Sign in to follow this  
Chang

The Scholar Sage. Online Daoist Magazine

While we are on the topic of Damo , has anyone got anywhere with the practices from his Daoist nei gong book ?

may well indeed :-)

And you?

I have great admiration for Damo and the systematic development of his skills in the Taoist Arts. His books are both informative and well written and his various websites are both promotional and beautifully designed.

I do have doubts as to his abilities as regards principles of stance and movement and can recognise various weaknesses in his forms. I would not desert my present teacher to train with him but for such a young man his knowledge is extensive and creditable. I wish him well.

• Like 3

While we are on the topic of Damo , has anyone got anywhere with the practices from his Daoist nei gong book ?

I am working through his Neigong book (and Heavenly Streams) but am not very advanced. The material and presentation are excellent. I get alot from the Ji Ben qigong exercises, though I have not made progress with the LDT work, but I wouldn't expect to at this point....I believe it can take many months before there is a proper awareness of the LDT.

I think that Damo's Daoist Neigong book is probably one of the best presentations of the basic qigong exercises and Daoist theory. His material is from a variety of sources but always matches up with my own experiences. Each person is different and as to whether the "got anywhere" is dependent on the person practicing and the effort they put in. I recently got his Dragon Daoyins and was quite impressed with the material offered and his lectures.

...I think the term "Scholar Sage" is an oxymoron; an inherent contradiction... at least in terms of Taoism.

Sign in to follow this