Sign in to follow this  
4bsolute

Breath: Cold sensation while meditating

Meditating, breath in breathing tube gets a cold feeling to it. Like as if one would in- and exhale with a throat covered in eucalyptus fluid. Very pleasant

Any similar experience and can explain his/her findings from there?

With love

• Like 1

Hi 4bsolute. I focus my breathing during meditation in my lower tan tien, so I don't get that cool sensation. That said, your experience sounds interesting, maybe others are forthcoming. :)

Alex

Meditating, breath in breathing tube gets a cold feeling to it. Like as if one would in- and exhale with a throat covered in eucalyptus fluid. Very pleasant

With love

Yes I have experienced this coldness. Does it accompany the left and right nostrils and passageways feeling very clear and unobstructed?

shoot for getting there using just the diaphragm and gut mechanics, and its the next level, air feels superfluid

shut that olfactory nerve up and its resonance is no longer excitatory ;)

Edited by joeblast
  • Like 1

Around that point is when the gasp reflex to breathe stops completely... Then everything starts to melt away. You can get some real work done in that state. I'm still cautious about taking it too far, though.

when you do it right, you never encounter any sort of gasp reflex. if you hit that then you are trying to progress too quickly. the way I am describing is to slowly bridge your practice across the chasm, getting towards the cusp of but not hitting the body's feedback mechanisms, since this is all about setting up an ongoing dynamic that easily gets established every time you sit down for a session. its why I advocate spending so much time on really working through breath mechancis, and even when you've got it down well, you keep going with it, because this is a dynamic habit energy that gets set up. you dont just shut these nerves up, you have to do it by amassing habit ;)

• Like 1

shoot for getting there using just the diaphragm and gut mechanics, and its the next level, air feels superfluid

shut that olfactory nerve up and its resonance is no longer excitatory ;)

well actually you dont need to do anything. as you can see i did not conceptually know what "i" (whoever that is) was doing and "it" appeared naturally.

so you really dont need to chase some artificial goals, it is all natural to all human beings.

Yes I have experienced this coldness. Does it accompany the left and right nostrils and passageways feeling very clear and unobstructed?

yes, left and right nostrils are clean and very clear to breathe through. everything is super smooth.

Around that point is when the gasp reflex to breathe stops completely... Then everything starts to melt away. You can get some real work done in that state. I'm still cautious about taking it too far, though.

yes I have noticed similar.. or something on that line.. i cant really recall it because it was not really happening consciously for me now. I noticed myself like "away" but still here, not really daydreaming or unfocused, something different and then recognition starting to come back, some thinking and my breathe got.. weird. I can not even say if it has stopped for that moment, but I noticed something unusual DID change along this kind of breathing process (with state of mind / consciousness)

And fine if you say you need to be cautious. In the end there is no threat or danger. All human concepts based on fear.

Light bodily feeling, comfortable feeling in lower body and chest, slight hearty embrace in chest, bit flowering and this breathing. Alongside of that the desire to completely surrender to our Higher Self intelligence to realize one's Self as God-Consciousness.

That is all that needs to be done. Quiet emotions, quiet mind. Sooner or later "there".

Edited by 4bsolute

well actually you dont need to do anything. as you can see i did not conceptually know what "i" (whoever that is) was doing and "it" appeared naturally.

so you really dont need to chase some artificial goals, it is all natural to all human beings.

sure you can do nothing and have everything appear naturally, (or perhaps not, if one's method lacks in some areas)

or you can know where you want to go and what goals, short term as well as long, aim to achieve, and you can progress with a one pointed concentration on getting there.

rote-ness doesnt happen by accident

for those that meander their way there "naturally," great, but if one is trying to tell someone how to reach a destination, a nice wandering drive through the countryside may be nice, or, you can just go cross that bridge

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j2-kMyeR4pE

the more averse you are to rote-ness, the heavier you can consider your "vehicle" :lol:

Breath is everything. It takes us out, far out and back in. From what I have heard from Lincoln, the individual I have posted a few times recently, who can be clearly described as an ascended and re-incarnate master, is that breath needs to be mastered in order to advance into higher plains of reality.

All of our sickness that we perceive, sickness on all levels on our being, including the sickness of having emotions and thought (yes, sickness) are being cured through correct breathing. What happens then naturally is, that the mind is quiet and the emotions are still. The two major conditions that keep us bound here are then adjusted.

