http://rosicrucian.com/pdf_plaza/The%20Desire%20Body.pdf

I am just entering study of this, along with other things...can't say I have even read it yet, but I will, but I was led to it by spirit guides..

From my own story, I find I have formed a Desire Body, and that this body taketh me away from normal reality, which is why I have oft been diagnosed with a type of dissociative personality disorder.

The root cause is addiction or attachment to flesh forms, namely, that from a young age I wished I was born female.

In putting all my spiritual/emotional energy in this, I have sucked the life out of my real world body to a great extent, which is why I feel almost 'ghost like.'

My spirit friends have been showing me how I self willed my form into a sort of submissive, effeminate one, which desires to be led.

I have seen that this has blocked me from achieving actualization in the material plane.

I am contemplating making an informed decision to radically alter my desire body to fit my actuality as it is. This is how I will be able to manifest here and now, and not be half trapped on some immaterial plane.

Just posting this to see if I can get some commentary or affirmation that this could be a problem. It seems like it to me, but I'd like to have group mind opinion.

Edited by Songtsan

http://rosicrucian.com/pdf_plaza/The%20Desire%20Body.pdf

I am just entering study of this, along with other things...can't say I have even read it yet, but I will, but I was led to it by spirit guides..

From my own story, I find I have formed a Desire Body, and that this body taketh me away from normal reality, which is why I have oft been diagnosed with a type of dissociative personality disorder.

The root cause is addiction or attachment to flesh forms, namely, that from a young age I wished I was born female.

In putting all my spiritual/emotional energy in this, I have sucked the life out of my real world body to a great extent, which is why I feel almost 'ghost like.'

My spirit friends have been showing me how I self willed my form into a sort of submissive, effeminate one, which desires to be led.

I have seen that this has blocked me from achieving actualization in the material plane.

I am contemplating making an informed decision to radically alter my desire body to fit my actuality as it is. This is how I will be able to manifest here and now, and not be half trapped on some immaterial plane.

Just posting this to see if I can get some commentary or affirmation that this could be a problem. It seems like it to me, but I'd like to have group mind opinion.

Hi,

My opinion:

The desire body is one of many "bodies" surrounding the dense physical.

You appear to be obsessed with this level of existence.

You should take EVERY level of existence as being equally important! :)

Furthermore, being a male, this is how I view sexuality:

Being a "man" doesn't mean that one isn't sensitive

Sensitivity is what allows a person to enjoy all things

Having said that, Sensivity does not mean effeminancy either.

Adopting the characteristics of a lady, who naturally responds in effeminate ways which can be characterized

as similar in every culture, is wrong.

Behaviors are learned however there is a natural expression that both a male & female have.

The point to life is not "being a real man" nor "celebrating my womanhood" which are silly slogans

but rather uniting both masculine and feminine qualities and being integrated as a person, whether a physiological

male or female.

Ultimately, we are not the body and should stop identifying our true nature with physiology and it's cultural definitions.

I send my love and well wishes to you

Stefos

Hi,

My opinion:

Adopting the characteristics of a lady, who naturally responds in effeminate ways which can be characterized

Not sure what you mean here ? If you mean it is wrong in every culture ... that itself is wrong. Many different cultures, including indigenous ones have 'effeminate' men to various degrees , that may or may not 'cross-over' to other parts of their lives. (If you mean it is the definition of effeminate cross-culturally and that is wrong in our culture ... thats wrong too ... or at least moralistically relative (but maybe still illegal in some 'backward' places ? )

Behaviors are learned however there is a natural expression that both a male & female have.

The point to life is not "being a real man" nor "celebrating my womanhood" which are silly slogans

but rather uniting both masculine and feminine qualities and being integrated as a person, whether a physiological

male or female.

Ultimately, we are not the body and should stop identifying our true nature with physiology and it's cultural definitions.

Well , in a way , isnt that what Songtsan is exploring ?

