Sign in to follow this  
Nikolai1

Who needs I Ching? The Tao Bums is my oracle!

The last couple of weeks, I log onto this place and immediately I read something something so deeply relevant to my situation it seems that the writer knows me personally.

For example thelerner wrote this the other day

I think there is great value in considering it true and not true. To keep the two considerations like heads and tail of a coin.

In the tic toc everyday world it is not true. I am typing what you're reading from a distance. I am not you, I am separate with a long history, as is everyone else.

Yet considering the other side of the coin, allows you to take ultimate responsibility for the world. It becomes a Rorschach test reflecting your mindset. You see and interpret it differently. You live a better life,

It wasn't addressed to me but the words were exactly what I needed to hear, and actually brightened my day.

Nungali wrote something to me personally that seemed so relevant to me that I actually asked for more. I didn't get it, but maybe it was impertinent of me to ask, like you shouldn't test the oracle by asking the same thing twice.

There's been a few more things that I won't more you with...

Is it possible that this website operates in the same way as the I Ching. Does anyone else get synchronistic moments here?

• Like 2

We'll have to rename it Spookybums.

On occasion that sort of thing has happened to me too.

• Like 1

Synchronicity happens all the time.

Change your red car for a new blue car and, suddenly; you see lots of blue cars on the road that you never noticed before.

They were there but you weren't 'in the zone' to notice them.

If someone on TTC didn't find I Ching or TTC related material then that would be remarkable.

On the other hand were they to discover similar materials on ( for example) an Angling forum, then that might be considered unusual.

Birds of a feather flock together.

Edited by GrandmasterP
  • Like 2

Synchronicity happens all the time.

Change your red car for a new blue car and, suddenly; you see lots of blue cars on the road that you never noticed before.

They were there but you weren't 'in the zone' to notice them.

I

If this is all synchronicity means to you then you obviously don't have much experience of it!

You're not wrong, with your example. and that does happen to us all, but when it does it doesn't really impress us.

But some coincidences completely stop us in our tracks, and leave us awestruck by the universe.

And they increase with our development, and give us pleasure and encouragement for they are a very good sign of progress.

I pity you your 'bloke in the pub' no-nonsenseness.

• Like 1

The last couple of weeks, I log onto this place and immediately I read something something so deeply relevant to my situation it seems that the writer knows me personally.

For example thelerner wrote this the other day

It wasn't addressed to me but the words were exactly what I needed to hear, and actually brightened my day.

Nungali wrote something to me personally that seemed so relevant to me that I actually asked for more. I didn't get it, but maybe it was impertinent of me to ask, like you shouldn't test the oracle by asking the same thing twice.

There's been a few more things that I won't more you with...

Is it possible that this website operates in the same way as the I Ching. Does anyone else get synchronistic moments here?

I've experienced this all over the web, but as GP points to... the waters here are rich in it.

The entirety of life is my I-Ching however.

When the mood strikes, I will pose a question to the Tao and then open up.

the answers can come from a snippet of overheard conversation while walking...

from the side advert on a bus driving by...

from a few words as I'm changing radio stations...

from a book lying nearby where I'll just flip to a page and start reading...

or an interaction between the cheeky squirrels outside my door...

Everything connects to everything else.

So that's where my impetus for such a process came from originally.

• Like 1

"Bloke in the Pub No-Nonsenseness'" would be a great ( if rather long) online name.

:)

If a Synchronicity resonates then for sure it has more impact than a mundane synchronicity.

They are all synchronicity though.

We invest the 'value'.

Edited by GrandmasterP
  • Like 1

If a Synchronicity resonates then for sure it has more impact than a mundane synchronicity.

They are all synchronicity though.

We invest the 'value'.

A synchronicity is simply a feeling of affinity for the moment we are in. It feels known, familiar, understood and we can relate it to other people, things, events.

This feeling is either remarkable or unremarkable and therefore synchronicity is a spectrum.

At the lowest unremarkable end it is simply the things we have known and learnt and understand at the egoic level. We feel affinity for blue cars, they have meaning for us, if we have just bought a blue car.

At the highest end we have a feeling of affinity in all sorts of situations. Random moments feel familiar and understood so our egoic minds fabricate explanations for them.

Jung famously saw a fish dead on the beach. He tells us it was the fifth fish symbol he saw that day. But his ego invented the other four in that moment. All he had was a feeling of very strong affinity and familiarity for the dead fish, and this made him think fishes had been part of his day.

The miracle of synchronicity is not a sequence of meaningful events. This is an illusion. The miracle is the intense feeling for an innocuous experience that leads us to, on the spot, weave it into our existence.

This intense feeling comes with spiritual practice, which is why synchronicity is a phenomenon that we feel, but then later stop feeling as the ego stops fabricating memories

Sign in to follow this