Uroboros

Looking for Teacher Recommendations in the US/ East Coast/ Midwest

Hello, All

I will be moving soon, away from my teacher who I will only be able to see once a month. I am looking to eventually settle in the regions of Vermont, Maine or Colorado. I will be moving to Orlando/ Cocoa beach region in the next month, spending some time there while I scout out the listed regions for the proper place to create a nourishing home/ retreat.

I want to find a good teacher in the region that I do settle in, one who teaches Taijiquan and other Internal Martial Arts along with QiGong would be ideal.

Any recommendations as to teachers? Also, if you happen to know if any of these regions are better for cultivators, please do let me know.

Thank you!

• Like 1

Most accurate way to find the teacher you need is to ask your heart to guide you to them.

Then surrender and let the process do its thing without any help other than sincerity.

Good to have multiple places in mind. One thing will lead to another and you'll find yourself in the place you need to be.

• Like 1

The only hands on experience I've had was a weekend workshop with Bruce. It was the only time I've done something over a weekend and come away with a surplus of energy rather than being drained. I can tell that what he teaches is high quality from what I know from other stuff.

• Like 1

Would make sense to wait until you're actually settled in, no? What's the timeframe for your move?

Having regular classes with a skilled teacher is very important to me. If the regions I am looking to move to do not have one, then I may not go there.

Going to florida within the next month, then from there find the place to settle down.

• Like 1

Having regular classes with a skilled teacher is very important to me. If the regions I am looking to move to do not have one, then I may not go there.

Going to florida within the next month, then from there find the place to settle down.

There's some interesting Tibetan teachings happening in Florida in the coming months. It may not be in line with what you are hoping to find, but could be worth your while to hang out amongst other spiritual practitioners... who knows, you might be able to make some useful connections there.

http://dnjus.org/

Best wishes!

• Like 1

You realize the places you mention are separated by thousands of miles, right? Using Cocoa Beach as home-base to explore Colorado or Maine seems rather impractical.

• Like 2

Oh, I see! I love it :-)

• Like 1

Hello, All

I will be moving soon, away from my teacher who I will only be able to see once a month. I am looking to eventually settle in the regions of Vermont, Maine or Colorado. I will be moving to Orlando/ Cocoa beach region in the next month, spending some time there while I scout out the listed regions for the proper place to create a nourishing home/ retreat.

I want to find a good teacher in the region that I do settle in, one who teaches Taijiquan and other Internal Martial Arts along with QiGong would be ideal.

Any recommendations as to teachers? Also, if you happen to know if any of these regions are better for cultivators, please do let me know.

Thank you!

Good luck, but just realize that regardless of where you go, unless you are putting in the work in your alone time, then the best teacher in the world will not get you where you want to go.

I can liken that to being in a band with someone that thinks its ok to just play their instrument when we all get together :lol:

The time you put in on your own will eventually prove more valuable, will prove the depth of your drive/commitment.

• Like 4

The only hands on experience I've had was a weekend workshop with Bruce. It was the only time I've done something over a weekend and come away with a surplus of energy rather than being drained. I can tell that what he teaches is high quality from what I know from other stuff.

Sounds like it was good experience. I will check them out! Thanks!

There's some interesting Tibetan teachings happening in Florida in the coming months. It may not be in line with what you are hoping to find, but could be worth your while to hang out amongst other spiritual practitioners... who knows, you might be able to make some useful connections there.

http://dnjus.org/

Best wishes!

Thank you for the heads up! I would enjoy going to some Tibetan teachings. I will check those out.

You realize the places you mention are separated by thousands of miles, right? Using Cocoa Beach as home-base to explore Colorado or Maine seems rather impractical.

I do realize that. I have a few reasons for going to Cocoa Beach and utilizing it as a home-base to then go find the right area for planting some roots. A few of those reasons are the culture, the relaxation of the beach life and my partner has roots/history there. Also, prices are good and its a quieter region.

My partner and I want to road trip anyway, this way we have a nice place to come back to.

Finding the right place that has good soil/ environment, culture, quiet, education, etc could take a few years. Planning for that, a home base is necessary.

• Like 3

Oh, I see! I love it :-)

Hah, im glad you do, too! Furthering my education is high on my priorities list. Although, may end up in a situation that was not what I thought/ planned for....heh.

Good luck, but just realize that regardless of where you go, unless you are putting in the work in your alone time, then the best teacher in the world will not get you where you want to go.

I can liken that to being in a band with someone that thinks its ok to just play their instrument when we all get together :lol:

The time you put in on your own will eventually prove more valuable, will prove the depth of your drive/commitment.

Oh, definitely. Consistency is vital. Having regular classes does not mean that I can practice only then, just that I am marinating in the juices of the teachings more often, whilst at the same time I train alone.

These are definitely practices that you have to do on your own, for your self. Otherwise, you wont get much benefit.

Weekend warriors! Useless on tuesdays.

• Like 2

I do realize that. I have a few reasons for going to Cocoa Beach and utilizing it as a home-base to then go find the right area for planting some roots.

an1.jpg

Watch out for those oil lamps!

• Like 3

Santiago Dobles who teaches KAP (http://kundaliniawakeningprocess.com/) is in Florida. I did an online Kap seminar with him years ago. He seems like a top energy and martial arts guy. You can probably look him up online.

Ah, I have heard good things about him. I think he used to be active on here awhile ago. Thanks for the recomendation, thelerner!

How did the seminar go?

Edited by Uroboros

Ah, I have heard good things about him. I think he used to be active on here awhile ago. Thanks for the recomendation, thelerner!

How did the seminar go?

It was taught by skype, maybe 6 or 8 weeks where a group would skype 'live' with Santiago. I enjoyed Glenn Morris's book, (Pathnotes of a ..) bad title, great book. I'd also purchased his Meditation Mastery tape series. Glenn was a synthesizer taking and testing what he thought worked best from several systems. That would lay the foundation for KAP. You could see clear influences from Healing Tao, also from Hinduism- the chakra system.

What I liked best was the secret smile practice. Doing the skype class reinvigorated the practice for me. When I'd do it regularly I'd be clearer, happier, more on. I also enjoyed the tummo taught in it. I probably never practiced long and earnestly enough to get the full potential of the system but there are a couple pieces of it I've integrated.

• Like 1