual uniqueness on this forum... ;)

• Like 1

Me, egoistic?

You should consider that I am in fact one of the few guys making threads with offering detailed training instructions which I think might be useful to others and you should mark the correspondent "likes" and comments.

Many other members hide behind intellectual elitism and because of that never offer helpful training information to others and seem only to participate in discussions for purely egotistic reasons without even realizing it.

should

See, this is where i stopped taking this thread seriously. Shoulds and Should-nots only apply to the person offering them. Anything more than that and you are just getting hung up on outcomes and trying too hard.

• Like 3

In this forum, rules should apply like in the scientific community: Persons who are unable (or unwilling) to formulate coherent theories with all necessary details for others to follow them and in a logical train of thoughts and without the support of good evidence should be suspended and banned eventually, not the guys whose tone becomes rough when confronted with unsufferable BS comments & claims.

The Tao Bums is not an elitist forum but I do believe that the Mod Team attempt to make it a place where good debate and good manners are valued.

Those possessed of cleverness masquerading as wisdom should examine themselves and their motives very closely before making suggestions regarding supposed improvements.

Any improvements to the forum should be aimed at making it a place where seekers can comfortably exchange ideas, opinions and information. It will hopefully never prove a refuge for the elitist and the fanatic.

• Like 2

Persons who are unable (or unwilling) to formulate coherent theories with all necessary details for others to follow them and in a logical train of thoughts and without the support of good evidence should be suspended and banned eventually, not the ..

The quoted-above dialog points out the fact that those criteria are too largely a matter of opinion. All a moderator would have to say is, "it doesn't make sense to me" or something only a very small step away from "that's just not the way I see it, at all".

It's a nice idea/motive/aesthetic, that it'd be great to have more clear communication from each person, but unworkable to enforce / organize upon via management action. Where it needs to come from, is from each person, unforced. :)

Edited by Trunk
  • Like 6

A big problem is that lots of users on this forum are New Age idiots and applying any kind of serious quality control would probably mean banning majority of the members.

• Like 1

A big problem is that lots of users on this forum are New Age idiots and applying any kind of serious quality control would probably mean banning majority of the members.

Easiest solution might be for you and Zoom, who are both active on MPG's site and the other Neigong forum to stay there and ignore this one. You can swear up a storm on MPG's site and he doesn't care, hell he'll his style. On the Neigong site you can likewise call people idiots all you want and that board doesn't mind.

Frankly I don't don't think this site is the problem (not that its perfect). If you have problems with it, don't come here. The other two sites were literally made for you. Face it, you're not going to change this forum. Its an open eclectic site, quite successful I might add. At its best its a community for sharing ideas. Even the new age ones, even the ones beginners have. As well as the sharing of some pretty deep practitioners who have decades of experience.

Edited by thelerner
  • Like 3

How come im not at all surprised that Zoom gave a thumbs up to the post labelling the majority of TTB members

as 'new age idiots'. Narew might want to consider rewording that glaring remark because it reflects badly on TTB.

Quite sad actually.

• Like 1

Easiest solution might be for you and Zoom, who are both active on MPG's site and the other Neigong forum to stay there and ignore this one.

That's almost a good solution. Almost, because there's always this 1% of content which is worth reading.

You can swear up a storm on MPG's site and he doesn't care, hell he'll his style. On the Neigong site you can likewise call people idiots all you want and that board doesn't mind.

I don't feel the need to swear, if by that you mean vulgar words.

I DO however have a problem with idiots.

Its an open eclectic site, quite successful I might add.

If by "quite succesful" you mean appealing to New Age idiots, then yes.

Face it, you're not going to change this forum.

I find it sad, but I agree. My previous post contains the reason why.

But still, I think that new users should be warned this is a low quality New Age forum. Perhaps some kind of special disclaimer should be made about that, in order to warn them. Maybe a change of name, like to "New Age Bums"?

Edited by Narew
  • Like 1

That's almost a good solution. Almost, because there's always this 1% of content which is worth reading.

I don't feel the need to swear, if by that you mean vulgar words.

I DO however have a problem with idiots.

If by "quite succesful" you mean appealing to New Age idiots, then yes.

I find it sad, but I agree. My previous post contains the reason why.

But still, I think that new users should be warned this is a low quality New Age forum. Perhaps some kind of special disclaimer should be made about that, in order to warn them. Maybe a change of name, like to "New Age Bums"?

~~~ ADMIN NOTICE ~~~

Narew has been suspended until the mods decide whether TTB is the place for him to lambast TTB because he can only read 1% of a forum he insults/belittles with an inciting attitude.

~~~ / ADMIN OUT ~~~

• Like 3

It is only fair that I reply to the OP...

I think the answer has been given; based on Brian's reference to TTB's 'egalitarian directive' and as Trunk points out (with the insight of an Admin) about how subjective it would get in the end, this is not a strong position we'll take.

I would agree that posters would do better to communicate and discuss, even when disagreeing. I know this has been a sore issue in certain sub-forums and some feel by the usual suspects.

For now, I would only encourage members to 'know when to hold them and know when to fold them'; silence is one way to stop a person's posting which nobody responds to.

And report posts as needed but it needs to be some violation of rules or spam, or inciting, etc.

The gray area is when someone's posting style is just irritating. Members are free to report this but these often go without action but the staff does review any reports. We'll let someone know if they are just reporting too many issues and there is not much we plan to do yet...

• Like 1