Cameron

Kunlun Level 1

I am done talking about the mystique and amazing abilities attributed to Lama Dorje. Time to talk about the practice.

So, I started practicing Kunlun Level 1 yesterday from the book. My guess is most people interested in Lama Dorje from Tao Bums will check out the book first. So will be cool to have a thread where we can all discuss our experiences with the practice.

Of course, if you are doing(or already did) the workshop definetly give feedback if you like. And of course any feedback from Mantra68 would be awesome.

So..Kunlun level 1 is very simple it seems. It has 3 stages from what I can tell. You start with a simple visualization where you see yourself floating on a white lotus in the middle of a cloudless sky. Above, under alla round you is cloudless sky. Then you imagine white lite all around you and breathe white light into yourself and breathe out toxic energies.

The second stage is where things get interesting. You hold you arms a special way and your feet a special way. The book says to hold this position for 10 minutes then if things don't start happening spontaneously your either supposed to move or stop and sit quietly. I am actually not clear about this so if Mantra68 or someone could maybe clarify this.

So..I held the position for about 20 minutes this morning. After the first 10 minutes my legs started shaking. I have done standing meditation(zhan zhuang) and experiences shaking limbs and stuff before but this was different.

my right leg started jumping up and down very fast. It was sort of interesting to watch my leg just bouncing up and down. My upper body and arms remained pretty still. No real noticeable movement in the upper body. Then after a few more minutes my other leg started shaking. So both my legs were going up and down very fast.

I am not clear about the instructions from the book. Your either supposed to hold this posture for 1 hour or if nothing happens after 10 minutes(I held it for 20) your supposed to stop.

If someone who knows could maybe clarify.

the third stage is sitting in silence for 20 minutes. Just sitting quietly with hands over the navel. pretty simple. Nothing special to report here. Though Max says that this 20 minutes at the end of sitting quietly is the most important part.

I want to join since I cannot attend the seminar. I will order the book first thing in the morning.

hpoe ist ok if I join in a little later than you who already have the book?

Cameron, I bought the book before I took the seminar in August. I received it about 2 weeks before the seminar. I started practicing the Level 1 exercise so I could be more prepared for the seminar. I felt stuff happening right away. Mostly a lot of the body shaking and moving in a circular fashion. There is a lot more stuff going on for me after the seminar. I think every person will have different experiences depending on what they need to work through. The seminar really helps if you want to learn the practice. Max gives you a transmission and he goes around correcting the students if they are doing something wrong. Also Max's energy, and the group energy really gave me a boost with this practice.

I noticed there was a mistake in the book for the Level 1 exercise. In the book, on page 39 point #5, it says to put your left hand above at the throat level with the palm facing down. I noticed that the photo on page 42 actually had the right hand on top. The correct way I learned at the seminar is with the right hand above as pictured in the photo on page 42.

Regarding the time limit, the hour is just a guideline. Your body will tell when to stop. Max said eventually you reach a point where you will be done with the Level 1 part in 5 minutes.

Craig

Edited by portcraig

Thanks. Let's get more feedback as people practice in coming weeks/months.

I practiced with right hand on top. Thanks for letting me know about the mistake in the book I didn't catch that.

I want to join since I cannot attend the seminar. I will order the book first thing in the morning.

hpoe ist ok if I join in a little later than you who already have the book?

Of course it's ok :)

I received the book on friday and have practiced the method four times. I also experienced the legs bouncing as well as my upper body moving in a counter clockwise direction and a feeling of my arms and hands being filled with chi and slowly moving up and slightly away from my body. Very cool! I also felt intense heat on two occassions and a feeling of deep peace and relaxation after the second time.

I am done talking about the mystique and amazing abilities attributed to Lama Dorje. Time to talk about the practice.

So, I started practicing Kunlun Level 1 yesterday from the book. My guess is most people interested in Lama Dorje from Tao Bums will check out the book first. So will be cool to have a thread where we can all discuss our experiences with the practice.

Of course, if you are doing(or already did) the workshop definetly give feedback if you like. And of course any feedback from Mantra68 would be awesome.

