Trunk

Russell Brand

I've been watching a lot of comedy lately, most recently Russell Brand. Youtube suggested this video compilation of him re: spirituality.

• Like 4

Hi Tao Bum

Thanks for sharing. He's definitely a pretty smart guy, and definitely awake to the things around him, and who he is. I read an interesting study on comedians where they questioned a whole bunch of comedians from Australia, UK & USA and found that the majority of them displayed signs of psychotic behaviour and the majority of them believed in the paranormal. I'm starting to think psychotic is scientific language for 'open minded'. If you believe in Chi, you'll probably get thrown into the same basket. Comedians are very quick thinkers, and very intellectual, this is very evident in all Russell's work, on stage or on TV or on the fly. Maybe all those people that have been written off as 'crazy' are actually the smart ones, and were just not smart enough to realise that yet!

• Like 5

He's definitely a pretty smart guy, and definitely awake to the things around him, and who he is. I read an interesting study on comedians where they questioned a whole bunch of comedians from Australia, UK & USA and found that the majority of them displayed signs of psychotic behaviour and the majority of them believed in the paranormal.

Greg Giraldo graduated from Harvard Law and turned comedian... His overpowering sense of the mundane mixed with biting wit made him one of my favorite comedians. His participation in the 'roasts' are classic... but like a few others, substance abuse caught up with him.

Some might say that they are too caught up in their fame, etc.. In his case, I think he really saw something that most others do not see...

http://comedians.about.com/od/comediansal/p/greggiraldo.htm

• Like 2

He's definitely a pretty smart guy, and definitely awake to the things around him . . .(Emphasis mine, ZYD)

Being a comedian requires being intelligent, not only do you need to be able to 'think outside of the box', you have to understand enough about people to lead them outside the box in a way that they find funny.

I read an interesting study on comedians where they questioned a whole bunch of comedians from Australia, UK & USA and found that the majority of them displayed signs of psychotic behaviour and the majority of them believed in the paranormal. (Emphasis mine, ZYD)

Since they psychologists are materialists, anything that disagrees with materialism is ipso facto a disease. Healthy monkeys are materialist monkeys.

I'm starting to think psychotic is scientific language for 'open minded'. (Emphasis mine, ZYD)

Its OK to be open minded, as long it falls within the purview of a materialist worldview. See above.

If you believe in Chi, you'll probably get thrown into the same basket.

It's just tingling from anomalies in the blood circulation, 'tis this and nothing more'. Ask any materialist physiologist.

Comedians are very quick thinkers, and very intellectual, this is very evident in all Russell's work, on stage or on TV or on the fly. (Emphasis mine, ZYD)

They are not necessarily intellectual, but definitely quick thinkers, but with the general improvement in educational opportunities more contemporary comedians intellectual then say fifty or more years ago.

Maybe all those people that have been written off as 'crazy' are actually the smart ones, and were just not smart enough to realise that yet! (Emphasis mine, ZYD)

There is a real difference between being smart and being crazy. The smart ones know what's inside the box and what is outside the box. The 'crazy' ones don't.

I posted a little about my theory of humor here:

Zhongyongdaoist's Limitless Mischief Machine

Which unfortunately is not accessible to our guests, but those of our members who haven't read it might find it interesting.

• Like 4

It takes a genius to dumb down arcane concepts into simple laymen's terms...but a pseudointellectual poseur to do the reverse..

I would say David Wolfe is more an example of the former, but Russell Brand is often more the latter..

Alinsky encouraged community organizers to "fan the latent hostilities" of low-income, inner city residents and "search out controversy and issues, rather than avoid them." His 1971 book, "Rules for Radicals," published a year before his death, expanded on that theme. "Pick the target, freeze it, personalize it, and polarize it," Alinsky wrote.

“Dear Saul,” Clinton wrote in the 1971 letter. "When is that new book [Rules for Radicals] coming out — or has it come and I somehow missed the fulfillment of Revelation? I have just had my one-thousandth conversation about Reveille and need some new material to throw at people."

She thanked Alinsky for the advice he gave her about campus organizing.

stalin-quote-rf.jpg

stalin-quotes.jpg

StalinOnEducation.jpg

Edited by vortex
  • Like 1

I like his comedy, and I think he's an alright guy. However, when it comes to spirituality, he doesn't really know which direction he's coming from. That being said, he's doing more than most can to spread the message. I respect him for that.

He started out hosting one of the talent show review programmes and was pretty good on that.

He seemed to have a genuine interest in the people on the show and also had some nice repartee with the audience.

Since then though, to me; he seems to have become a bit 'full of himself' does young Brand.

I've gone right off him but maybe his new style suits a different audience to old farties like me.

Edited by GrandmasterP
  • Like 1