Sign in to follow this  
Aaron

Hacked account

This is just a general service announcement, tonight some family members contacted me to warn me that someone was sending them emails and apparently they had gotten my contact list. The only problem was that it included a few contacts that were only on my Taobums account, which leads me to believe that they got into my Tao Bums account somehow and then used the same password to access my email. I've changed all this information, but I wanted to warn people if you receive an email from me asking you to visit a link, please disregard it and let me know. I apologize for any inconvenience this might have caused.

Aaron

It's probably just part of mass email hacks, rather than a personal attack. (So don't worry about it too much) Once you change your password, it probably won't happen again. Did you have a generic password before? Keep away from dates or anything that might have personal information that people can find out about you from social media...and... well, steer clear of whole words altogether. It's best to go completely random when it come to passwords.

• Like 1

Yeah, what do you recommend. Personally I use gmail. And I use aol as a junk email I give to anyone not friends and family.

spamalot: googlemail

real email: my German internet provider (t-online)

I bet you drive an Audi> Vorsprung_durch_Technik.jpg

• Like 1

I bet you drive an Audi>

nope, too expensive. I drive a Spanish-made (with VW technology) SEAT:

sea_alt_10_xl_ecomotive_2.jpg

and my point about email was that the best email provider is generally your real internet provider. The only reason I'm with Telekom is they're the only provider with 4G/LTE service in my non-DSL area. But they do a good job, really can't complain.

• Like 1

Like Flo said...Yahoo mail is notorious for hacking and dodgy goings on. It used to be the go to email for Nigerian 419's and ID theft fraudsters. It also used to, and may still be, easy pickings for mass hacking, because Yahoo didn't limit the amount of incorrect passwords you can input (that's probably changed these days)...It used to allow people to use software, which "brute forces" every commonly used password, names, dates etc. over and over, until it gets a hit.

I steer clear of yahoo email :P

• Like 1

Sign in to follow this