Sign in to follow this  
soaring crane

Winter brew; liquid power

Inspired by thelearner's query in the 'Teachers' thread, this is my basic recipe for a powerful strengthening tonic in a thermos:

• 250ml boiling hot water in my daughter's owl thermos (that exact one, haha. If you click the second image, you'll see it says "thermosflasche" on the packaging)
  • Heaping teaspoon of organic Mugi Miso (similar to this) "Mugi" is a style, not a brand. It's kind of the middle road in the Miso world.
  • A couple crushed, hot dried chillis, enough to bring a bead of sweat to the brow and make the uninitiated say, "oh, dude, that's pretty spicy, damn" (these are what I use at the moment)
  • Fresh ginger, peeled, sliced. How much? Maybe 1/4 teaspoon-ish. I cut according to the shape of the ginger root
  • A few broken cardamom pods
  • Pinch of tumeric
  • 1/4 teaspoon coconut oil (this style)
  • Other seasoning to taste (for example, I have a "jambalaya spice mix" from the local spice store that goes really well with the miso, something like this)
  • I've added fresh lime zest and lime juice at times - excellent! Lime zest makes it tase very Indian somehow
  • Other things I've added: Splash of white wine, balsamico vinegar, honey, jalapenos ...
  • Of course it's a great base for vegetable soup, or any soup (it's basically soup to beging with)

I drink it in pretty tiny amounts over a longer period of time. It keeps the mucous membranes moistened, boosts energy and moves lymph through the body.

(I also often have one of those piri piri chillis packed away in my cheek during the day)

The links I posted are only for reference, I have different sources/brands here.

Anybody have any similar strengthening recipes? Or even better, something totally different?

Next recipe: Hokaido pumpkin soup! :-)))

• Like 3

Inspired by thelearner's query in the 'Teachers' thread, this is my basic recipe for a powerful strengthening tonic in a thermos:

• 250ml boiling hot water in my daughter's owl thermos (that exact one, haha. If you click the second image, you'll see it says "thermosflasche" on the packaging)
  • Heaping teaspoon of organic Mugi Miso (similar to this) "Mugi" is a style, not a brand. It's kind of the middle road in the Miso world.
  • A couple crushed, hot dried chillis, enough to bring a bead of sweat to the brow and make the uninitiated say, "oh, dude, that's pretty spicy, damn" (these are what I use at the moment)
  • Fresh ginger, peeled, sliced. How much? Maybe 1/4 teaspoon-ish. I cut according to the shape of the ginger root
  • A few broken cardamom pods
  • Pinch of tumeric
  • 1/4 teaspoon coconut oil (this style)
  • Other seasoning to taste (for example, I have a "jambalaya spice mix" from the local spice store that goes really well with the miso, something like this)
  • I've added fresh lime zest and lime juice at times - excellent! Lime zest makes it tase very Indian somehow
  • Other things I've added: Splash of white wine, balsamico vinegar, honey, jalapenos ...
  • Of course it's a great base for vegetable soup, or any soup (it's basically soup to beging with)

I drink it in pretty tiny amounts over a longer period of time. It keeps the mucous membranes moistened, boosts energy and moves lymph through the body.

(I also often have one of those piri piri chillis packed away in my cheek during the day)

The links I posted are only for reference, I have different sources/brands here.

Anybody have any similar strengthening recipes? Or even better, something totally different?

Next recipe: Hokaido pumpkin soup! :-)))

This sounds amazing. Thank you. I'll be trying it.

• Like 1

This sounds amazing. Thank you. I'll be trying it.

Nice. My real suggestion is to just buy some miso and throw some stuff in with it (that's all I really do. The stuff I listed is just the kind of thing we always have in the kitchen cabinets anyway. Healthy eating begins with the shopping list).

• Like 1

I have the "Putinsize" drink guessed at from a documentary -- the exact recipe is not revealed, but the journalist who was allowed to follow Putin in all his daily routines, morning till night for a few days, commented on the ingredients in the power smoothie Putin shared with him, which he drinks every day after breakfast. My approximation:

all greens I have handy -- this may be lettuces and kale, parsley and cilantro, spinach and dandelion greens, any of these or all of them, depending on what I have;

a chunk of white cabbage;

one or two tomatoes;

a clove of garlic;

a piece of horseradish root;

any other roots I have on hand -- parsnips, celery, burdock;

run this through a blender with some water, some sesame oil, a pinch of salt.

The benefits can be seen here: ;)

Edited by Taomeow
  • Like 2

A delicious alternative is the South Indian meal accompaniment known as Rasam or Charu.

A few simple recipes here

http://www.medindia.net/alternativemedicine/ayurvedaanddiet/rasam.htm

Niiiiiiice recipes at that link, thank you CT. My wife is going to enjoy that one :)

I have the "Putinsize" drink guessed at from a documentary -- ....

The benefits can be seen here: ;)

Ok, that was excellent, went well with my morning coffee, thanks! :)

I blenderize weeds, too. Around the yard, we have this stuff: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Glechoma_hederacea, plus stinging nettles, hawthorn, dandelion, buckhorn and few others. Our yard isn't much much of a lawn, lol.

• Like 1

A very simple recipe:

selfmade Hempmilk wtih figs dates and raw cacao

Put 2 hands of hempseeds a few flaxseeds and 5 dried dates in a blender and add alittle water.blend for half a minute.

add water so that the blender is nearly full and blend a little more until you have the milk.filter it or dont.

slice dried figs and press them in raw cacaopoder so you can eat them while drinking the milk for breakfast

enjoy the nonenjoyment

Edited by NATURE BEEING
  • Like 2

A very simple recipe:

selfmade Hempmilk wtih figs dates and raw cacao

Put 2 hands of hempseeds a few linseeds and 5 dried dates in a blender ...

sounds fantastic, thanks NB :-)

PS -- I think Leinsamen are most commonly referred to as 'Flaxseed' in English. I don't know why.

Sign in to follow this