whitesilk

Change the WIND!

A saying I've learnt states, "You cannot direct the wind, yet you can change the sails!" Taking from the paradigm of internal alchemy, this draws reference to the qi pervading us all.

May I offer an answer to the current riots in Hong Kong.

Huainanzi 3.8

"Mars normally enters the asterism Grand Enclosure in the tenth month. [The corresponding state thereupon] comes under its control. Then it emerges, passing through the lunar lodges in turn. [Mars] is in charge of states that lack the Way. It causes disorder, causes violence; causes sickness causes death; causes famine, and causes warfare. Its leavings and enterings [of lunar lodges] are irregular. Its color perceptibly varies. [its color] is sometimes visible and sometimes unnoticeable."

A bit obscure, and taken from the 2nd Century B.C., the above quote may shed light on the happenings of the world.

• Like 2

Did you hear about the elderly lady who consulted her doctor about excessive wind, "Im lucky", she said, "They're silent and they don't smell".

The doctor sent her on her way with a prescription and told her to return in one month's time. On her return she complained that things had got worse, since her wind now smelt vile.

"Thats good !" the doctor said, "Now that we have cured your sense of smell we can start to have a look at your hearing"

Edited by ThisLife
  • Like 4

Same doc, different patient.

Guy says...

" I can't stop farting Doc, please help me."

Doc says nothing, walks out of the consulting room and comes back in carrying a long pole with a hook on the end.

" please don't shove that up my erse Doc!"

Pleads the guy.

Doc says...

" Calm down, I'm just going to open that skylight window to clear the air in here."

Edited by GrandmasterP
  • Like 3

A saying I've learnt states, "You cannot direct the wind, yet you can change the sails!" Taking from the paradigm of internal alchemy, this draws reference to the qi pervading us all.

Profound. Every day is a new challenge.... and it is endless entertainment finding the right way to position my sails to best catch the new weather. Leaving the sales unchanged and waiting for the right wind to come along is boring and dangerous.

May I offer an answer to the current riots in Hong Kong.

Huainanzi 3.8

"Mars normally enters the asterism Grand Enclosure in the tenth month. [The corresponding state thereupon] comes under its control. Then it emerges, passing through the lunar lodges in turn. [Mars] is in charge of states that lack the Way. It causes disorder, causes violence; causes sickness causes death; causes famine, and causes warfare. Its leavings and enterings [of lunar lodges] are irregular. Its color perceptibly varies. [its color] is sometimes visible and sometimes unnoticeable."

A bit obscure, and taken from the 2nd Century B.C., the above quote may shed light on the happenings of the world.

Thanks for sharing this, I'm interesting in researching it a bit more.

• Like 1

Daeluin

Please let me know if I might be more help. I have the John Major Translation of the Huainanzi. I am stuck in the third book, trying to make logical sense of astrology, has proved the contentious within my mind. The chapter describes a cosmograph, and I am still trying to decipher it.