Sign in to follow this  
4bsolute

Reversed orbit and orgasmic feeling in stomach that was tight for months - What exactly happened?

So I follow Mantak Chias teachings and the Orbit of breathing in and going down and breathing out and going up. I often noticed stomach cramps, just below the sternum in my solar plexus. But that was from previous times where I lived very unconsciously, I just dragged it into my practice so to speak and it never fully went away although I kept attempting to heal it as often as I wanted to.

Now I just sat down and - for fun - reversed the MCO. Breathing in the spine up, mind focus going up the top and breathing out going down.

And suddenly my whole stomach area with all organs were in a state of slight (?) orgasm. Especially the tight and hurting area I have just described.

It is almost gone, through doing just this.

My mind is baffled and my mind wants to ask you: What just happend?

I take it easy and enjoy every moment of it, but you know the mind.. can anyone give it an answer of his / her own life experience?

Many thanks.

Edit:

I noticed.. can you even describe it as going Reversed when you simple alter the breathing?

Because I was not going the front channel up and back down the back channel

If you have high blood pressure and want to use this meditation as part of your treatment, reverse the flow of the orbit, so that your Qi goes up during the inhale and back and down on the exhale.

And no, I dont have high blood pressure. My nerves tend to overload / tense quickly (anxiety) and I get cold hands and feet.

Edited by 4bsolute

I work MCO breathing in from sacrum to bai hui breathing out from bai hui to low dantian. I generally feel pleasant warm sensations into my low belly -not the stomac which is much higher. I often feel like waves and it may come with gurgles.

With the past time all I see in it are signs of how my body react and shows he appreciate the practice.

I asked here sometime ago about it, the best answer I had was something like "if it makes you (feel) better, keep going and enjoy".

• Like 1

I noticed.. can you even describe it as going Reversed when you simple alter the breathing?

Probably just cleared a blockage. There's a Reichian aspect to qigong that will unlock deep layers of muscular tension, particularly when you start tapping into kundalini phenomena, which is a common effect of continual orbiting.

• Like 1

A good idea about breathing in Daoism is to avoid anything intense or uncomfortable.

i suggest deemphasising the spine - instead put your focus simply on breathing softly into the lower dantian. gradually keep the mind there with a slight feeling of downward movement, opening, vastness and relaxation. the energy will naturally move by itself at this point.

it is not advisable to undertake complicated exercises at the outside.

hu haiya simply instructed my teacher to sit comfortably, close his eyes and feel his breath.

• Like 1

I don't know it began when we were doing horse stance, the teacher told us to put the intent on the bai hui when breathing and on the dantian when exhaling while picturing a line going from the ground to the sky through the spine.

Later when I started working the MCO I began from this practice.

Dawei once said here a former teacher showed him that Qi flow was only going down when practicing tai chi (sinking, what you are actually supposed to do) and that's pretty interesting too.

Edited by CloudHands
  • Like 1

Yes, of course you can reverse the MCO. All you're doing is sending qi up the conception vessel and down the governing vessel. It's a very natural, comfortable thing to do, and actually safer than the conventional fire orbit.

Edit: typos

Edited by katsura
  • Like 1

A good idea about breathing in Daoism is to avoid anything intense or uncomfortable.

Tell a Westener to do something without force..

I have to relearn aswell. Of course I know what you mean.

Btw Mantak Chia himself stops working with the spine after teaching the MCO. After that it is all about central energetics, similar to the Sushumna.

His teachings before doing Fusion (I love it) is very, very physical.

But again that seems natural since our grounding has to be physical. Its just that there are more enjoyable things :)

Edited by 4bsolute

In the form I use now, when we get to the point of running the MCO, we first run it reverse, against the natural flow.

This removes blockages and opens up channels before turning it and moving with the flow.

Sign in to follow this