cmpunk50

Liniments

Anyone use them, if so, what for? Anyone find success for using it with chi cultivation? And where do you buy yours?

Liniments... I keep a couple on hand that I buy from the local oriental shop (asian veggies, foods, and kitchen equipment place). The most well known is Zheng Gu Shui, a "hit medicine" designed to heal martial arts injuries. I use it on people (and myself) who have bruising or tearing injuries.

Tom Bisio has a great little book, A Tooth from the Tiger's Mouth: How to Treat Your Injuries with Powerful Healing Secrets of the Great Chinese Warriors. He gives recipes for making your own liniments, what to use when, for each type of injury. It's a regular goldmine of info, and really inexpensive.

In terms of liniments for chi cultivation, can't say I've come across anything. Maybe someone else will chime in...

• Like 2

Dit da jow (sp?) is awesome for any/all injuries! :)

I think JAJ might have some recipes for qi cultivation ones in his martial arts book. Though unfortunately he doesn't give the chinese letters for the herbs for the recipes, so difficult to have the folks in chinatown understand.

For qi I just eat those large balls found in the yellow box (also used to put on external injuries, or sometimes come in pill form to take for injuries).

Thanks for the reminder about these; they really do speed healing a lot!

• Like 1

My wife broke her spine in two places some 20 odd years ago, died for a few minutes, it was intense.

The emergency room techs, didn't do a full spine xray and so missed that she'd broken her t-7, they just noticed the broken coccyx. So she just healed up on her own.

She's had back issues on and off as a result. Nothing has helped her more than regular yoga and stretching.

However, a friend at work who also had major back issues much of her life recommended Dr Schulze's Deep Tissue Ointment for recovery and relief.

It is nothing short of stunning in its restorative properties and conveyance of relief.

We have three tubes in the house at all times. We bring it on vacation with us. It's amazing.

https://www.herbdoc.com//index.php/Store/Deep-Tissue-Ointment

• Like 4

there are some dit da jows that will send the qi directly to your hands when you apply to your hands.

i would suggest buying the pre-made rather than the kits if you are new to this.

there are hot and cold jows. some jows only for hands, some for fingers, some for hands and feet, some for overall body

but do your homework and follow directions. these are powerful concoctions.

an external linament for qi cultivation? idk

there are wines and elixirs

• Like 2