• Like 1

Hi,

My opinion:

male or female.

I send my love and well wishes to you

Stefos

interesting...I am obsessed with the desire body, but not not paying attention to the others either, but there is certainly imbalances if one is being a perfectionist in needing everything just right.

As far as male/female dichotomies, I think that it is very likely that if I keep focusing on my desire to be female, I will simply be reborn as one...

I have many years to live yet. Who knows what phases I may enter and leave?

Practicing non-attachment on a subtle level, I ask myself 'why not?'

Hearing of this thing called 'extinction,' 'total enlightenment,' 'true fulfillment,' etc. I find myself moderately interested, yet not grasping much honestly...

I ask myself what this means...should I become ardently serious to adopt someone else's fervent desire out of their own expressed fears of being caged? What if I have become comfortable being caged?

I have mine own desires....I need not adopt someone elses...yet if someone said just the right thing and made me hunger for their path or experience, I might.

I have learned to overcome suffering for the most part, yet still maintain levels of extreme desire for certain things...does this mean that I haven't experienced them enough yet?

How do I know I haven't just been born for the first time?

What if I have been born thousands or millions of times?

Who is to say?

Is anything really, truly better than anything else?

Is a rock lesser than a tree?

deep thoughts by Songtsan ^_^

Edited by Songtsan

I. Not sure what you mean here ? If you mean it is wrong in every culture ... that itself is wrong. Many different cultures, including indigenous ones have 'effeminate' men to various degrees , that may or may not 'cross-over' to other parts of their lives. (If you mean it is the definition of effeminate cross-culturally and that is wrong in our culture ... thats wrong too ... or at least moralistically relative (but maybe still illegal in some 'backward' places ? )

II. Well , in a way , isnt that what Songtsan is exploring ?

Let me address each point from my perspective:

I. What I mean by the term "effeminate" is probably not what you mean by the term "effeminate."

I have no desire to go into a large diatribe about "effeminacy" here.

Suffice to say that both sexes can learn from one another and should!

II. Songtsan is speaking of "spirit guides" if you read his post.

First, let's qualify what he means......What does he mean by "spirit guides?" Incarnate or Disincarnate beings?

Second, Exploring, the way Songtsan is exploring, sounds "off" to me.

One can explore anything by reading, visiting a particular cultures events (such as holidays) or by speaking to people on a 1 to 1 basis who have experienced or are experiencing certain things, whatever those "things" are.

2 sub issues:

A. In my view, this statement:

"The root cause is addiction or attachment to flesh forms, namely, that from a young age I wished I was born female."

is very telling.

Why would a male "wish" to be a female?

Something is wrong, in my honest opinion.

If I'm a male, experience life as a male not a female.

To so do otherwise, without a deep meaning behind it, is silly. Ex. If I walk around with a bow in my hair, Why am I wearing it?

B. Next, This gentleman is speaking of "the desire body" which is not physical and as I read his explanation of it, I don't think he understands it's functions.......not that I'm the expert!

Basically, he should define what he believes: Is he a Hindu, Buddhist, Theosophist, Anthroposophist, Christian, etc?

Each of the types of spirituality I've expressed explains the desire body differently.

Otherwise this talk of the desire body is rootless which is typical of the New Age teachings.

Stefos

A. interesting...I am obsessed with the desire body, but not not paying attention to the others either, but there is certainly imbalances if one is being a perfectionist in needing everything just right.

B. Practicing non-attachment on a subtle level, I ask myself 'why not?'

C. Hearing of this thing called 'extinction,' 'total enlightenment,' 'true fulfillment,' etc. I find myself moderately interested, yet not grasping much honestly...

D. I ask myself what this means...should I become ardently serious to adopt someone else's fervent desire out of their own expressed fears of being caged? What if I have become comfortable being caged?

E. I have learned to overcome suffering for the most part, yet still maintain levels of extreme desire for certain things...does this mean that I haven't experienced them enough yet?

