Sign in to follow this  
buckaroobonzai

Questions and discussing removing amalgam-mercury dental fillings

I am looking to remove a whole bunch of old amalgam-mercury fillings I've had for a long time. Trying to find a holistic dentist in my area has been a chore. I have found a dentist who removes them but does not use seperate breathing-meaning you get to inhale any mercury dust particles when the drill blasts them to bits. The assistant said they don't create any dust, I don't know about that...

They also use a dental dam to capture any particles from the tooth so none fall back in the mouth.

The next closest Holisitic dentist is in Toronto, Canada acorss the border which is about an hour and a half away, though I would need to go back and forth during work hours several times to get them all removed.

A few questions:

1. Anyone get their amalgams removed? if so, what precautions did the dentist take. How did it go, any problems with the mercury dust? Did they use seperate breathing? How was the mouth sealed from mercury dust falling back down etc.

2. Anyone know any holistic dentists in the Western NY state area, between Syracuse, Rochester, Niagara Falls, Buffalo NY and Erie PA?

Edited by buckaroobonzai

Hi,

I had mine all removed a long time ago, by a dentist trained in Hal Huggins' protocol. But I wouldn't do it the same way again. Even though they take precautions in terms of mercury exposure, they're not factoring in the stress to your body of such an invasive procedure. And the composite fillings can be just as harmful, even when the dental materials compatibility testing shows that a person isn't having an immune reaction to them.

I would first go to a practitioner who can do bioresonance testing, to see which teeth are under significant stress. For some teeth, it might be best to keep the amalgams in and take remedies to help your body handle them better.

A dentist's job is that of a surgeon - even the "hollistic" ones aren't usually looking at the bigger picture of what your body needs.

If you're interested in bioresonance testing, you can look for practitioners here:

http://www.energy-medicine.info/core/practitioner.html#usa

And the Hahnemann Clinic for Heilkunst in Ottawa does this long-distance:

http://www.homeopathy.com/clinic

Take care,

Karen

And here's a good resource for finding biological dentists:

http://www.iaomt.org/

Edited by karen

I had mine removed over a period of time.

If a filling needed replacing I would have that done and the one next to it.

All the replacements were either gold or porcelain.

Composites were used only where necessary.

I used a regular dentist. He used a capture dam

and an assistant was right in there with heavy duty suction.

Any good dentist should be familiar with the proper protocol.

I personaly feel it is too traumatic to rush and have

them all done at once.

Edited by mYTHmAKER

I have silver fillings. I probably got my first in the late 90s or early 2000s when I was a depressed child and had a bit of a dark age.

I do not know of they are amalgam or not.

I am just getting going financially and plan to remove them over time if they are.

Does anyone have any stories about physiological health or energetic improvements after the removal?

I know a good ten or so people who have had their amalgams replaced, including my wife, it's a very popular thing to have done here. I've seen no evidence to date that any one of them is more healthy now than before. I have a mouthful of amalgam and would objectively say that I have fewer health issues than the rest of them combined.

That said, if you do decide to have it done, you absolutely must have a dentist who does it correctly, to avoid even the tiniest particle of a filling going down your throat. It's not so simple and they need the proper equipment. It's a kind of dam that blocks your throat, as I understand it. It's a very uncomfortable process, and not cheap.

Edit: It's called a "Kofferdam" in German, pics at the link. Hannibal Lechter says hi :-)

I was at the Health Expo in LA a few years ago and listened to Hal Huggins present his new findings. The plot thickened. He got deep into the energetics of the process, and apparently you had to take this and that into consideration and if you didn't, you were better off not touching them, that's the gist of it I remember. By then I had had mine removed, by someone rated the best dentist in NYC. The best dentist may have had a foot fetish -- he kept admiring my very ordinary walking shoes and actually had me remove them to inspect and admire them closer -- dentists are weird. Hal Huggins is also a dentist.

I talked my daughter out of doing this based on my own experience.

@Mythmaker:

if the dentist who still uses gold for fillings still exists, I want his number. Please. I was told by a local one that they don't do this anymore, but he proudly showed me his own gold fillings which he got way back in dental school, thirty years ago. He said there's nothing better, and at the time he did them, they cost him, like, five dollars more per filling than the "silver" (mercury) ones. He said he had a patient who was over 80 who had gold fillings from way back in his teens -- nothing ever happened to the teeth fixed like that. And composits decompose...

Our dentistry has fallen behind what they used in ancient Egypt. Gold fillings -- and implants carved out of animal teeth (horses and cows), fully biocompatible.

Sign in to follow this