Sign in to follow this  
Bearded Dragon

Pilgrimages

A little something I wrote at the airport last week. Why seek advanced training if there are still ordinary things that still bother you that you can refine without doing anything special?

I used to think about the idea of traveling to China to search for some kind of spiritual training. The idea that I would somehow magically level up. Now that I'm almost en route it's proving to be the right decision but for a different reason.

It became clear a while ago that it was nothing about the destination but rather the process of throwing myself into an unknown situation whereby refinement of worrying, control, and the usual comfort zone could be acted upon. The situation is the melting pot for further refinement of the self. There is no need to seek anything other than what is already being presented.

• Like 5

Don't know what that is. I've got another week in guangzhou and I've already done pretty much everything other than buy a good map of Western China. Would be good to find something good to keep me busy.

• Like 1

Sign in to follow this