Thank you for being humble enough to speak openly about intimate things. I appreciate you.

I will address these particular points that I've labeled above:

A. Whenever you mention a buzz phrase like "desire body" that phrase doesn't exist in a vacuum but was taken from a particular form of spirituality, as I mentioned in my prior post.

B. There is nothing wrong with examining how a female would, out of her feminancy, respond to things or act.

Living out that response, via lisping or hand gestures and such, is silly and learned.

No man that I know has been born lisping like a lady nor making feminine hand gestures.

These are all learned behaviors.

C. Enlightenment means different things in different forms of spirituality!

Research and see what it means in Advaita Vedanta for example

D. This statement is vague.

Do you mean that an organized or an UNorganized religion is a cage?

Do you mean that being a hetero or homosexual man is a cage, whichever way one desires to express sexually?

E. Desires, lusts, cravings are 3 different things to my understanding:

Desire is a basic want

Lust is a craving gone excessive

Craving is a repetition of a past experience/desire

Defining what we mean brings clarity both to ourselves and to ohers who interface/interact with us.

Truly, reality is nothing other than perpetual interaction with everything.

Be blessed in Jesus's name

Stefos

I. What I mean by the term "effeminate" is probably not what you mean by the term "effeminate."

First, let's qualify what he means......What does he mean by "spirit guides?" Incarnate or Disincarnate beings?

One can explore anything by reading, visiting a particular cultures events (such as holidays) or by speaking to people on a 1 to 1 basis who have experienced or are experiencing certain things, whatever those "things" are.

2 sub issues:

"The root cause is addiction or attachment to flesh forms, namely, that from a young age I wished I was born female."

is very telling.

To so do otherwise, without a deep meaning behind it, is silly. Ex. If I walk around with a bow in my hair, Why am I wearing it?

B. Next, This gentleman is speaking of "the desire body" which is not physical and as I read his explanation of it, I don't think he understands it's functions.......not that I'm the expert!

Basically, he should define what he believes: Is he a Hindu, Buddhist, Theosophist, Anthroposophist, Christian, etc?

Each of the types of spirituality I've expressed explains the desire body differently.

Otherwise this talk of the desire body is rootless which is typical of the New Age teachings.

Stefos

By spirit guides I mean Kundalini, thought constructs, Djinn, aliens, anything that comes from an other source and cannot be identified..they may simply be fragmented parts of myself, who knows? I keep an open mind...messages from angels? Walled of parts of myself? who can say..I meditate and things come up and talk to me, I let them in and experience kriyas on all levels...I think that they are my self - walled off pieces...or maybe alien entities...

My intuition is that they are me ;)

Now, if I continue to allow these little parts of myself to enter and express themselves, I feel i will get somewhere..

This is like 'burning off karma'

in this case I view karma as repressed desires, that were shunted to another level of existence and quarantined...then now expressing..

When I was about 7 years old, I had some sexual experiences which made me want to be a girl...i wont get too detailed here, but i really don't mind sharing this info because it helps those who have suffered similar events...what likely happened is that I encountered past life desires because I am sure I was a woman at some point in time through all the lives I've lived...since I have a tendency to easily tap into the astral plane and my multiple selves, coming from a spiritualist family, I was open to my former selves urges...

and so, being born in a male body, I was certainly confused, given the times and climes...

I think that really what I want is develop a formless body, so that I can become anything I want at any time....this is my true desire

I think that I must then enter formlessness in order to experience a formless body?

Edited by Songtsan

Who knows ? I still dont know what you meant by the whole sentence (as I said above), let alone one word .

So, here, are you saying Songtsan should read, holiday, visit and speak to people about it, but not ..... do what 'sounds off ' to you. Why does it sound off?

2 sub issues:

is very telling.

Errmm mah ... :unsure: , you do realise that goes on a bit - don't you ?

What? What is wrong with a male 'wish to be a female' ?

