4bsolute

Why are so many individuals involved into Spirituality, with Third Eye open or not, countering all Negativity?

You just have to google psychics, mediums, newcomers wanting to open their perception..

90% of them are creating psychic protection against negativity.

Rarely anyone talks about actually Overcoming fears, so they no longer are a part of ones life.

So in essence what you read or have come across about Love, Compassion, Kindness all attributes regarded to the Pure are our natural state.

These states have to be established first, properly and seen and felt as our true Nature. From there everything opens naturally.

We actually do have spiritual ignorant individuals amongst us, wanting only positive, positive, positive.

Surely one of the most challenging truths to accept that our yang force also needs a yin force. And that this white and black balance needs to be here, to learn. To EXIST.

The true essence of Tao is beyond that. I would not call these states inherent to our God/Tao Nature (which contain everything we want) as positive.

So for this part, the terminology positive / negative can sometimes really confuse one

Desire to embody what is beyond duality for everlasting peace and harmony.

All the best.

Edited by 4bsolute
  • Like 2

Well put, thank you.

I've been mulling over Taoist cosmology a bit in relation to this.

Water is associated with Fear and Calmness, and is also called K'an, the pit, in which Earth's receptivity transforms in such a way as to capture the middle yang line in Heaven .

Water is associated with the numbers 1 and 6.

In taoist cosmology, the 5 are in harmony without distinction between self and other, inside and outside. But in 6 we have separation between self and other, gravity, a crystallization of forces to maintain this separation of self and other.

Without a heat source, water remains in this crystallized state, preserved. This is resonant with fear and defensiveness. When we don't feel comfortable or nurtured by our environment, we crystallize and close off from being affected by change, so as to preserve our internal from damage. Even so we become brittle and easily broken when our jagged edges catch upon or hit things.

With a heat source, water melts and merges with everything around it, and when heated even more becomes steam. This heat source, Fire , provides the means for water to be courageous and harmonious and nurturing.

All about balance. The deeper we root into Earth, the deeper our receptivity to Heaven. The Celestial is reached through the balanced unification of the Jing, Qi, Shen, not from the imbalanced cultivation of the spiritual. How many on a spiritual path cultivate the Fire and Heaven , trying to get higher and higher without directing the Fire to melt their Ice and cleanse the hidden shadows and so allow whole body integration? I've met people who've attached so strongly to their achievements with Shen that they are scared to do anything to lose it, even as they are clearly imbalanced by it.

I've been allowing my shadow to come up a bit more - apparently this Full Moon is a good time for this. Simply being present with the unfolding of long standing patterns which I know do not serve me, but still hold power, and without which I am not fully me. A couple nights ago I had an epiphany about past trauma and recognition of how much more deeply I was affected by it's grip than I had quite fully accepted. Really helped me to have greater compassion for my self and my process of healing. Sometimes we accept and forgive all too easily, without quite realizing how much we sacrifice. Often when we are young we have no experience to give perspective to such imbalances.

Desire to embody what is beyond duality for everlasting peace and harmony.

:wub:

That is what the "left hand path" is for ;).

Actually that is what all paths are for, it is just likely you have only happened upon the new age, or watered down for the public (no matter what path it may be) pages.

at the beginning of development of Daoism, it was seen as important to become completely positive in nature - and although laozi does talk about yin and yang - early daoists tended to view yang as a negative -

i'm sure people have read about the pure yang realized sage -

these kinds of sayings infer that at some point in realization, people will cast off negativity and become completely positive and saintly.

the problem is that this level is much higher up the ladder than most of us ever get-

remember, it doesn't matter how far one gets up the mountain, only that one keeps trying to climb it. :D

Aversion to negativity/attachment to positivity is a negative state of mind. Attachment is considered one of the three main "poisons" in Buddhism. Most don't understand that favoring positivity is the cause of their negativity.

So actually it helps to overcome negativity, to accept it in some ways. To not fight it. I like to tell myself, "let it wash over you completely"...that helps me to open up my heart to it/in the midst of it. Opening your heart is cultivation of the positive...and when you're positive, negativity doesn't affect you.

It's not what you're given to deal with in life, that determines the quality of your cultivation (such as experiencing a negative vibe from a negative person...in this case you're being passive in your being and accepting things the way they seem...just because you feel bad and negative juju, doesn't mean that your cultivation is going bad...actually, challenges are prime opportunities for spiritual growth).

It's actually about what you do with what life throws at you, which determines your cultivation (what you do with your mind, how you act, what you say about the supposedly negative person, etc....in this case you're being active in your being...you're cultivating in the midst of life circumstances).

The spiritual path is absolutely about positivity. This is not newage...newage is the kind of positivist philosophy that's characterized by being completely ineffective. The type of person that becomes a monster as a result of fighting monsters...the type of person who becomes cruel in order to maintain their own good vibes and inner peace, pushing people in need away. They probably live their life by the equivalent of Marilyn Monroe quotes. They tend to be completely oversensitive, and exist at the whim of celestial movements ("mercury is in retrograde during my saturn return with pluto!" or whatever). This kind of thing is the opposite of the spiritual path. The spiritual path is about making decisions from a place of responsibility...not experiencing weird shit and playing the victim all of the time. You're actually supposed to play the hero, in every sense of the word.

And the OP was totally right...the actual spiritual path is harder to live than normal life. There are spiritual trials, and at the same time, you're holding yourself to a certain standard. The real spiritual path will take you beyond who you were, in order to forge you into who you are. It's totally about the dark side of things...such as confronting your fears, facing negativity directly, etc. Diving into the dragon's mouth...to emerge, unharmed. Therefore, it's the most positive thing in the world!

Edited by Aetherous
  • Like 3

Sidenote from the Hua Hu Ching (chapter 48, Walker translation):

"Do you wish to free yourself of mental and emotional knots and become one with the Tao? If so, there are two paths available to you. The first is the path of acceptance. Affirm everyone and everything. Freely extend your goodwill and virtue in every direction, regardless of circumstances. Embrace all things as part of the Harmonious Oneness, and then you will begin to perceive it. The second path is that of denial. Recognize that everything you see and think is a falsehood, an illusion, a veil over the truth. Peel all the veils away, and you will arrive at the Oneness. Though these paths are entirely different, they will deliver you to the same place: spontaneous awareness of the Great Oneness. Once you arrive there, remember: it isn't necessary to struggle to maintain unity with it. All you have to do is participate in it."

According to this chapter, there are two distinct methods to achieve "Harmonious Oneness" (wu wei); "The path of acceptance" and "the path of denial." Apparently, I am a follower of this path of denial. As such, understanding the mindset of people following the path of acceptance is hard to me. But I guess those people you're talking about have a temperament which is more in line with this "path of acceptance".

To me, as a follower of the path of denial, one of the key texts is chapter 5 of the Daodejing (yup, straw dogs), since that relates directly to this path. I'd imagine chapter 5 being hard to understand for the affirmation folks.

does not the path of acceptance too accept the path of denial?

to me, affirming everything is about trusting it to be as it is, without expectation.

thus it is not difficult to see the entirety of creation as straw dogs.

working the bellows one floats easily through the crystallizations of existence.

perhaps these musings on five are from a acceptance path perspective.

A lot of it has to do with having a traumatic upbringing. Worldviews that offer a promise of inner piece are attractive to those who desire emotional stability, and those who've experienced terrible circumstances have a more pressing need to believe in a benevolent universe; a feeling of alienation may also cause one to seek out the least judgmental belief systems. The new age accordingly places a strong emphasis on the therapeutic, and proffers a fairly vast array of techniques to mitigate onslaughts of negativity.