Owledge

Buddha is a game. Buddha is not a game.

I 'heard' this line back then in one of my post ayahuasca nightmares. Since I only have theories about what it could mean, but it's all vague, I'm curious about any thoughts you might have when reading that.

I find it ominous that it said "Buddha", not "Buddhism". I couldn't identify any mindset or past experiences that could have made me with my limited awareness come up with a statement like that. In a way, it is related to things I experienced on ayahuasca, but at the same time, in its detail, clearly differentiates itself from those.

Also, the two sentences weren't conveyed in any pondering tone, like mutually exclusive or anything. They were two very matter-of-fact statements that are supposed to be both true. Like it's actually just one statement in two sentences.

Edited by Owledge

This appears to be a koan so I would recommend you meditate on it.

Done way too much of that, only got confused with ideas. I'm more practical-oriented now after my ayahuasca experiences (which were way too out-there for my liking while others seemed to have taken solid helpful stuff for their everyday life problems from it).

This style of meditation is known in most forms of Zen Buddhism as "observing the phrase" and doesn't entail intellectual examination, but the spontaneous contemplation that arises when the mind is emptied and quietly directed toward the koan.

This style of meditation is known in most forms of Zen Buddhism as "observing the phrase" and doesn't entail intellectual examination, but the spontaneous contemplation that arises when the mind is emptied and quietly directed toward the koan.

Which is exactly what I mean: It's philosophical. It can raise more questions, more possibilities, more viewpoints.

I had too much of that.

hmmn, in this life, you've gotta make room for play

& you've got to make room for deadly serious.

Its not either or, even in the same subject.

Sometimes you listen to the Buddha

as if your life depended on it

Sometimes you play with his long squiggly ears.

Edited by thelerner