I dont know Stefos ... that would be for your own reasons I suppose. They may be very different from the reasons Songtsan or Nungali do it.

What is your boundary between a 'deep meaning' and 'silly' ?

Stefos

Well , you could ask him .

Edited by Nungali

I think that really what I want is develop a formless body, so that I can become anything I want at any time....this is my true desire

I think that I must then enter formlessness in order to experience a formless body?

Nah ! Thats not a formless body : " so that I can become anything I want at any time'" ... thats all forms ... like a shape-shifter or morphochameleon (cool ! ) ....

'Formless' would be nothing at all ... not even the pattern or form that manifestation draws from .

I think I would choose the lizard over the dark, infinite, formless void. :unsure:

giphy.gif

• Like 2

So I have been going through deep processing over these last few days and have come to the understanding that I suffer deeply from narcissistic personality disorder. My focusing on my Desire Body has helped keep me alive to this very day (I have been suicidal since age 9 or so). There is also perfectionist traits within me which I must mention here because in my perfectionism and love for Eastern metaphors, I have willfully disregarded my own cultures understandings of such things in lieu of addressing my problems through the openly available routes.

So I sought solace through Eastern methodologies, while not fully or truly embracing their paths in all their beauty, as a way of escapism through philosophical metaphor.

I have not truly embraced any religion...merely picked from their interesting or applicable facets. This is why I am such a chameleon.

This applies to the thread topic in that I decided to follow my desire to its fruition in order to come to the point that I have this moment, which shall surely change in the next.

Mainly now my path is to formulate and integrate new habits until such time that I can approach wu wei...

Edited by Songtsan

A. What? What is wrong with a male 'wish to be a female' ?

B. I dont know Stefos ... that would be for your own reasons I suppose. They may be very different from the reasons Songtsan or Nungali do it.

C. What is your boundary between a 'deep meaning' and 'silly' ?

Hi Nungali,

I will answer your questions:

A. If a particular gender "wants" to be another, first they should define what they mean by "wants"

Ex. Does one want to have a sex change? This still doesn't make a person a biological female and is expensive

Ex. Does one want to dress as a female? No need to unless one is perverted (My viewpoint)

In the mystery schools men did dress as women but for a reason ----> spiritual truths to be displayed via external show

B. The point is "We don't need to assert ourselves"

This planet is on the brink of nuclear annihilation due to Egos "asserting themselves"

No, selflessness is the ONLY solution.........No ego, No problems

C. My boundary between "deep meaning" and "silly" is this:

Any act or spoken word contains a value set.

This value set should be selfless....If not it is selfish.

I'm not speaking of food, clothing and shelter......those are needs...a need value set.

For me, a spiritual and hence selfless act or word is "deep"

Silliness is defined in the dictionary (not trying to be a jerk Nungali but the dictionary definition works for me)

Thank you sir or miss or ma'am!

Blessings to you

Stefos

Edited by stefos

Hi Nungali,

I will answer your questions:

A. If a particular gender "wants" to be another, first they should define what they mean by "wants"

Ex. Does one want to have a sex change? This still doesn't make a person a biological female and is expensive

Ex. Does one want to dress as a female? No need to unless one is perverted (My viewpoint)

In the mystery schools men did dress as women but for a reason ----> spiritual truths to be displayed via external show

B. The point is "We don't need to assert ourselves"

This planet is on the brink of nuclear annihilation due to Egos "asserting themselves"

No, selflessness is the ONLY solution.........No ego, No problems

C. My boundary between "deep meaning" and "silly" is this:

Any act or spoken word contains a value set.

This value set should be selfless....If not it is selfish.

I'm not speaking of food, clothing and shelter......those are needs...a need value set.

For me, a spiritual and hence selfless act or word is "deep"

Silliness is defined in the dictionary (not trying to be a jerk Nungali but the dictionary definition works for me)

Thank you sir or miss or ma'am!

