frank123

Images of bodhisattva's manifesting on bone

Wow, that is truly amazing. Can anyone translate this page properly ? Google translated it and it comes out all gobledegook lol.

Another thing for those more knowledgeable on the subject, do you think this kind of thing is possible for regular cultivators as opposed to monks and those on retreat ? People that are still entrenched in the 'dust of the world'.

This is a fascinating subject. There seem to be cases all over Asia of these and similar events such as Pure Land cultivators knowing there time of physical death, rainbow body, daoist immortals etc etc.

Looking forward to some thought provoking input on this.

I am afraid that I remain something of a doubting Thomas as regards this sort of thing. Apart from the "Aum" I could see little resemblance between the bones and any figure depicted. There is also the question of why should these figures materialise on the bones?

It all very much smacks of the face of Elvis in a potato. An interesting read and item for discussion but absolutely worthless as regards our own practice and progress.

Akin to this subject and the supposed rainbow body is the case of Buddhist mummies.

Just how this sort of thing is supposed to inspire us in our inner work is quite frankly beyond me.The_Mumified_Munk.jpg

• Like 2

It all very much smacks of the face of Elvis in a potato.

Or the Virgin Mary in pancake batter.

If folks need that sort of thing to help support them, it seems to me to be more a sign of disbelief and lack of certainty than a sign of confidence.

Just my opinion.