Sign in to follow this  
kudos100

Positive stories of healing from pain and illness using taoist, buddhist or other practices please

I'm in a pretty bad place at the moment. A variety of mental and physical health problems, combined with being in pain has ground me down to a point where I have lost hope and am struggling to see a way forward.

I try to maintain the view that it can take months and years of chipping away to see real changes, but feel overwhelmed by the amount of difficulties I am up against and that so many practices make some of my problems worse.

Rather than asking for healing, I would like to ask members to post either their own or other people's stories of healing using the practices discussed on this forum.

Breakthroughs you have made, obstacles along the way and stories of your progress along the path are most welcome.

Thanks.

• Like 1

Last year I was agonizing over my hemorrhoid as it had gotten worse over the days. After having to poop with that damned thing, I got a little desperate. Since I had nothing to lose and I did not want surgery, I just sat at my desk and recited "namo guan yin bodhisattva". After a few recitations I suddenly sneezed, which caused my hemorrhoid to abruptly pop. No pain, no complications afterwards. Showered, then went about my day. Pretty funny huh?

I experienced psychosis for a few months or more...like the kind where I was actually apprehended by police at one point and taken into a ward against my will......but I healed it through this practice, as well as through teaching myself to realize when a thought seems conventionally crazy or not, and letting go of any ideas that are not totally grounded in the mundane material reality...as well as not needing to know the hidden truth of things, which I thought I had access to. Psychosis in my unqualified opinion, is usually a combination of irrational thinking, and a mental/nervous system that makes connections which normal people don't. Like the mind's filter is just not there.

Today, as a result of what I practiced, I'm 99% cured, but there is still that 1% of me that will likely always feel not right, especially due to the emotionally traumatic nature of the experience. But the practice that's linked is exceptional for getting calm and normalized. It's similar to Buddhism's "calm abiding meditation on an external support". It can be really good to do in the morning, because it releases the mind and lets you flow more with life...really helpful for when you have to socialize with others. If the sense of self is flowing rather than stuck, then you have a much easier time.

Also, years back I had strange health symptoms. Practicing the kunlun method took care of those after a few months. Blood pressure went down, genital problems normalized, anisocoria stopped altogether, skin problems ceased. That can be a good practice for strange physical issues, especially if you're also seeing a Chinese Medicine practitioner, who can take care of any other little things. For instance, I noticed that my upper neck would get a stagnation from practicing...perhaps due to the body trying to detox old stuff out. But it would have helped greatly if I just did some gua sha on the upper back and neck and took some ge gen. So yeah, maybe give kunlun method or yigong a shot, although it probably won't cure everything.

AND...I was in a rut in my life the past few years. This is more spiritual, whereas the first was mental and emotional, and the second was mostly physical. So for spiritual problems, something that truly helped me, was to pray to God (and all the good helpers, whatever you prefer to call them) for guidance, protection, communion, communication, help, understanding and wisdom, to show me my path, etc. Truly pray for these things that you're having trouble with. My life has been turning around miraculously, and some of my other family members and friends have also been getting sudden improvements in their own lives. Getting out of their own ruts. Prayer can open things up in a way that you didn't think of, but which is totally appropriate for you. It's good for your life, to connect with the most positive forces.

As for what you're going through, you may try the aforementioned things...but something that also comes to mind is simply making a list for what you need to work on. It's important not to be overwhelmed with what you need to do in your day to day life...putting it down on paper gets it out of your head, and then it's just a matter of taking action on each item one by one. Soon enough, the list is gone.

You should know that you can achieve what you set your mind to, and what you're willing to work for. It is possible to get the life that you want. So for one, you should make a list (and constantly revise it) for what you want your life to be like. Think of it like a fun game, where you are designing your ideal life as well as your ideal self (the type of person you want to become). Then make a list for the ways you can begin to cause those things to happen. Real, actionable, items on that list. You have it within you to make these things happen.

Struggles are sometimes a near constant part of life. But they are meant to be stepping stones along the path, and ways of learning through experience, rather than something that weighs you down and makes life simply miserable. So, it's good to stand up and face these obstacles you're having, as a spiritual warrior. Perhaps that is the quickest way through.