Blessings to you

Stefos

Well ... answers ? ? ? :

A . I asked about wish but your answer is about 'want' .

Then you Ex (is that examples?) asked questions instead of gave answers ... so it seems obfuscating. Not to mention your insistence that it is perverted ... you seem to be avoiding the questions as to why and what is really behind this moral stance of yours .... what possible harm could I do to anyone else if I decided to dress as a woman tomorrow ? Why would that be a 'perversion'. Women dress 'as men' all the time now ... is that perverted?

B . In light of my question this must be your own reason for doing it ... but as I said ... it might not be others reasons for doing it ... you are making an assumption and judging your own assumption.

C. Okay, I can accept your view that things need to be self less .... but dressing as a woman, although based on a need of the self isnt one that is adverse ,,, it isnt like actively damaging the world like you outline above ... aside from shelter food clothing there are many needs for some ... religion is one ... people dress up crazy shit like in religion ... as you say above , for purposes "as in mystery schools" ... how do you know similar the purpose isnt there (in its own way) in a 'cross-dresser'.

(You do realise that a priest or a devotee makes themselves 'effeminately attractive to deity' as a way to contact and devote to a male deity? ... make up, robes, perfume, gold and jewels, candle light - they dress up and ornament like a woman .... unless you are a pagan and want to worship and attract 'The Goddess" - then you might act more 'manly' ;) )

Well ... answers ? ? ? :

A . I asked about wish but your answer is about 'want' .

Then you Ex (is that examples?) asked questions instead of gave answers ... so it seems obfuscating. Not to mention your insistence that it is perverted ... you seem to be avoiding the questions as to why and what is really behind this moral stance of yours .... what possible harm could I do to anyone else if I decided to dress as a woman tomorrow ? Why would that be a 'perversion'. Women dress 'as men' all the time now ... is that perverted?

B. Okay, I can accept your view that things need to be self less .... but dressing as a woman, although based on a need of the self isnt one that is adverse ,,, it isnt like actively damaging the world like you outline above ... aside from shelter food clothing there are many needs for some ... religion is one ... people dress up crazy shit like in religion ... as you say above , for purposes "as in mystery schools" ... how do you know similar the purpose isnt there (in its own way) in a 'cross-dresser'.

Hi Nungali,

I believe that a physical male and a physical female exist to express the Divine nature in different ways.

I see nothing wrong with women wearing pants or collared shirts.

I do see a problem with men adopting the mannerisms of women and women adopting the mannerisms of men.

For me, there is an inherent error in wanting to be another sex other than what one is.

For me, therefore, homosexuality/lesbianism/transgenderism/etc. are all perverse.

Also perverse are necrophilia and sex with children and sex with animals.

I don't know what your spirituality is but I don't endorse "dressing as a god or goddess".......sorry....Perhaps you do.

I think a few examples are needed to make my perspective clear:

For example (yes, Ex. is the way a person abbreviates the word example):

Swamis of the Dashnami order (Who believe in Advaita Vedanta) wear saffron robes both men and women.

They don't "dress up like the god or goddess" even if they use Tantric methods like those found in Sri Chakra.

Incidentally, Advaita Vedanta has never accepted homosexuality.

Buddhist monks and Tantrics wear robes, as do Christian priests or pastors (male or female).

The Dalai Lama (current one) said this once:

"Traditionally in Buddhism, homosexuality has never been accepted."

When I spoke with a Theravada monk at a Thai Wat, I asked him about homosexuality, lesbianism, etc. and if they were part of the Buddhas teachings....He said, motioning a "shoo fly" gesture with his hand in the Thai language, (as I had an interpreter) that those things were "very far away from the Buddhas' teachings."

The Bible condemns homosexuality & lesbianism as being perverse.

I think that expresses where I stand well enough.

