Sign in to follow this  
Nungali

Where is that crazy guy ....

.... who said he was going to barehanded hunt down a kangaroo (with out a 'stick') and catch, fight it and kill it barehanded (with the tactics of using 'cheap shots' :D ) ... I cant remember who it was or the name ... but this is for you.

• Like 1

Used to be someone on irc who said he was going to go fight a bare without any weapons. One day we all never heard from him again (no really).

• Like 4

The sheer genius is that a roo would never expect a deadly attack from an emu.

Or a penguin.

Any flightless bird, probably.

So brilliant it would just HAVE to work, right?

• Like 1

At least he didnt try to cut his stomach open and throttle it with his own intestines ! (It will be revealed elsewhere! )

• Like 2

I've backpacked with Australian companions, and found- they are the friendliest craziest people on earth. This video has reinforced that opinion :).

Nah mate ... he is doing it all wrong!

Thats not how you catch a kangaroo ! You go 2 up on a trail bike , the 'jumper' on the back need a compact heavy club and a butchers knife (strapped to the boot is safer ... when you are jumping) ... the rider has to get alongside and keep up, the jumper has the tricky job of leaping off the bike, with out overbalancing it, and on to the roo while clubbing it across the back of the head, then slitting its throat.
... easy, steady ..... up to 65 kph ... stand up on the footpegs ... get one leg over ... roo makes a big long jump ... no worries ... we can keep up with that ....

except he was jumping over a 4 strand barbed wire the driver didnt notice. laugh.gif

Ah well .... we were young !

<gets back to farm house covered with grazes. prickles numerous cuts and blood - friends farmer father looks at us > "What happened to you guys."

"Roo hunting."

"Did you bring home dinner?"

"No." < father shakes head and walks off>.
... then I eventually got older .
I have done it koori style ( well, shooting them from out the car window is ONE koori style smile.gif ) but the traditional way ... with the kangaroo dance ... it works!

Funny thing is, they seem to know you are not a kangaroo, just a person trying to act like one but that doesnt stop them running away , however, as soon as you stand up, they bolt.

I can get pretty close to them while they watch curiously, apparently, I have been told, because I have a good head position and scratching behind the ear action ... but I cant hold the spear between my big and second toe and conceal it in the grass as I 'graze' forward , that a tricky bit. Then you have to know how to throw and be a good shot. - Some of them can actually get a bullseye without seeing ... going by sound, lob a spear up over those bushes and down into the undergrowth 'over there', and hit the target ( there is also historical record of Pemulway's band doing that too, most of the british soldiers spear injuries in the bush were spearings into the top of the head and shoulders, they didnt see where the spears came from. .. and Pemulway was an expert at carrying his spear in his toes and appearing unarmed.
Edited by Nungali
  • Like 2

.... who said he was going to barehanded hunt down a kangaroo (with out a 'stick') and catch, fight it and kill it barehanded (with the tactics of using 'cheap shots' :D ) ... I cant remember who it was or the name ... but this is for you.

Well, one thing for certain, Andrew doesn't spend all day in front of a computer. I have to give the man credit.

Edited by Marblehead

Next we will see him going down the highway, still holding the tail, on rollerblades .... ( hmmmmmm ...)

• Like 1

I've backpacked with Australian companions, and found- they are the friendliest craziest people on earth. This video Nungali reinforced that opinion :).

• Like 1

Even other Aussies think that about me ... I have a 'syndrome' where I can treat complete strangers as close friends.

It happened in reverse at the supermarket the other day ... pretty funny ; An Aboriginal woman was looking at cake mixes and I was standing behind her, she backed up a bit and touched me and then casually said over her shoulder

"I dont know what to get. What is the difference between " I assumed she mistook me for the person she was with (thats happened a few times ) then she turned around saw me and got a shock. Then looked at me curiously and continued " .. what's the difference between chocolate cake and chocolate pudding?"

Then she realised we were almost touching and moved away, as if surprised at her own familiarity. So I said; "Well the cake is a bit drier and more aerated whereas the pudding <looks cheekily at her> is dark, creamy, soft, exotic and luscious." :D

Then later I saw her a few times ... she wasnt shopping with anyone.

Another time I was buying some 'Bio-oil' for my GF. the floor assistant at Big W goes "Oh ... its really good stuff, I used it on my stretch marks after I had my baby, now you cant even tell. " And lifted her dress to show me her upper thighs."

I :blink: ,,, and then she realised what she was doing, pulled her dress down and went purple :D

Some people just go along with it and are either like me , get sucked in and react as if I am intimately known to them ... and some are abhorrent or indignant about it.

• Like 1

Sign in to follow this