Can you breathe consciously for a full day? Very slowly and softly?

sure you can do nothing and have everything appear naturally, (or perhaps not, if one's method lacks in some areas)

or you can know where you want to go and what goals, short term as well as long, aim to achieve, and you can progress with a one pointed concentration on getting there.

rote-ness doesnt happen by accident

for those that meander their way there "naturally," great, but if one is trying to tell someone how to reach a destination, a nice wandering drive through the countryside may be nice, or, you can just go cross that bridge

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j2-kMyeR4pE

the more averse you are to rote-ness, the heavier you can consider your "vehicle" :lol:

yeah just lets be honest, "those" who ask questions and are uncertain just lack insight. meaning, more eyes closed, more discovery. I can not tell you why I perform this instantly nor do I have any reason to call it special. I just happens. everyone can do anything. It is just a matter of how much you actually spend time with yourself and not looking outside and to others all the time.

• Like 1

I think the cool, menthol, feeling is completely normal when the air passageways are relaxed, free of blockages and passive while the belllows down below takes control of the flow of breathe. My spontaneous explanation is that the relaxed state allows the senses to grow and this includes the tactile sense. In this case, it's the flow of air across the membranes in the throat, but you'll also feel the air on your skin, if it's moving in the slightest, and it'll feel just as lovely

4bsolute -- when you wrote "breathing tube", were you thinking "Luftröhre"? In English it's the Windpipe (or Trachea) :-)

I think the cool, menthol, feeling is completely normal when the air passageways are relaxed, free of blockages and passive while the belllows down below takes control of the flow of breathe. My spontaneous explanation is that the relaxed state allows the senses to grow and this includes the tactile sense. In this case, it's the flow of air across the membranes in the throat, but you'll also feel the air on your skin, if it's moving in the slightest, and it'll feel just as lovely

4bsolute -- when you wrote "breathing tube", were you thinking "Luftröhre"? In English it's the Windpipe (or Trachea) :-)

not physical breathing, energetic - sushumna breathing - a tube like structure central in your body that is tangible and can be breathed through :)

• Like 1

not physical breathing, energetic - sushumna breathing - a tube like structure central in your body that is tangible and can be breathed through :)

ooooohhhh! That air tube, the Luftschlauch, lol :-)

Hmm ... I've been in very deep prana-breathing states but can't recall a coolness along the central channel. Can't recall much at all, in fact. In that state, it's all ... Geborgenheit pur.

Ehrlich gesagt, wenn es darum geht, meine verschiedenen Erfahrungen und Empfindungen zu beschreiben, finde ich Deutsch die passendere und ausdrucksfähigere Sprache (aber Deutsch schreiben ist ein Graus, hihi).

With love

Hi 4bsolute,

The cold (or minty cool) feeling is a sign of going deeper (or higher) in consciousness. Kind of like you are not quite used to the altitude. As one's energy flows stablizes at the "depth" the temperature feeling goes back to normal. Then the process continues again, deeper and deeper you go, like peeling an onion.

Best wishes,

Jeff

Hi Jeff, I offer a different perspective. I have learned that this is not true. Feeling cold is not moving towards higher consciousness.

Once you get past any cold, then the stage(s) of heat and warmth follow, and once the heat ramps down, your channels have opened up considerably. And you no longer feel sensations of heat nor cold.

Hi rainbowvien,

Thank you for sharing your perspective. I have found that at the level of the local body-mind, one has issues, fears and obstructions (e.g. Karma) stored as energy structures in the "channels". When energy is flowing, it "hits" these obstructing energy structures. This hitting process creates the perception of heat (or warmth) that is felt. Much like friction.

If one releases (or let's go of) the issue the "channel" is opened up. This "energy vacuum" of new space creates the cool feeling. As the energy flow rises to "fill" and fully flow in the new space (channel) the feeling of temperature returns to normal.

Rather than heat or cold, often this same process is felt as "vibrations" coming and going. It should be remembered that these are translations by the mind and that the process continues to repeat as one goes deeper (or higher) in consciousness.

Best wishes,

Jeff

(Edit - wording change)

Edited by Jeff

I was just responding to the premise that a cold feeling means you are climbing the ladder of consciousness upward. In my experience this is not the case.

I tend to think of it as more going "deeper" myself. Not really any upward or downward, more just "increasing" clarity... :)

Sign in to follow this