Best of luck.

• Like 4

Hello, Kudos

From my own experience, find a teacher. Find one who teaches qigong and who you feel is good for you. Talk to them, tell them what you are going through and do what they say.

My own healing journey-

I was born with an underdeveloped digestive system and liver. Along with some damage done to my skeletal system during birth. The digestion issues showed up quickly and the doctors said I would outgrow it. I never did. The same with my liver.

Various other traumas happened, falling 5 feet onto the back of my head at around 2, running into a table that hit the bridge of my nose at 3, etc.

My overall condition continued to worsen over time, gradually increasing in the speed of malfunction. Migraines daily, vomitting 2-5 times a day, pains, aches, fatigue and other symptoms started to manifest as a daily occurence around 5. This contined to deepen until deeper organs were now starting to malfunction. By 14, the doctors said I would have to wear diapers at 18 and may never eat again if it was not fixed. They just had no idea as to why it was happening. They never did.

Add in some psychosis, break with reality/ identity and suicidal/homicidal rages, that went on through to 18. At 18, I was able to stablizie my mental scape enough to graps reality.

At 18, my father died and he left me a bit of money which I used to go find a healer. I did not find my teacher until 22. I had gone through various healing methods, none healing the root or anywhere near the root. I was able to function somewhat as my body had adapted as best it could. I was still dying and felt it everyday. After I found my teacher, he taught me Wild Goose QiGong and that is the first thing that actually started to heal my body. That healing has brought me to a place where I can now live. I can work, I can travel, I can have sex, I can function. Sure, I still have limits and my body does get fatiqued easily enough. Its also sensitive to lots of foods and substances. I am a completely different person. No longer a walking ghost, waiting for death to finally come.

All this to say, you can be dying and heal. You can have no idea whats wrong and heal.

Great luck to you.

• Like 4

I had chronic arthritic pain in both thumbs, and can attest somewhat anecdotally(no such word, but I like the sound of it ;) ) that this was caused by years of practicing eye gouges within the framework of my martial arts practice.

Having got extremely tired of the intense pain caused by such simple things as opening a jar, or even writing, I was at wits end. At the same time, I was researching for an unrelated health issue, the efficacy of Qigong . Low and behold after practicing Zhang Zhuang for a while, I began to notice pronounced improvement in my thumbs. To date, it is the rare day that I feel any arthritic pain in the joints of my thumbs. I do not, nor ever have taken any medicine for this problem, and did not intentionally seek out with my Qigong practice this cure. I must therefore conclude that channeling of my Chi energy through my thumbs created a cure or at least a prolonged reduction in my condition.

This is what I have experienced, other peoples experiences my differ... ;)

Alex

When I was younger I thought that working with heavy construction would make me more of a man, so I got a job as a scaffolder. The hard work landed me in the doctors office with carpal tunnel syndrome and trigger finger on both hands. The doctor ordered two types of surgery on each hand/wrist. I got home and ramped up my newly begun Zhan Zhuang practise to 1h+/day. I did the 5 health stances from Lam Kam Chuens "Way of energy", and after a couple of weeks I didn´t need to break open my hands every morning. After a couple of month I was completely healed.

And yes, quit my job. Desided I was man enough without it...

• Like 4

When I was younger I thought that working with heavy construction would make me more of a man, so I got a job as a scaffolder. The hard work landed me in the doctors office with carpal tunnel syndrome and trigger finger on both hands. The doctor ordered two types of surgery on each hand/wrist. I got home and ramped up my newly begun Zhan Zhuang practise to 1h+/day. I did the 5 health stances from Lam Kam Chuens "Way of energy", and after a couple of weeks I didn´t need to break open my hands every morning. After a couple of month I was completely healed.

And yes, quit my job. Desided I was man enough without it...

Nice book 'Way of Energy'. One of my first introductions to Qigong. Good to hear your hands are better...I can relate.

Alex

• Like 1

Sign in to follow this