Thank you,

Stefos

Edited by stefos

Hi guys, in response to your replies:

I am indeed in therapy and addressing these very issues. I find that these desires, which I deem semi-irrational in my current form, reduce my ability to strive for important goals. I do not think that sexual deviancy is to be scorned or condemned. I of course hold a very compassionate view towards those who are caught up in this same struggle. I have viewed men who would dress up in female clothing as imbalanced. I myself have cross dressed. In Portland, they have a party every year called 'Prom Disaster' where the men dress up like women and women dress up like men. There are plenty of straight guys and girls doing this btw...- I won best 'female' the time I went. I think it is fun to play dress up and feminize oneself as a male if done tastefully. I would never want to look clownish or garish like some transvestites..

I also hiighly value male machismo. I have been to prison and can act very manly and beat the shit out of lots of guys - MMA style. When I bulk up at the gym I look like a beast. I embody great Yang attributes.

I value my facile ability to change my nature in these ways

My girlfriend thinks that I simply like to look beautiful. I agree. I think that our current genderfication in most countries tends to encourage the women to look beautiful and the men to look warrior-like, or else business proffesional.

I was never one to bend to social pressure. I believe in free will of expression, including the free will to like or dislike others expressions..

Basic shit.

I am not ashamed of who I am.

If someone else feels some type of way about feminized males, then that is actually their illness, not the feminized men's problem. You should deal with your own illness. By 'illness' in this situation, I mean anything that generates aversion. If you are averse, or negatively attached, you should strive for equanimity. This is what makes an adult in my opinion...just because some other men and women wrote down some words in books thousands of years ago doesn't mean shit to me. I make my own way. You are what you believe. I hold my own belief systems strong and don't allow the pressure of others belief systems to cage me in doubt, fear, or self-hatred. To me this is weak. I have surpassed the beliefs/views of Buddha and Jesus. I met them on the road and killed them fair and square. Their OPINIONS do not rule me.

Edited by Songtsan
  • Like 2

What a fantastic post ! ( @ #16 )

I applaud your way of dealing with your situation and outlook.

I can see point about needing therapy as opposed to 'problematic re-enactment' (sorry, cant think of another term) ... but, as you say, you are getting that as well. Also its better than suppressing and averting  IMO ... doing that without therapy is disastrous. (I saw a doco that featured J. Edger Hoover's session with a psychiatrist .... HOO BOY! ... at one stage , when a tentative suggestion of repressed homosexulaity might be at the base of his issues and 'persecutions', Hoover was at first confused, dumbfounded, outraged and finally burst out with " Dont you realise I DONT  approve  of them... after Communists the n*****s and faggots are the biggest threat to this country!" - then Hoover  virtually arrested the psychiatrist, took a team of agents to his offices and confiscated all records that had anything to do with Hoover.

• Like 1

Hi Songtsan,

I've been through sexual trauma myself and can relate to you.

It was not of my own doing.

To me, if a person wants to cross dress for fun, I have no issues with it!

Say "Rocky Horror picture show" anyone?

I hope you find what it is you're looking for.

This forum is really not the place that can answer your questions as they are currently conveyed.

This forum approaches things from an Esoteric/Occult viewpoint.

It sounds like you are combining Esoteric/Occult topics with personal issues.

Maybe another site is more appropriate for your needs.

Take care and my well wishes to you,

Stefos

Edited by stefos

Hi Songtsan,

I've been through sexual trauma myself and can relate to you.

It was not of my own doing.

To me, if a person wants to cross dress for fun, I have no issues with it!

Say "Rocky Horror picture show" anyone?

I hope you find what it is you're looking for.

This forum is really not the place that can answer your questions as they are currently conveyed.

Take care and my well wishes to you,

Stefos

Actually it is one of my greatest goals in life to combine East and West. This is my personal quest and I am not at all trying to proselytize anyone. I find that the commonalities between Eastern and Western approach are becoming more and more apparent. I may be in essence creating a hybrid system.

