Sign in to follow this  
Wun Yuen Gong

Chanting and vibrational sounds

Hi Guys,

Ive oftened wondered if the Bagua could be chanted or yin yang names for meditation and or healing work? I think i read that Mantak Chia has chanting that is why im asking if this is correct!!!

I know people use Om etc, but is there any Taoist chants?

Have have been thinking of drumming the I ching as a way of meditation into a trance state and healing the body do you think this can be done?

WYG

Hi Guys,

Ive oftened wondered if the Bagua could be chanted or yin yang names for meditation and or healing work? I think i read that Mantak Chia has chanting that is why im asking if this is correct!!!

I know people use Om etc, but is there any Taoist chants?

Have have been thinking of drumming the I ching as a way of meditation into a trance state and healing the body do you think this can be done?

WYG

By far the best way to approach deep energetic patterns that needs transformation is through sound. Basically everything is sound, or vibration, and if used correctly, chanting can resolve most energetic blockages and go into the very core of the system.

There are many Taoist chants, but most chanting or sound practices that are "formal" are related to healing. There are ofcourse the healing sounds related to every organ, and many different sounds for tapping into meditative or spiritual states.

In my own system we use sound quite spontaneously. Actually, sounds usually get chant like if you are really tuned in and is a sign of deep resonance in the energetic matrix of the body. Most spontaneous chants have a basis in emotioal purging or healing, ranging from dispelling stress to deep trauma and/or grief and anger. I often break into what could be some form of spontaneous qigong singing while I'm meditation for example.

No experience with drums though.

h

In my research for my masters thesis I discovered that yang and yin are music ratios! 2:3, the perfect fifth is yang while 3:4 the perfect 4th is yin. Only it's NOT western tuning.

The fifth as yang resonates through the whole energy spectrum and the 12 nodes of the small universe, as per Taoist Yoga (trans. charles luk) are the 12 notes of the music scale.

For more details http://mothershiplanding.blogspot.com.

There are Yin and Yang pentatonic scales in Chinese music theory.

Research bell harmonics.

Edited by Spectrum

There is a Healing Music series of CD's that has samples of various sacred and new age music. I like musician's Deuter's stuff. Some of his pieces are like musical trance inducers.

I like tibetan bells. An aikido dojo I went to had a really large one. When played properly you could hear bells rhthyms circling within it. The effect reminded me of helicopters blade. There's an illusion that you can see the blade circling, but you can't. Large tibetan bell circles the sound inside to create an amazing effect.

An interesting chant series is called the The Magic of IHVH. Its on ABardoncompanion.com. It starts simple and builds up. I like it a lot and its free.

If you're of a Jewish background or interested in Kabbalah, the book/cd Ecstatic Kabbalah has some great chant practices on it. Amongst other things it gets into vowels and where their sounds hit the body. It parallels Shinto Kotodama (sacred sounds) somewhat.

I haven't done it, but I think Chia had a chant the kan and li practice, which did you have you chanting the baugua somehow. You could probably google it under the Healing Tao site.

Michael

Thanks, i have read the Mantak stuff and i also have the Druming I Ching Book, but havent started it properly yet. So was interesting on chanting the words like mantak chia says could be right?

Is there evidence that it works using Mantaks method?

Who did he learn that Kan and Lii chanting from?

sorry for all the questions...

WYG

Thanks, i have read the Mantak stuff and i also have the Druming I Ching Book, but havent started it properly yet. So was interesting on chanting the words like mantak chia says could be right?

Is there evidence that it works using Mantaks method?

Who did he learn that Kan and Lii chanting from?

sorry for all the questions...

WYG

Dear WYG

The chant is as follows:

Kan, Li - Water, Fire

Xun, Dui – Wind, Lake

Kun, Gen – Earth, Mountain

Zhen, Qian – Thunder, Heaven

Looking at the Post Natal Bagua you find Kan and Li at the North and South positions (Remember, the Bagua compass has South at the top!).

Then Xun and Tui at the East and West Positions.

Then Kun and Gen at the Southwest and Northeast positions.

Finally ending with Zhen and Qian at the Southeast and Northwest positions.

Therefore the chant makes an up down line, then a left right line followed by two diagonal lines across the bagua. The intention is to bring in all the 8 forces into the center to be fused into one energy. Much like the fusion practice brings your internal 5 elements energies into the center for blending/balancing.

Had to think about this a bit as I learned it only once back in 2000. I have since finally learned the Pinyin for the positions of the Bagua. My early I Ching training used the old spellings and has been difficult for me to adopt the “new” Pinyin.

The concept is to form the bagua centered in the Navel (tantien) as in the Fusion practice and then chant:

Kan Li Xun Dui Kun Gen Zhen Qian

repeatedly and then focus the energies into the tantien.

Don't really practice this, but I remember that the effect of the practice was noticeable at the time.

I don't know where he got it and I have no "proof" that it works. How could you prove something like this anyway!!!???

FYI - I respect what the HT teachings gave me, and I recognize some of the limitations and failings of their approach.

I am not currently actively practicing them and have found what I consider more authentic teachings to pursue.

But chanting the I Ching Trigrams must certainly be something that many other Chinese, Taoists, or other sects have practiced over time. I Ching Trigrams have been around through a lot of history.

If you have the intention to make connection, invoke the forces into your center there must be an effect to chanting on some levels. At least I can give you the order and the logic for the order. Perhaps you could work out other orders for the Bagua chanting for other intentions. I would think that to do Kan-Li practice you might want to to the same order across the Bagua but using the Pre Natal arrangement. Or maybe going from Position 8 and counting down to position 1.

Hope this is helpful.

Craig

Edited by VCraigP

Sign in to follow this