Hello I wonder if anybody knows or have information about Qi Gong or similar Healing Masters that were or are Christians?

I would like to read their Life, history etc about these Masters here.

Regards

Someone recently posted a video here of various master level practitioners in China (I think of internal styles of gongfu)...one said that his teacher insisted upon his reading the New Testament in order to get rid of violent/killing qi before each training session. If you have that kind of negative qi, it reflects back upon you and harms you when training...so religious or spiritual study can be good.

Another example: I think Mantak Chia has said he is Christian.

• Like 3

Good to know

i hope the person that had put the video then tell the name of the teacher that use to read the new testament

ps. i have not negative energi when i train qi gong

Is really Mantak Chia Christian? i going to see if i find prof in his homepage, he at least say he doenst belong any Church that is allright but then it use to happen that when you dont have a christian Church to visit at least then to then you may not really understand what is christianity also i see hi have sexual "kind of course?" this may sure be against christian so call "laws" any way i going to research more about this guy. Do any one know if he is born christian or the history of how he converted to christianity?

do any one knows about other teachers?

i mean it can not be just 2 or 3 christian qi gong teachers in the whole World right? or all allmost all buddism and taoist or maybe some ones with no spiritua belifs at all?

sorry my English but i dont know if there is nay spellchek in this homepage in the free online spellcheking i can not put back the text here when i had chech it i don't know why.

Regards

Thanks

very interesting their Music resemble much like the Ensemble Organum that i like very much!

But i dont find in the article you put it if they train some kind of air exercice like Qi Gong Masters they train meditation that is good i didnt knew about these Hesychasm, so i going to try to buy some of their book if i had Money or to read them online if posible.

Regards

• Like 1

ok i had Another one to research

BUT DO ANYONE KNOW SOME ONE THAT IS IS A RELIGIOUS CHRISTIAN TEACHER THAT GOES TO CHURCH AT LEAST IF NOT EVERY SUNDAY AT LEAST SOMETIMES TO TIMES OR THAT SAY SOMETHING LIKE: I BELIVE IN JESUS CHRIST AS THE ONLY SAVIOR OF THE WORLD?

I wonder if there a really chinese or asian Master that lives in this World that are a high level Qi Gong teacher? why i say this? i just found that Mantak Chia can not be really Christian at least not like you say a religious christian like myselft because he Mantak Chia say he belives in reincarnation according to some pages i had read in the internet and it seems even in his homepage, you see IT IS IMPOSIBLE TO BELIVE IN REINCARNATION AND BELIVE IN JESUS CHRIST, BECAUSE REINCARNATION PUT DOWN ALL THAT JESUS CHRIST DEEPLY REPRESENT!

Regards

There is Stylianos Atteshlis, aka the Magus of Strovolos. John Chang, aka the Magus of Java. Both Christian energy masters.

Adyashanti carries a powerful energetic Christian transmission these day although I wouldn't describe it as qigong. There are stories of the monks of Mount Athos doing powerful spiritual things but again I wouldn't call it qigong.

• Like 1

While this is unrelated to qigong directly, there was a yoga master named Sri Yukteswar who wrote a book attempting to bridge the christian and yogic traditions, back in 1920. He was the teacher of Paramahansa Yogananda, the famous yogi who came to the USA at that time and introduced yoga to the mainstream western world.

The book is called "The Holy Science" and its pretty interesting, especially the part where he describes the experience of Pranava Sabda. I had personally experienced this phenomena a number of times already before reading the book, but had never read about it or anything like it in any other text - so that certainly made me sit up and take notice the first time I read his description.

Specifically (emphasis is mine):

Pranava Sabda, the Word of God.

When man directs all his organs of sense towards their common center, the sensorium or sushumnadwara, the door of the internal world, he perceives his God-sent luminous body of Radha or John the Baptist, and hears the peculiar "knocking" sound, Pranava Sabda, the Word of God. See John 1:6, 7, 23.

"There was a man sent from God, whose name was John.

The same came for a witness, to bear withness of the Light, that all men through him might believe.

I am the voice of one crying in the wilderness."

• Like 1

Hello friend Stylianos Atteshlis is not really Christians you know in this World the are many people saying they are Christians but they really are not some even dont belive Jesus is the saviour then how can they say they are Christians any way in this homepage: meggaessays it says Stylianos belive in reincarnation etc

ps. i dont know how to put youtube videos or homepage so you can go to the link and see these are not really Christian Masters

Why does reincarnation contradict a belief in Christ?

Many of these masters may have a higher understanding of what is really meant by Christ than the regular average Church goer, whose comprehension rarely extends beyond a literal interpretation and who only usually love their neighbour in word or ambition rather than in reality.

• Like 2

PS. I ONLY SAY THIS ONE TIME HERE BECAUSE THIS IS NOT A THREAD ABOUT THIS SUBBJECT BUT YOU ASK ME SO I ANSWER THE MODERATOR OF THIS FORUM CAN DELETED OR MOVE MY ANSWER TO OTHER PART OF THE FORUM IF NESSESARY:

REINCARNATION CONTRADICTS A BELIEF IN CHRIST BECAUSE:

REINCARNATION IS AGAINST THE ATONEMENT OF CHRIST

Christ took the sins of the World( for those that repent) and died so we can be resurected

so if you belive that there is not a eternal god and that you can be save only by die many times (reincarnation) and coming to the World again to Another body until you reach perfection or be a god then you can not belive that Christ is the only saviour that can save you from your sins and the one that had made posible after you die to have a body for ever.

ps. 2 see in the bible for example Hebrews 9:27 1 corinthians 15:20 luke 22:44

i will glady discusse this more with you if you want but then tell me were in this forum

ChristianMagus, in the case of board etiquette repeatedly using capital letters COMES OFF AS SCREAMING and is frowned upon.

also

In the past experience when we've had very religious people, Christian, Moslems, Hindu's.. who set themselves up as sole and final representatives of there religion, they generally don't last long here. In other words, its great to be proud of your form of Christianity (not sure which sect you are from), but beware of coming on too heavy. It tends to create backlash.