I have the equivalent of a B.S. in Psychology (about 26 credits short of a major), as I have continued to study Psychology on my own after graduating in 2005...

I have also been co-studying Eastern methodologies since the age of 18..

I would say that I am a Universalist Sufi type...I often have Abrahamic, Atheistic, Agnostic, Taoist, Vedantic, Tantric, Buddhist, Scientific, Satanic, Hermetic, Shaivic, Shamanic views, and other beliefs as well including aliens and beyond.

You may be confused how I can embody all of these divergent views.

It's is easy.

Empty Mind

Know Nothing

Believe what I want in the moment

Enjoy life

Edited by Songtsan
  • Like 2

Maybe it isnt about answers but hearing others opinions .. I am sure 'crazy fox' is capibile of forming his own answers.

And no one ever does that ? No one uses the esoteric or the occult to help with personal issues, or interprets the teachings within their own situation and apply teachings to themselves ?

I am glad you worded it it that way .

Maybe it isnt about answers but hearing others opinions .. I am sure 'crazy fox' is capibile of forming his own answers.

And no one ever does that ? No one uses the esoteric or the occult to help with personal issues, or interprets the teachings within their own situation and apply teachings to themselves ?

I am glad you worded it it that way .

Hi Nungali,

I just gave my opinions and experiences.

I have never said that a person couldn't glean things from different spiritual streams.

I'm glad you appreciated the way I worded what I stated to Songtsan.

Have a nice evening!

Stefos

This is funny ;)

You guys remember that our reifying personalities are temporary manifestations and thus not worth taking so seriously?

Or maybe they are worth taking seriously?

I don't know...

May Jesus, Buddha, Shiva, Krishna, Jehovah, and all the others please educate me as to my course - so may it be! I have placed my intention out there to the universe that I am open to following the true course. In the absence of intervention from these heavenly sources, I listen to the voice of Shakti, which some have likened to the voice of the devil. However, Shakti has existed long before the name Satan ever was.

What a strange and curious world we live in. I stay true to myself. That's what I do.

What better way than to describe the spiritual path as one of learning and overcoming one's traumas? If you want to get anywhere in the western or eastern tradition, you have to be healed to a great extent first (or along the way).

• Like 1

What better way than to describe the spiritual path as one of learning and overcoming one's traumas? If you want to get anywhere in the western or eastern tradition, you have to be healed to a great extent first (or along the way).

Hi,

The point, miss, to me is that one has got to have a definitive starting point for one's world view or else

one has no idea what is "progress" and what is "digression."

For example, the "new age" movement is a farce to me.

Fairly simple to understand, to me at least.

I wish you well,

Stefos

Hi,

The point, miss, to me is that one has got to have a definitive starting point for one's world view or else

one has no idea what is "progress" and what is "digression."

For example, the "new age" movement is a farce to me.

Fairly simple to understand, to me at least.

I wish you well,

Stefos

Not everybody can find themselves in dogmas, dear Stefos. I applaud you for knowing who you are and where you stand. I have doubts everyday.

• Like 1

Not everybody can find themselves in dogmas, dear Stefos. I applaud you for knowing who you are and where you stand. I have doubts everyday.

Hi Anoesjka,

Thank you however it really is unmerited!

Miss/ma'am, Why do you have doubts every day? (If I may ask and IF you'd like to respond :) )

Could I suggest that you allow yourself "space' or freedom to question cherished beliefs and/or dogmas?

To me, something must be verifiable in actuality to be true otherwise everything becomes one gigantic relativistic mess.

For example, Who am I?

A name

A body with a brain which functions both autonomically (Breathing, Eye-blinking, Heart pumping) & non-autonomically

My consciousness put together by thought

My past experiences, which if I allow them to, condition my consciousness today

Just investigate and see what conclusions you come up with.

I send you my well wishes and hope in your investigation(s) actually conclude with concrete answers and don't remain in doubt.

Stefos