So..Kunlun level 1 is very simple it seems. It has 3 stages from what I can tell. You start with a simple visualization where you see yourself floating on a white lotus in the middle of a cloudless sky. Above, under alla round you is cloudless sky. Then you imagine white lite all around you and breathe white light into yourself and breathe out toxic energies.

The second stage is where things get interesting. You hold you arms a special way and your feet a special way. The book says to hold this position for 10 minutes then if things don't start happening spontaneously your either supposed to move or stop and sit quietly. I am actually not clear about this so if Mantra68 or someone could maybe clarify this.

So..I held the position for about 20 minutes this morning. After the first 10 minutes my legs started shaking. I have done standing meditation(zhan zhuang) and experiences shaking limbs and stuff before but this was different.

my right leg started jumping up and down very fast. It was sort of interesting to watch my leg just bouncing up and down. My upper body and arms remained pretty still. No real noticeable movement in the upper body. Then after a few more minutes my other leg started shaking. So both my legs were going up and down very fast.

I am not clear about the instructions from the book. Your either supposed to hold this posture for 1 hour or if nothing happens after 10 minutes(I held it for 20) your supposed to stop.

If someone who knows could maybe clarify.

the third stage is sitting in silence for 20 minutes. Just sitting quietly with hands over the navel. pretty simple. Nothing special to report here. Though Max says that this 20 minutes at the end of sitting quietly is the most important part.

Thanks for making this into a thread CAMERON and this will get people talking more about the experiences.

I would like to add that is there any ill effects from such practise?

Ive ordered the book just waiting now!

WYG

Regarding the time limit, the hour is just a guideline. Your body will tell when to stop. Max said eventually you reach a point where you will be done with the Level 1 part in 5 minutes.

Craig

Did he say when it would be appropriate to begin level 2? Practicing for one hour a day for six months seems like a general guideline also.

Max told me that I could start Level 2 after 3 months of practice. I don't know if that was just for me or everybody. I do think you would need to see Max for the transmission for the meditation to really work for you. When you get the transmission you are hooked up to his lineage. The only ill effects I heard mentioned were that if you start mixing it up with other things. I wish Mantra68 (Chris) would post some more because I am just a beginner in this stuff and have only attended the Level 1 workshop. Craig

Edited by portcraig

Wow, sounds like alot of people are coming back from the workshop with an understanding that Lama Dorje can perform what he says he can and his information is showing results even from a book.

Can you explain about how the hands and feet are used in level2 i think i read you hold your foot or something can u explain more please im waiting on my book to arrive and kind of excited to read what you guys have gotten already.

WYG

Lots of shaking and twisting- arms, legs, torso, head. Lots of heat generated that at the end of 1 hour make your underwear soaked with sweat. Sometimes there is a feeling like you want to make sounds with your mouth and there are some sounds coming out related to animal sounds or to Healing Sounds, it only happened to me once when I practiced with a friend. It seems if you practice with someone, the effects are much greater, at least for me. Doesn't matter if the air conditioner is on- the heat is all the same, and eventually you would prefer having a freezing water shower just to cool things down a bit. The heat is not uncomfortable per say.

This practice generates a lot of energy but again this type of energy doesn't make me feel too full or uncomfortable. It opened up the legs a bit so it feels now like walking on something soft, even if I walk on the concrete floor. It's been now over a month into this type of practice, and there are some weird feelings on the upper back area- kind of pleasurable. Also, many times, same feeling in the feet and the knees.

This practice greatly improved my stillness meditation and an ability to sit cross legged for longer periods of time. Also, the flexibility in the legs improved, even though I haven't done anything targeting it.

Also, I noticed the hunger is gone, and some days I eat once a day, mainly veggies and fruits. There is definitely something is going on with this method, and although I practiced before a similar method related to Soaring Crane chi kung, the effects of this practice are much more powerful. I would also recommend it to anyone who wants to improve the quality of their emptiness meditation.

If you sincere enough and have the right heart/mind, the transmission from Sifu Max could happen in a dream. Actually, there are a couple of "dreams" with Max and his teacher that convinced me to come to the upcoming September workshop. I wasn't going to before.

