abandonhope

Methods on RVing

I've dreampt of traveling the U.S slowly in a small RV w/ a kid or two but everyone gets so busy.

• Like 2

I've been living in an RV for the past 7 months. What would you like to know? :)

Cool! How much has it costed you over 7 months?

Let's just say that I saved enough money for a year, and already spent it...

So I've had to find work here and there. It really depends on how you do it. If you drive a lot, gas is a major expense. If you can just park somewhere, obviously a lot less.

I think $600-$1,000 per month is reasonable, but it can easily be more. If you have property to park on and live frugally, you could get by for much less. Basically whatever your monthly grocery bill costs. If you're filling up your gas tank, hanging out with friends, going on weekend trips, seeing music...it goes fast.

I was traveling the whole first half of that time and spent a lot of money.

• Like 1

Which places stand out? Where did you enjoy going the best?

(I could understand a moderator moving this thread to Off-topic)

Edited by thelerner

Yeah...let's wait for the OP to come back and clarify what he meant in the first place before we take this too much farther off topic.

• Like 2

Yeah...let's wait for the OP to come back and clarify what he meant in the first place before we take this too much farther off topic.

Probably not necessary, I assume moving 4 posts in the same thread is as easy as moving a thread with 20 posts. Course you know what they say about assuming; it makes an Ass of U and Ming.

• Like 1

I traveled with my ex and our dog in an RV for two years. We survived by doing seasonal work, visited parts of this country where not many venture into and had the time of our lives. I will never forget those two years.

• Like 6

Did someone say RV? :)

haha! It's a progressive verb. Maybe you can share some insights on RV-ing? How does one begin? :-)

(PS -- if the OP actually is writing about life in a Winnebego, the whole thread will probably be moved)

• Like 1

I have no idea how one would begin rainbow-veining... :)

The western US is where I've stuck to. So far. I like what I like and you'd like what you like...No epic stories or earthshaking insights, except that in some ways every place is more or less the same, and your happiness depends on how you live, not where. Yet at the same time, the culture and environment around you can have a drastic effect on your quality of life and what you accomplish in this life.

How's that? :)

Mostly I just love doing what I want. I call the shots. Money is a huge limiting factor, but no one is telling me I have to do "this" or can't do "that". I go where I want, and 24 hours a day my time is my own. But I know this won't last...I just hope that when I settle back down I have much more control of my time than I did before I started this.

I'm actually really surprised at how little I've felt cooped up. It's a tiny RV. But it has a lot of large windows. I also like small, cozy places. The whole tiny home movement is definitely in line with my thinking. A 600 sq ft home would be as much space as I'd ever need. I love fire lookouts.

As far as sleep...well, I wish I could say I'm as sensitive to feeling energy as I'd like to be, but it's far from true. My experience is that I sleep really well. I have really firm cushions, and I'd say this bed is more comfortable than any of my "real" beds in houses in the past. Plus it sits on a wood frame, instead of metal, which I like. I like that I know what's going on around me. Like being in a tent, but you feel more secure than that. Put me in a dark basement room and I feel way too insulated from the world. It's going to be really tough when it's winter and I'm indoors and windows are shut.

After this much time, it's where I'm comfortable. It might be an issue that my kitchen is my living room, my living room is my bedroom etc. No separation. But I fall right asleep every night (something that didn't always happen before. but then I also am not working, and I'm doing more or less what I want every day so there's very little to stress about :) ), and wake up feeling like I slept well.

All summer I went to bed at 9pm, and woke up ready to get up at 5:30am. No alarm, no dragging myself out of bed because I know I should do my practices and be up early. Actually waking up at 5:30 and being happy to get up and moving.

But a lot of that is just an overall lifestyle change, not necessarily just because of the RV.

• Like 5

Yeah we got some cool insight into RVing so i guess should leave the topic to RVing now.

• Like 3

LOL, I guess i should of been more specific. Remote Viewing is what I meant.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Remote_viewing

My feeling is there are multiple levels of this...

My wife accuses me of this on a daily basis. This is something I am more-or-less aware of.

I think Spotless talks about this as more an active awareness but he would have to relate that.

• Like 1

No epic stories or earthshaking insights, except that in some ways every place is more or less the same, and your happiness depends on how you live, not where. Yet at the same time, the culture and environment around you can have a drastic effect on your quality of life and what you accomplish in this life.

How's that? :)

Pretty deep insight into the human drama.

Hah! This thread is classic TTB. XD

Are there any members here interested in remote viewing? I'm looking to put together something. If so PM me we can talk. No money or anything this is not a sales pitch. I'm looking for people who are interested in developing this and astral projection.

Are there any members here interested in remote viewing? I'm looking to put together something. If so PM me we can talk. No money or anything this is not a sales pitch. I'm looking for people who are interested in developing this and astral projection.

I do it daily, the Shen based activity that is - not the leisure based variety :)

Where did you learn how? (via PM)

Well, my first Recreational Vehicle was an old Ferguson Tractor..the "old Fergy"...my Grandpa taught me how to drive it....

lmao - just kidding! :)

I was remote viewing before birth, to be honest. Before I even came into the womb I was purveying it all, and upon entering the womb the whole planet descended upon me with intensity. I'm still clearing and releasing incorrect perceptions from 0-2yrs on a daily basis.

After around 2 yrs old the world lumped on me even further as I came into my own auric shell, stepping into independence from my mother's aura.

The remote viewing as a constant diminished rapidly during that phase - up until around 27 as the Saturn Return event kicked in/approached.

Around that time I started awakening to external visions again. I started seeing people's energy bodies moving out of their physical body showing where their intention (Yi) was heading to and then the physical would follow.

I started seeing spirits again. The first time I was sitting in meditation by the bay and decided to pull Miyamoto Musashi up in front of me. He just arose at my will right up through the bay like a floating island dredged up from the underworld - he was a bit pissed at me and made that clear. I took it with more respect from that moment.

I trained in Silva Ultra Mind systems after that - and later did some of the Ed Dames remote Viewing training.

I then left these techniques behind by and large and steered my efforts more toward cultivating the foundation through meditation.

I practiced Zazen for about 6 years, then moved into neigong, and have now moved back toward stillness meditation Longevity Breathing - and working with dantiens and chakras.

I discovered that all the techniques fell away once the foundation grew, and the more I cultivate the dantiens, chakras, channels and points, emotions, thoughts etc the more I can remote view in real-time with no process - just directing the mind to the location and purveying it.

One of my guides also directs this too - I visit him at a certain hotspot/grid point - back in time, when he is 12 years old - and he holds out a big orb of light to which I peer into - this orb then takes me off to the target location that he wants to show me for whatever given reason.

Now, if I go deep I can purvey in full visual without technique, and can do the same in a waking state - but only sometimes is it a full visual - it takes more synergy to pierce the 3d sheath/veil (for now :)).

But then, there are different levels. I'm now coming to the stage where my soul/spirit runs the show when it comes to what we go and look at. I'll be meditating away on stillness and then start seeing through closed eyes, through the walls, out to nature, watching birds fly over. My vision has at times taken me off to watch other people - driven by my soul rather than personal will.

To me it's not a big deal, we are all of it - you just need sufficient compassion to ascend the personal experience.