Sebastian

Body's 12 Year Energetic Cycles

Hey All,

I discovered something during a SFQ class which I found pretty fascinating. The Master didn't get into the theory with us, because it involves I-Ching and perhaps even cosmology he said, so we touched on the practical aspect instead, which is already pretty deep.

Basically, it states that the "spirit" of the vitality, or the "intelligence that animates the chi", goes through a different area of the body every year for 12 years and then resets and starts again. This spirit lives in different areas of the body successively, and fills them with intelligence and light.

For example, at age 24 (making this up), the spirit of the vitality may be in the Heart. This is both an opportunity and a danger. It's an opportunity, because the potential to heal completely is there, as the spirit has all the intelligence to completely reset this area of the body, deep into the DNA. It's a danger because if you seriously damage your heart at this age, then you can wound the spirit and perhaps even your life. With the spirit in the Heart, it's the easiest time to make a spiritual connection as well, because the Heart can be much more open than usual. And it goes on like this, pros and cons, for each year and body area.

I wasn't aware of this concept. I assume the spirit he is referring too is a more refined form of qi, yet I don't think it's referring to our real spirit. He had a hard time explaining this concept and used the analogy of someone driving a car. The driver is the spirit, and the car is the meridian system and qi.

Is anyone familiar with this ? Would be awesome to see some theory about I-Ching that lead to these 12 year tables. Pretty mysterious too.

Cheers,

Sebby

• Like 3

Haha, about that, try relaxing your shoulders completely. The shoulders are like a canal gate.

When you're thinking, you need the energy up in the head, so the shoulder contract themselves and block the flow of chi back down.

When you relax them completely, it will help. It won't remove the problem of over-thinking, but at least you can sink the energy down now, like to the Dan-Tian.

• Like 2

Curious. I wonder if this is related to the Chinese Zodiac - the 12 animal signs cycle every 12 years. When these 12 Earthly Branches are coupled with the 10 Heavenly Stems it is a study of the hexagenary cycle. But you mentioned the spirit moving in relation to vitality (jing?), so this could be a cycle following the more earthly influences.

• Like 1

This is the only thing I could recall in regards to something related to this topic. Horus posted this a while ago

cycle.jpg

maybe it'll help, maybe it won't

• Like 2