One of the main reasons I'm recommending this practice is because it helped me with my stillness meditation.

that's all for now.

Max

This is interesting. I've never done kunlun, but I've always had spontaneous movements in my meditation. I always just thought it was energy sorting itself out - may be it is. Teachers/forummers etc, that I've asked about it always kind of just ignored me :) - I guess they didn't know either.

Max told me that I could start Level 2 after 3 months of practice. I don't know if that was just for me or everybody. I do think you would need to see Max for the transmission for the meditation to really work for you. When you get the transmission you are hooked up to his lineage. The only ill effects I heard mentioned were that if you start mixing it up with other things. I wish Mantra68 (Chris) would post some more because I am just a beginner in this stuff and have only attended the Level 1 workshop. Craig

When you get the transmission you are hooked up to his lineage.

Hello Max Portcraic Mantra68 SeanDenty Whatever!!

aiai thats bad news for me..because I already had some transmission from my grandmaster (who has presented his lineage) He isnt doing no thunderpath though..

Edited by rain

Good practice huh?

Nice to see you all experiencing the effects. Pretty weird eh?

I love it.

The bouncing legs is the energy activating. If one leg is bouncing more than the other, that clues you in as to what type of energy needs to manifest greater in your life. Left leg is yin, right leg is yang.

If I get lots of right leg I am being too soft in my life; if I get more left leg I am being too fiery and aggressive.

I must warn you: DO NOT attempt level two until you have done level one for 3 to 6 months. Your nervous system must have that time to adjust to the increase in current. If you push it it won't work and you can get hurt.

Please be patient. There is plenty in store for you just by practicing level one. In fact, I have focused on level one exclusively for several years.

Also, this practice is not about serving any lineage. The whole point is "empowerment."

Thanks Chris!

Thanks for giving the details about what the significance of the legs bouncing is.

Also..I practiced this morning and both my legs bounced. I practiced again this evening and no bouncing at all. Is it normal to have a day where you bounce alot and then a day of no bouncing? Is it preferable to bounce? The first time I tried it a couple days ago and then today my legs bounced but no upper body movement.

Or should I just be patient and wait until the seminar to get the scoop? :)

Edited by Cameron

This is interesting. I've never done kunlun, but I've always had spontaneous movements in my meditation. I always just thought it was energy sorting itself out - may be it is. Teachers/forummers etc, that I've asked about it always kind of just ignored me :) - I guess they didn't know either.

I'm interested in Max because the kunlun stuff appears to have a fair bit in common with the system I've been working with for the last 3/4 years. This too involves a lot of spontaneous sound and movement. To begin with, at least it's the only way stuff gets released, I'm told.

I'm interested in Max because the kunlun stuff appears to have a fair bit in common with the system I've been working with for the last 3/4 years. This too involves a lot of spontaneous sound and movement. To begin with, at least it's the only way stuff gets released, I'm told.

I think receieving a transmission and doing spontaneous, propels you forward in your practise SO MUCH. It really is a massive advantage.

I just ordered the book.

Thank you for doing this and sharing. I am looking forward to begin :D

Since alot of the practise is visual, does anyone else use a type of visulaisation methods for there systems med and chi kung>?

With an exception of the begining, no visualization. No any type of mental control.

Every meditation is new with different experiences, so if something doesn't happen, it's the way it supposed to be. I would also say the transmission is to help you "grow" faster, not to bond you in the "lineage cage". It's like a spark to start a camp fire.

Mad Max,

Thanks for your reviews and insights!! I'm excited that you will be there.

Yoda

With an exception of the begining, no visualization. No any type of mental control.

Every meditation is new with different experiences, so if something doesn't happen, it's the way it supposed to be. I would also say the transmission is to help you "grow" faster, not to bond you in the "lineage cage". It's like a spark to start a camp fire.

Bingo.

It is best to get out of the mind and allow this energy to do its work. This is also referred to the Formless Form. You start with a posture, but then you let everything go as the Kunlun activates.

The analytical mind is best applied AFTER the practice.

Thanks Smile, the reminder that the approach should be the same as emptiness meditation. No expectations, no goal, just allowing the energy(and movements) to do it's thing.