Sign in to follow this  
thelerner

Our technological godships

It struck me that my smart phones gives me limited 'factual omniscience'. I can find out the answer to most factual based information almost instantly. Like what's the weather in Bangladesh right now? I can find out.

We can't fly, but we have planes and when you think about it, flying carpets and simply flying around would be very dangerous. We don't have telepathy but for we've had phones that allow us to communicate at light speed with others. We don't have precognition but we have access to news from around the world from local sources.

There's a point here someplace. We take our tech for granted, though it gives us incredible powers. How can we make better use of it spiritually?

My main 'spiritual tech' is listening to podcasts like infinite smile and zencast, learning from people, experts far away. Also guided meditations and biaurals.

Maybe I'll get a pair of kangaroo style stilts that allow you to run quickly and leap 5 or 6 feet high.

• Like 1

The amount of new discoveries coming out and mini breakthroughs are crazy right now. Tiny crystal grains that can hold enough oxygen for a full breath and then reabsorb more once it's been depleted.

It makes me wonder if it is the first time or the last time that a species will make it this far on Earth.

I liked the above video, but imo until we've found an intelligent way to control our human population growth, super longevity should probably be on the back burner, lest it make over population worse.

On the bright side, sometimes education and opportunity is all it takes to control population growth, as per Europe and the U.S.

Great, now read my thread about how nature is bullshit and we can start the technological revolution around here

MUAHAHAHAHAHAHA

We take our tech for granted, though it gives us incredible powers. How can we make better use of it spiritually?

Excessive technology is actually being detrimental. Excess metal (Science is a metal based activity, metal from the 5E Theory) restrains wood, and wood what guides the heart/shen to reach enlightenment (Wood gives birth to the Heart element). Wood is expansive and creative, is what you may call the soul and it is seen in the eyes. Just look at young children and how sometimes they see things (like fairies and angels) that their adult counterparts can't, they are often ridiculised for that, and this honestly is not a good thing because you have started blocking the mind of the child. The Three Old Taoists were smart by choosing an 11-year-old-boy for Buddha-like raining and ascetic lifestyle deep in the sacred mountains away from society's pollution and delusional minds.

Look at the accomplishments of the Kalahari bushmen:

http://news.google.com/newspapers?nid=336&dat=19671016&id=UsBOAAAAIBAJ&sjid=SUgDAAAAIBAJ&pg=7066,3597128

Being able to see four of Jupiter's moons with the naked eye is simply incredible. Very clean livers, no Qi stagnation of any kind. Perfect, like a healthy, robust and tall oak tree.

Does an iPhone let you see even Jupiter at night? I guess not. :)

Edited by Gerard

There's a point here someplace. We take our tech for granted, though it gives us incredible powers. How can we make better use of it spiritually?

Ive written about this in depth a few times before, although not on this forum.

Essentially it boils down to humans' use of tools. Humanity's mastery of tool making and using is the means by which our species has prevailed. Even these words we are using to communicate is only yet another - language itself is one of the oldest tools we have.

Humans wield power through tools. They invest power in external devices, and design their lives around this investment. This would be as opposed to investing power within, as in internal development. Use of tools is the epitome of external development.

Technology is the modern expanse of of our tool set. The scope and magnitude of what has become possible is quickly outstripping the capabilities of humanity in terms of the responsibility required. With great power comes great responsibility - which people in general do not posses.

If you follow this rabbit hole deeply enough, you can find the metaphysical dovetail into ideas of the singularity and the cyberspecies and so forth. As people continue to invest their own personal power into impersonal technologies at the expense of their own internal development, at some point we will reach a critical mass. And yet this is the course that nature has taken. Its not nearly as simple as asking if biological intelligence is simply a stepping stone, because the issue is far more complicated than that.

We dont have telepathy, we have phones - we dont have precognition, we have news media - we dont have math skills, we have calculators... etc. I think you get the point.

hmnn, isn't it a Hindu belief that eventually the gods screw up or get lazy and fall back down the chain of grace? Maybe that's what happens when we let our techs dull the senses instead of as tools to cultivate them.

Sign in to follow this