Just be sensitive the fact there are people with other belief systems including Christians with other beliefs.

I wanted to add something constructive here but can't find it. A teacher who impressed me was Anna Wise, who unfortunately passed away. She considered herself a Christian and a Taoist. She did much early brain wave testing of various high level meditators, from a wide swath of groups. One of the most impressive was a Christian faith healer. I'm looking through her book 'High Performance Mind', but I can't find his name. But he did have one of the most distinct brain waves, in this case it was multiple waves going on at the same time. Mantak Chia is one of the few who also displayed that phenomena.

Edited by thelerner
  • Like 5

Qi, qigong and God are beyond religious frameworks.

However, to answer your question, there is Jim Nance from Spring Forest Qigong. His spiritual mentor is Jesus. I don't recall if he identifies as Christian.

If i recall correctly Jesus was Jewish

• Like 2

Somewhere over 33,000 distinct types of Christianity in over 230 countries...

I've met a couple of qi gong practitioners who identified as Christian, the only common factor among them was that none were fundamentalist. None I've met were masters.

Though there are a few accomplished practitioners here who seem to identify as Christian. I'm sure one of them will be able to steer you in the direction you're requesting.

Perhaps try researching Gnostic Christianity and see what modern practices you come across that may be similar to qi gong. In the end, it doesn't matter what we call the process. It's a human process and we all engage in it, consciously, or not.

Peace.

Ramakrisna an Indian saint went into ecstasy practicing different religions.

Once he reached that state it was all one to him.

I would recommend finding a good qi gong teacher and forget about his/her religion

unless of course he or she starts to preach.

Alright then .... No !

There is no teacher that thinks exactly the same as you do about Christianity.

• Like 4

Energy healers are non-denominational, and Christians have had plenty of qigong healers. They just tend to give the credit to God or Jesus working through them. This is actually better or more honest than these qigong "masters" who take more of the credit for the powers. Working within the Christian belief context is really a more powerful way of going about things, because we have the iconic "love of Jesus," forgiveness, Gods heavenly manna pouring over you, etc, etc. Beliefs create a powerful receptive healing state, meaning the job of the healer is half done.

• Like 4

There is evidence to suggest that some early Christian movements, as well as some Jewish traditions believed in reincarnation/transmigration.

For Instance, some use as evidence for the belief, Jesus saying:

"But I tell you, Elijah has already come, and they did not recognize him…" Then the disciples understood that he was talking to them about John the Baptist. (Matt 17:12-13)

This in itself is a new testament follow up to the old testament:

"See, I will send my messenger, who will prepare the way before me. Then suddenly the LORD you are seeking will come to his temple; the messenger of the covenant, whom you desire, will come," says the LORD Almighty. (Malachi 3:1)

And:

"See, I will send you the prophet Elijah before that great and dreadful day of the LORD comes." (Malachi 4:5)

Anyway there are numerous mystical ways of interpreting Jesus teachings.

Some see life as a process of transmigration towards wholeness, modeled for us by Jesus, who came suffered and died to show the way out of the cycle...

Some say he was a Meditation master teaching a form of concentration practice {let thine eye be single (samahdi) and thine whole body shall be filled with light}, right living, and so on...

There are a heap of interpretations, but the single eye one, the "be still and know..." one are great advice for the meditator...

Edited by Seth Ananda
  • Like 5

Deleted the post, as it was irrevelant with OP's question.

Edited by cihan

~~~~~ minor moderator message ~~~~~

This is just informational and a little pre-emptive.

I think this thread has the potential to become a battleground and I would

just like to encourage contributors to stay to the main topic i.e. do you know of any strictly

Christian qigong instructors/masters, past or present. If not, I'd suggest it's better to simply leave

the subject alone than to begin a debate on what consitutes Cristianity or Qigong, or whatever.

This is a brand new member who clearly doesn't have a lot of experience with forums like this,

but is perfectly within his right to ask whatever he wishes.

There have been some very excellent replies so far, and everyone has been quite helpful,

but I can sense the energy turning.

~~~~~~~ peacefully yours, Soaring Crane ~~~~~~~~

• Like 7

IT IS IMPOSIBLE TO BELIVE IN REINCARNATION AND BELIVE IN JESUS CHRIST, BECAUSE REINCARNATION PUT DOWN ALL THAT JESUS CHRIST DEEPLY REPRESENT!

If you read the words of Jesus, he says something very different...

Mathew 11:1--17 (KJV)

10 For this is he, of whom it is written, Behold, I send my messenger before thy face, which shall prepare thy way before thee.

11 Verily I say unto you, Among them that are born of women there hath not risen a greater than John the Baptist: notwithstanding he that is least in the kingdom of heaven is greater than he.

12 And from the days of John the Baptist until now the kingdom of heaven suffereth violence, and the violent take it by force.

13 For all the prophets and the law prophesied until John.

14 And if ye will receive it, this is Elias, which was for to come.

15 He that hath ears to hear, let him hear.

Institutional Christianity is often very different that what Jesus actually taught. :)

• Like 2